Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Non Surgical Hair Replacement
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #11
RichardDawkins
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 901
Default

Nope i only say, that even a veteran has to choose his words carefully. Acell is made from pig bladder but what its used for is as an ECM.

I did not want to attack you personally but if you try to dismiss something that fast, please have the decency to give an accurate statement what this is ;-)

Ans its not "simply" some Snake Oil, thats what i aim for. Because Acell is not only used as PRP injection or whatsoever there are plenty more things they can work on.

You said it yourself, people should do more research, and thats what i advise to you, do some research about Acell etc and then you can give another statement ;-) about Acell ^^
RichardDawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:49 PM   #12
SilverSurfer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 116
Default @ Richard

Do you know when will ACell become available in Europe?
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:01 PM   #13
I Wish Hair Grew
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
Nope i only say, that even a veteran has to choose his words carefully. Acell is made from pig bladder but what its used for is as an ECM.

I did not want to attack you personally but if you try to dismiss something that fast, please have the decency to give an accurate statement what this is ;-)

Ans its not "simply" some Snake Oil, thats what i aim for. Because Acell is not only used as PRP injection or whatsoever there are plenty more things they can work on.

You said it yourself, people should do more research, and thats what i advise to you, do some research about Acell etc and then you can give another statement ;-) about Acell ^^
I'm not being dismissive of Acell or PRP(which I had done on two separate occasions). I'm being realistic to their effectiveness on the underlining goal, getting hair density, thus confidence. I'm not interested in strands of miniature hair growth, if any

If Acell worked as great as you claim, then there would be clinics that does strictly Acell and PRP, with HTs being optional. But the reverse is true, so that in it self suggest something

Could you provide some before/after pixs of Acell and or PRP that showes their effectiveness in regrowing hair density?

Talks of how great something will be, versus how great and effective it is now, has been the reoccurring theme in hair loss for years
I Wish Hair Grew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:15 AM   #14
morrison
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Wish Hair Grew View Post
I've had 3 HT, and now have to deal with the dreaded HT scar. I'm very conscious of it and very desperate to get it "fixed," furthermore, I would like to get some more density on top

Sometime early last year, I learned about artistry concept's services. I stalked their websites for a couple months. I could almost repeat the summaries verbatim that accompanied each of their customer's picture on the website.
Researched countless hair forums to get info about them.

Then finally, I sent an email about their services with pictures.
I had email convo with Gale Hartvigsen ,Director . She quoted me a price range of $6500 - $8500. As she puts it, that's the normal cost for HT patients because you need to apply the procedure twice and the price also covers what is not seen in the pics

she then warns me that the price will increase in the next couple months Why? I don't know since there will be no difference in my hair situation but I was just too anxious to get the job done.

So just like most HT scar victims, I was very narrow in my analyst of the my situation and thought that Artistry was my only option to finally regain some comfort and confidence. So after she quoted the price, I sought out to save and raise about $6500 because I really wanted this procedure and a chance at a "normal existence"

To make a long story short , luckily, I have a friend who is the only person that knows about my HT situation and low confidence because of it. We sat down one night and he helped me to fully analyze the situation.

And we came to the conclusion that Artistry Concepts is offering a predatory service. If you ever had an HT, then you are viewed as the most desperate, thus your price will be inflated simply because you're more likely to pay anything because you are more desperate than another dude who is simply balding

My suggestion to my fellow HT scar victims, PLEASE do your research about other companies that provide this type service. AC is not the only one or the best out here. This is your hair we're talking about, so don't make traveling an excuse if need be. If you're in Florida, don't take the easy route and goto AC because it's closer because they are preying on the desperate and those of us hesitant to travel

I found another place that provides the same service that I'm going with. I'm being charged about $2700 - $3200. I'm not going to specify which one because I'm not here to promote any company, just to remind you guys that you have options out there, especially if you're willing to travel out of your state or country
'I Wish Hair Grew', did you end up having the procedure done with another company? If so, how has it held up and are you happy with how it turned out?
morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:09 PM   #15
jgq85
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3
Default

lol didn't see this until after I posted.

Thanks for the lead.

I haven't got a quote from AC yet because they told me to wait 2 years from when I got my HT scar.

I'll probably get a quote in December.
jgq85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:50 PM   #16
I Wish Hair Grew
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrison View Post
'I Wish Hair Grew', did you end up having the procedure done with another company? If so, how has it held up and are you happy with how it turned out?
I'm very happy with it. Since I had a few transplants, I have some hair that compliments the procedure

I suggest staying away from a strip HT and do FUE so that you could get some hair without a linear scar. Then get the shading procedure to compliment it...trust me, you will be happy with keeping a buzz cut
I Wish Hair Grew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:11 PM   #17
gmonasco
Senior Member
 
gmonasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 872
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Wish Hair Grew View Post
she then warns me that the price will increase in the next couple months. I don't know since there will be no difference in my hair situation
It's a standard business trick to hook customers on their first visit/inquiry by telling them that the price is about to go up significantly (or that they're eligible for a special "introductory discount," but only if they sign up today). It's intended to lure potential customers into taking the plunge right away, because the businesses know that if they allow the potential customers time to think about it, they likely won't be back.
gmonasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:50 AM   #18
morrison
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Wish Hair Grew View Post
she then warns me that the price will increase in the next couple months Why? I don't know since there will be no difference in my hair situation
They seem like a Bunch of crooks if you ask me! Preying on peoples insecurities to lure them into making rash decisions
morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
artistry concepts cuts Scalp MicroPigmentation (SMP) 282 06-04-2012 04:16 PM
NeoGraft Hair Transplant Warning - Let The Buyer Beware! tbtadmin The Bald Truth: Show Archives 29 07-24-2010 12:01 PM
NeoGraft Warning - A Closer Look tbtadmin The Bald Truth: Show Archives 0 06-21-2010 11:50 AM
FDA Issues Warning: CT Scans Reported To Cause Hair Loss and Other Serious Injuries tbtadmin The Bald Truth: Show Archives 0 02-10-2010 03:00 PM
Warning with Finasteride and Cancer Paolo Hair Loss Treatments 0 01-10-2010 07:49 AM

» The Bald Truth
» Recent Threads
Being bald or having no hair?
04-12-2014 06:34 PM
by Mribby1
Last post by PatientlyWaiting
Today 12:18 AM
New Guy, Receding Hair Line
04-10-2014 12:13 PM
by av8tor
Last post by Artista
Yesterday 09:56 PM
Sponsoring somebody to go to WCHR 2014
03-16-2014 07:36 AM
by Arashi
Last post by deuce
Yesterday 08:22 PM
» Newest Videos

Update On Hairloss 8/10/09...
My hair loss was getting worse, so I just got it cut really short now. I don't think it looks that b...


Hair Loss Remedy Myths Perpetuated Onlin...
We are sure these people mean well, but this is a prime example of why the snake oil industry thrive...


Hair Transplant | "SurgeonofNalts&q...
http://www.baldtruthtalk.comFounder of The American Hair Loss Association Spencer Kobren speaks with...


How Hair Loss Colors Our Lives | Spencer...
...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:42 AM.