X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Notcoolanymore
    • Jun 2013

Originally posted by capitan
    I'm 18 and I started losing hair at 16.

Stay away from Rogaine, don't go down that route.

Keep watching your hair and if it becomes obvious you have lost any at all, get a prescription for Finasteride.

Disregard the side-effects, as studies consistently prove that only 2% suffer reversible side-effects.

I went on Finasteride 6 months ago when I was your age. I don't know if I regrew anything, but my hair looks noticeably better. Before taking the medication, my hair actually kept looking worse and worse by the month.

Now that my hair isn't falling out before my eyes, I've had the freedom to live my life without many worries. I have lots of sex.
    Why don't you recommend minoxidil? I use it, but at my stage of hair loss I had to throw the kitchen sink at it. As far as your having lots of sex comment, pics or it isn't happening. Just joking, good for you.

Comment

• redy
      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by capitan
      Stay away from Rogaine, don't go down that route.
      I don't really understand this comment at all, unless you mean it's annoying to apply it?

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
        • Jun 2013

The only issue I have with minoxidil is that it is a bit greasy. As far as applying, it literally takes only 3 - 4 minutes, and that is including the time to wash my hands afterward. As long as you are using the dropper and rubbing it in after you place a few drops, then you will be fine. The only way I could see it being a mess is if you are just pouring it on your head from the bottle.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
          Doctor Representative
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
          The only issue I have with minoxidil is that it is a bit greasy. As far as applying, it literally takes only 3 - 4 minutes, and that is including the time to wash my hands afterward. As long as you are using the dropper and rubbing it in after you place a few drops, then you will be fine. The only way I could see it being a mess is if you are just pouring it on your head from the bottle.
          I have not noticed any greasy issue with Rogaine foam. I believe that some minoxidil formulations contain propylene glycol. They put that stuff in car radiator anti-freeze and I would definitely avoid rubbing that in my scalp.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
          forhair.com
          Cole Hair Transplant
          1070 Powers Place
          Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
          Phone 678-566-1011
          email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
          The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
          Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
            • Jun 2013

Yeah the foam is definitely not greasy like the liquid. Dries much faster. For some reason I just think the liquid works better because I can see it. The foam dries so damn fast, sometimes I don't know if I am using enough for it to be effective.

Comment

• horte
              • Mar 2013

Hey man sorry about hairloss. I'm 18 now and have been losing hair since 16 in my temples. I would be a NW2 or 3 if I had done nothing by now. Don't even consider not doing Min it's worked wonders on my hairline and creates lots of small hairs which gives you hope. I advice following in my footsteps which is detmaroll/Min until your 18 then fin. I was prescribed fin at 17 but made the decision to wait and think you should too. So far I've been on fin for a month and no sides.

As for mindoxil shedding.... It will happen or at least for me. But just remember shedding is necessary and that it seems it resets your hair cycle so it all sheds at once. Don't lose faith it will come back even if it's hard to believe. Our goal as young HL people is delay and maintain until a cure act now!

Comment

• capitan
                • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
                Why don't you recommend minoxidil? I use it, but at my stage of hair loss I had to throw the kitchen sink at it. As far as your having lots of sex comment, pics or it isn't happening. Just joking, good for you.
                Yeah, one side of my hairline is a strong NW2 and the other pretty much a NW3. I have thick hair everywhere else.

I just want to maintain, so the twice-daily applications of Rogaine with its famous shedding phases didn't make any sense to me.

I've always believed that Rogaine is a last resort, Finasteride being the first. I also believe that Rogaine should only be used if you really, really need to regrow hair.

I'm not saying it isn't effective, I'm pretty sure that in your case it's better that you are applying it.

I'll post pics of my sexual escapades soon, don't worry man I got you.

Comment

Working...