Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
Crisp

Default Hair transplant and smoking weed....

So, I got a hair transplant yesterday and was wondering when I could start smoking weed again? I know I'm supposed to wait 72 hours before drinking alcohol and I plan on not drinking alcohol until I get my stitches out in 2 weeks.
Crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
Folly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp View Post
So, I got a hair transplant yesterday and was wondering when I could start smoking weed again?
You should go back to your HT surgeon and ask him. You should record that conversation and post the video on this forum. I want to see the look on his face when you ask him.
Folly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
Crisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folly View Post
You should go back to your HT surgeon and ask him. You should record that conversation and post the video on this forum. I want to see the look on his face when you ask him.
Why would he give me a look? He asked if I smoked, I said no to cigarettes and yes to weed and hes like okay. He said to wait one day but I just wanted to get some more opinions.
Crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
john2399

Just wait a few days. You can't be in such a rush to smoke unless your a pothead lol.
john2399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:48 AM   #5
spreadlocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folly View Post
Man. You have made me remember a really funny conversation I had with a doctor once. It has nothing to do with hair transplants or this topic but it's funny.

It was about 10 years ago and he had put me on some medication which had destroyed my sex drive. The conversation went

Me - Doctor. Since I started taking the medication I have not wanted to have sex with my girlfriend at all. Maybe I need a different medication.

Doctor - Maybe you need a different girlfriend.
spreadlocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #6
Gandolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadlocks View Post
Man. You have made me remember a really funny conversation I had with a doctor once. It has nothing to do with hair transplants or this topic but it's funny.

It was about 10 years ago and he had put me on some medication which had destroyed my sex drive. The conversation went

Me - Doctor. Since I started taking the medication I have not wanted to have sex with my girlfriend at all. Maybe I need a different medication.

LOL that's too funny! Do you think he was joking, or serious?
Gandolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:12 AM   #7
Spex
Fellermedical Consultant

Good chat Speadlocks!

It amazes me that people invest so much time energy effort and MONEY into a HT and potentially want to jeopodise it..

Cheech - ease off the weed too and try hold out and just consider for a few minutes if you want to in anyway shape or form run ANY risk of putting your HT at risk
Dr. Bijan Feriduni, IAHRS Member

Feel free to contact me directly about your hair loss concerns : Contact Spex

I am not a Doctor and all my posts are my own personal opinion based on 10 Hair transplants, SMP into my scar and 10 years consulting on and offline. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.
Spex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #8
Gandolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spex View Post
Good chat Speadlocks!

It amazes me that people invest so much time energy effort and MONEY into a HT and potentially want to jeopodise it..

Cheech - ease off the weed too and try hold out and just consider for a few minutes if you want to in anyway shape or form run ANY risk of putting your HT at risk
Agreed. While I doubt that it would have a significant effect on the results, why take even a small chance? I know that cigarette smoking makes you heal slower, so I'd imagine that weed smoking might too (albeit to a lesser extent).
Gandolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #9
Folly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadlocks View Post

Hahahaha. That doctors a legend !!
Folly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #10
spreadlocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandolf View Post
LOL that's too funny! Do you think he was joking, or serious?
Honesty, a bit of both. He really was a legend. He constantly seemed drunk and made sarkey remarks. I actually miss him although my new GP is pretty hip and prescribes me proscar so all good.
spreadlocks is offline   Reply With Quote