+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair transplant and smoking weed....

So, I got a hair transplant yesterday and was wondering when I could start smoking weed again? I know I'm supposed to wait 72 hours before drinking alcohol and I plan on not drinking alcohol until I get my stitches out in 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisp View Post
    So, I got a hair transplant yesterday and was wondering when I could start smoking weed again?
    You should go back to your HT surgeon and ask him. You should record that conversation and post the video on this forum. I want to see the look on his face when you ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    You should go back to your HT surgeon and ask him. You should record that conversation and post the video on this forum. I want to see the look on his face when you ask him.
    Why would he give me a look? He asked if I smoked, I said no to cigarettes and yes to weed and hes like okay. He said to wait one day but I just wanted to get some more opinions.

Just wait a few days. You can't be in such a rush to smoke unless your a pothead lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    Man. You have made me remember a really funny conversation I had with a doctor once. It has nothing to do with hair transplants or this topic but it's funny.

It was about 10 years ago and he had put me on some medication which had destroyed my sex drive. The conversation went

Me - Doctor. Since I started taking the medication I have not wanted to have sex with my girlfriend at all. Maybe I need a different medication.

Doctor - Maybe you need a different girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by spreadlocks View Post
    Man. You have made me remember a really funny conversation I had with a doctor once. It has nothing to do with hair transplants or this topic but it's funny.

It was about 10 years ago and he had put me on some medication which had destroyed my sex drive. The conversation went

Me - Doctor. Since I started taking the medication I have not wanted to have sex with my girlfriend at all. Maybe I need a different medication.

LOL that's too funny! Do you think he was joking, or serious?

Good chat Speadlocks!

It amazes me that people invest so much time energy effort and MONEY into a HT and potentially want to jeopodise it..

Cheech - ease off the weed too and try hold out and just consider for a few minutes if you want to in anyway shape or form run ANY risk of putting your HT at risk
    SPEXHAIR - UK Representative and Patient Advisor
    Feel free to contact me directly about your hair loss concerns : Spexhair - Hair loss Patient Advisor
    Surgeons I represent:
    Dr. Alan Feller, IAHRS Member
    Dr. William Lindsey, IAHRS Member
    Dr. Bijan Feriduni, IAHRS Member
    Watch and listen to regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

I am not a Doctor and all my posts are my own personal opinion based on 10 Hair transplants, SMP into my scar and 10 years consulting on and offline. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Good chat Speadlocks!

It amazes me that people invest so much time energy effort and MONEY into a HT and potentially want to jeopodise it..

Cheech - ease off the weed too and try hold out and just consider for a few minutes if you want to in anyway shape or form run ANY risk of putting your HT at risk
    Agreed. While I doubt that it would have a significant effect on the results, why take even a small chance? I know that cigarette smoking makes you heal slower, so I'd imagine that weed smoking might too (albeit to a lesser extent).

Quote Originally Posted by spreadlocks View Post

Hahahaha. That doctors a legend !!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf View Post
    LOL that's too funny! Do you think he was joking, or serious?
    Honesty, a bit of both. He really was a legend. He constantly seemed drunk and made sarkey remarks. I actually miss him although my new GP is pretty hip and prescribes me proscar so all good.