Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dutch_Dude
    • Jul 2010

Future treatments overview

So I thought it may be a good idea to put all the future treatments that we can realistically expect to change our lives dramatically for the better on this thread in the form of an overview with a short explanation stating the name of the treatment, what it does, what results we can expect and when it's supposed to hit the markets. Unfortunately, I can't keep track of them all..replicel, CB, RU, Aderans, etc...
  • clarence
    • Sep 2012

Haven't we got enough of these threads, already????

Comment

• kissmyscalp
      • Dec 2013

future treatments that we can realistically expect to change our lives dramatically for the better
      Here is the list:

Comment

• hellouser
        • May 2012

Originally posted by kissmyscalp
        Here is the list:

That's pretty accurate.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by kissmyscalp
          Here is the list:

Dude, where's the list?....oh wait.

Comment

• burtandernie
            • Nov 2012

Actually for the next year that list is pretty accurate. Think about how long a year is I mean really that is whole lot of days in the same situation you are in now or probably even a little worse I guess.

Comment

• kobefan234
              • Nov 2013

Valproic acid (VPA), a widely used anticonvulsant, inhibits glycogen synthase kinase 3beta and activates the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway, which is associated with hair growth cycle and anagen induction. To assess the efficacy of topical VPA for treating androgenetic alopecia (AGA), we performed a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial.

Male patients with moderate AGA underwent treatment with either VPA (sodium valproate, 8.3%) or placebo spray for 24 weeks. The primary end-point for efficacy was the change in hair count during treatment, which was assessed by phototrichogram analysis. Of the 40 patients enrolled in the study, 27 (n = 15, VPA group; n = 12, placebo group) completed the entire protocol with good compliance. No statistical differences in age, hair loss duration and total hair count at baseline were found between the groups.

The mean change in total hair count was significantly higher in the VPA group than in the placebo group (P = 0.047). Both groups experienced mostly mild and self-limited adverse events, but their differences in prevalence rates were similar between the two groups (P = 0.72). A subject treated with topical VPA developed ventricular tachycardia, but it did not seem to be related to the VPA spray. Topical VPA increased the total hair counts of our patients; therefore, it is a potential treatment option for AGA

Comment

• rdawg
                • Jun 2012

We essentially need a sticky thread with each most commonly talked about product(RU, CB, Histogen, future Stem Cell projects, Replicel etc) and the most recent update about each one. I.e Histogen's latest announcement+current status etc. That way people can have the information right away but me and many others have been suggesting this for a while.

Comment

• Kudu
                  • Nov 2013

Originally posted by rdawg
                  We essentially need a sticky thread with each most commonly talked about product(RU, CB, Histogen, future Stem Cell projects, Replicel etc) and the most recent update about each one. I.e Histogen's latest announcement+current status etc. That way people can have the information right away but me and many others have been suggesting this for a while.
                  If I'm not mistaken, you made a really good thread on potential treatments a long time ago. It really helped me out when I started lurking on the forums.

Comment

• baldozer
                    • Oct 2012

I would like to see more good beard/body-hair to head transplants. That seems like the only solution possible now that can give you nearly a full head of hair. A beard hair can give you 4 times more coverage than scalp hair, and if your hair is coarse, its not much difference in texture from your beard hair. For example, if you do such procedure on a black man, you wouldn't be able to differentiate between the scalp and beard hairs.

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by baldozer
                      I would like to see more good beard/body-hair to head transplants. That seems like the only solution possible now that can give you nearly a full head of hair. A beard hair can give you 4 times more coverage than scalp hair, and if your hair is coarse, its not much difference in texture from your beard hair. For example, if you do such procedure on a black man, you wouldn't be able to differentiate between the scalp and beard hairs.
                      Yield rates have been very poor with body hair transplants. Pilofocus *should* alleviate the problems which is why I've mentioned BHT with Pilofocus on a number of occasions.

But... BHT is ridiculously expensive as well.

Comment

• rdawg
                        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Kudu
                        If I'm not mistaken, you made a really good thread on potential treatments a long time ago. It really helped me out when I started lurking on the forums.
                        yea that was me! I made one every 6 months, just been too busy lately to make a new one!

Comment

• beetee
                          • Nov 2013

Things are seeming a little flat these days. Think we could use a significant new finding to lift our spirits. Takes something bigger each time though...think we need something more than finding out what may be causing or contributing to mpb and more along the lines of discoveries contributing to potential treatment options.

Comment

• hellouser
                            • May 2012

Originally posted by beetee
                            Things are seeming a little flat these days. Think we could use a significant new finding to lift our spirits. Takes something bigger each time though...think we need something more than finding out what may be causing or contributing to mpb and more along the lines of discoveries contributing to potential treatment options.
                            VERY EXCITING NEWS Hey guys, the abstract titles for this year's Hair congress just got announced and some of these talks look absolutely ground breaking. Here's the TOP SIX presentations that I picked out which show 6 different research teams cracking the DP culturing problems, while another team has found what makes the DP

Hi Guys, The scientists @ Nanfang Hospital of Southern Medical University in China just published this article. They confirmed that the expression of several genes and proteins associated with hair follicle inductivity of DP cells, such as NCAM, Versican and α-SMA were maintained using this 3D Matrigel Culturing Method.

That should lift your spirits significantly. In a nutshell it should mean its GAME OVER for hair loss!

Comment

• beetee
                              • Nov 2013

Thanks for the links. Yes, it looks like there is a lot of good work being done, and I very firmly believe that the more work is getting done the more additional efforts (and most importantly, money!) gets attracted to the issue. To be honest, most pharma companies abandoned MPB a long time ago, as there was nothing for them to think they could be close to getting it solved (and thereby becoming the most profitable company in the world, and no, I don't think I'm exaggerating). They're all about low risk (meaning less expensive) and high reward, so they have no interest in just shooting in the dark. But the closer it gets, the more specific targets they have to focus on, the more companies think they may be able to swoop in and solve that final few stages of the puzzle. Whether it will happen or not, I don't know, but as far as the drug companies are concerned, if it look potentially doable, they'll be interested and willing to invest time and money, at least for a while.

Comment

Working...