Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Women's Hair Loss > Hair Replacement: Wigs, Toppers, Hair Integration
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-07-2009, 08:00 PM   #11
Mr. 4000

get a room!
Mr. 4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:55 AM   #12
madmaria

Default crochet hats!

I guess I'm reviving an old thread, but I had to put in my recommendation.

My hair has been thinning for awhile, and I don't like to leave the top uncovered. I've started using the situation as an excuse to experiment with making hats for myself. I have a whole pile of caps that I've knitted and crocheted in different colors and patterns, and have had a lot of fun wearing them. I love how my hair looks out the bottom of a hat- you could never tell it's thinning out!
madmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:29 AM   #13
Inder

Thumbs up

There are 2 good products for topical concealers.

1- a hair building fiber. i recommend Trendz Volumizer. it is similar to toppiks but i prefer it as i feel it works better.

2- dermat is another good product and is water proof. i use it when i go on family trips!

but i recommend that you use a DHT blocker to protect the balance hair that you have. otherwise it is only hair systems for you my friend!
Inder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #14
William Yates, MD
IAHRS

As stated earlier concealer products will not clog pores or cause hair loss. The products basically fall into 2 categories... either background color or hair fibers. If you have any hair at all, the hair fibers are a better choice because they give the most natural appearance of thicker hair. The other products like Dermatch and other spray on color work better if the scalp is completely exposed without any hair to retain the fibers. I have a hair fiber that I use and feel gives superior results.Dryateshairthick.com
William Yates, MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #15
drybone

I have both caboki (same thing as toppik) and derm match.

Often I blend the two.

Kaboki and Toppik come in containers that shake out like salt and pepper . But instead of putting it on your dinner, you put the Kaboki on your hair.

The Kaboki stays in better with hairspray. Instead of shaking off your head like dandruff,its much better to put a little hairspray to keep it on. It says on until you wash it off, even when sleeping.

Derm match is something you paint onto your hair. It thickens each hair and paints your scalp the color of your hair. So instead of using hairspray for the Kaboki to keep it on, I use the derm match.

Thus i dont have to use much of each and they work in tandem. The stuff really does work!!!
drybone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best hair fibers, dr yates