X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinny
    • Aug 2010

Whey Protein

Hi there,
    I recently had read an article on the web about the disadvantage Whey Protein Isolate which has an effect on hair loss. This article was posted by Dr Shapiro. http://www.drshapiroshairinstitute.c...final_2010.pdf . What seems fishy is that the Doctor is selling his own whey protein product called "Dr Shapiro's Help Hair Shake" . Please can someone advise me if it safe to take whey protein isolate cause i use it 3 times a day because i do intense training.

Help Much Appreciated.
  • KeepTheHair
    • Mar 2010

It's safe.

Comment

• Spex
      Dr Representative
      • Nov 2008

Yep - your good
      Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
        • Jan 2011

I've been using whey protein for a month and haven't noticed any hair loss. Fin and Kirkland 5% min have been holding up my hair pretty good.

Comment

• wannamyhairback
          • Aug 2016

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
          I've been using whey protein for a month and haven't noticed any hair loss. Fin and Kirkland 5% min have been holding up my hair pretty good.
          how is everything now? do you still think that whey and finasteride helped you to keep your hair? is it safe to use whey? i guess if you use it without inhibiting 5 alpha it might increase hair loss but if you use it in conjunction with fin its better

Comment

• Davidwilliams
            • Jul 2017

Yes, it is safe and you can take it without any doubt.

Comment

• Addendum
              • May 2019

What biological or chemical action is whey protein supposed to have on hair to make it fall out—assuming it does indeed make hair fall out? Does it increase DHT, for instance?

And can it make transplanted hair fall out?

Comment

Working...