+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: HT in Toronto

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4

    Question HT in Toronto

    Hi people,
    I have consulted with 2 HT doctors in Toronto. But I don't know which one I should go with.

    Both doctors have had HT themselves. As far as my research goes, both are well accepted by the HT community and patients. Both received me very well and I'm quite satisfied with the information that both gave me, although I knew a lot about the procedures and everything (Thanks to the internet resources), so I was not a dummy in their office, but I listened to what they had to say and asked many questions from both.

    The only difference they have is that, when it came to the number of grafts that they estimate they can get by checking my scalp, one of them said 2800 grafts is the max. number and the other said between 3000-3100...and I have to add that both mentioned that its just an estimate and it may turn out to be more than or around the number they estimated....and I knew it too...

    So I'm now thinking which doctor to choose and have my HT with?

    Any suggestions from past patients and others? I really appreciate that!

    igor,

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    41

    Default

    If one of them is Dr Jones, you may want to reconsider. He doesn't have a very good reputation at all. I went to see him for a consult and was left with a feeling of uneasiness, he was arrogant and pushy and left me feeling even more self conscious when I left his office. When I researched him a little more, I found some very unsatisfied patients.

    If you are willing to travel to Ottawa (less than 4 hours from Toronto), go to Dr Rahal for the procedure. He is generally considered one of the best in the industry and you won't find any negative comments on this or any other forum. If/when I go forward, he will be the doctor for me.

    Good luck!

  3. #3
    Doctor Representative mattj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    It's worth pointing out that Dr Rahal carries out consultations in Toronto.

    As for the estimates, they might differ but not by that much really. It's possible that with stretching exercises your scalp laxity could increase allowing a surgeon to extract more grafts.
    I am a representative and patient advisor for Dr Rahal. All opinions are my own.

    Dr. Rahal's website.

    To contact me: matt@rahalhairtransplant.com

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mg39 View Post
    If one of them is Dr Jones, you may want to reconsider. He doesn't have a very good reputation at all. I went to see him for a consult and was left with a feeling of uneasiness, he was arrogant and pushy and left me feeling even more self conscious when I left his office. When I researched him a little more, I found some very unsatisfied patients.

    If you are willing to travel to Ottawa (less than 4 hours from Toronto), go to Dr Rahal for the procedure. He is generally considered one of the best in the industry and you won't find any negative comments on this or any other forum. If/when I go forward, he will be the doctor for me.

    Good luck!
    Thank you mg39 for your reply! I didn't meet with Dr. Jones, I just read about him on the internet so I knew him this way. As for Dr. Rahal, I know about his excellent works specially about hairlines. Unfortunately I'm not living in Canada and I came here for a short time and will have to go back, I don't know whether I will have the opportunity to meet him in a short time...I will see what I can do since it's not an easy decision and I definitely will take my time to think about it...But as I said before, these 2 doctors that I have met are among the respected ones and currently both come equal in everything and that's the problem actually because it's now difficult to decide...

    Good luck to you too!

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    It's worth pointing out that Dr Rahal carries out consultations in Toronto.

    As for the estimates, they might differ but not by that much really. It's possible that with stretching exercises your scalp laxity could increase allowing a surgeon to extract more grafts.
    Thank you mattj for your reply!

    As I can see you are Dr. Rahal's representative, therefore I'd like to ask whether he is currently in Toronto or not? I'd really appreciate if I can have a consultation here in Toronto.

    And you mentioned scalp stretching exercises...One of the doctors that I met briefly said a little about it but not completely.
    Can you please explain and tell me if it's possible to do the exercises by myself? Any specific source on the internet? Although, I will look for it...

    Thanks in advance!

  6. #6
    Doctor Representative mattj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    Dr Rahal isn't in Toronto right now. How long are you staying in Canada?

    As for scalp exercises, I usually don't like to just say "google it", but there are some great instructional videos available online. Yes, it's something you can do yourself.
    I am a representative and patient advisor for Dr Rahal. All opinions are my own.

    Dr. Rahal's website.

    To contact me: matt@rahalhairtransplant.com

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    Dr Rahal isn't in Toronto right now. How long are you staying in Canada?

    As for scalp exercises, I usually don't like to just say "google it", but there are some great instructional videos available online. Yes, it's something you can do yourself.
    Currently my return date is Aug 22

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-29-2013, 04:54 PM
  2. Any one here from Toronto?
    By Topview in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 04:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Should I throw in the towel?
Today 08:23 AM
Last Post By 24goingon80
Today 08:23 AM
How to get Spencer's opinion
Today 07:03 AM
by Karlton
Last Post By PayDay
Today 08:19 AM
Replicel's update 23 October 2014
Today 06:02 AM
Last Post By rambo007
Today 07:15 AM
womens' thoughts on hair loss regarding attraction
03-12-2010 10:40 AM
by mlally
Last Post By baldozer
Today 06:37 AM
3800 grafts....8 months....slow growth
10-22-2014 07:34 PM
Last Post By garageland
Today 06:36 AM