Is it normal to shed a few grafts around the...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • strong
    • Mar 2009

Is it normal to shed a few grafts around the...

Hi, I read many of times that one starts to shed starting 2 week post op but Is it normal to shed a few graft around the 9th to 10 th day post op?As my recipient clears itself from scab and crust everything is more visible.tonight after I showered I noticed a few gaps on my hairline that weren't visible before so I'm guessing I sheded those few grafts. Hopefully it will grow back.
  • strong
    • Mar 2009

I would like to here some opinions about the safe shed time post- op. Thanks

Comment

• gillenator
      • Dec 2008

Hi Strong,

You'll be fine. Many of the hair shafts inside your grafts will come out with the crusts. That's the empty spots where you notice something missing on your hairline. But your okay and in the next three months you will see new hair sprouting! That will be very cool for you to see. The toughest part is waiting but it will come.
      "Gillenator"
      Independent Patient Advocate
      more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• strong
        • Mar 2009

Thanks for the reply. Yea waiting is a bit tough but I dont mind as long as I get good results.

Comment

• gillenator
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by strong
          Thanks for the reply. Yea waiting is a bit tough but I dont mind as long as I get good results.
          You are welcome strong and keep us in the loop with your progress!
          "Gillenator"
          Independent Patient Advocate
          more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• strong
            • Mar 2009

I will gillenator

Comment

• Spex
              Dr Representative
              • Nov 2008

100% normal - be patient mate as its a long old journey!
              Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
                IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
                • Nov 2008

I have seen shedding as early as 5-7 days post-op. What you are experiencing is quite common. You will probably continue to shed the transplanted hairs for the next couple weeks. I do not know how much hair you had in the transplanted area prior to your procedure, but you can have shedding of the native hairs also during the first month post-op. Be patient and remember the first 3 months after surgery are the most difficult. This is because either nothing happens or you take a small step backwards (shock) before you take a large step forward.
                Dr. Glenn Charles
                Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
                View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...