Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greatjob!
    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by koolx
    I hate saying this, but its very possible that the makers of Histogen got bribed by the big med companies or by the HT mafia to never release it. We're talking potentially billions of dollars in profit that can make a company rich and bankrupt others including the HT industry. With this much power and profit at stake, the chances of this happening should not be underestimated. We've seen historic imprints of proof of what happens when big business profits are threatened by a new company showing off its new product. Case in point; what the auto industry did to the Tucker car company.
    Please remove your tin foil hat before you post...

Comment

• greatjob!
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by nasazl1
      You bring up an interesting point and now why I am stuck on this board. If Histogen comes out and can give more hair + HT = reasonable amount of hair. Then do you go for it or if Lin from Taiwan says his cloning might be out in 2 years THEN do you wait on doing Histogen and HT or do it immediately? Since Taiwan 2 years could turn into, one more year, then one more year, then one more year and you wasted 5 years.

We have two problems we hopefully soon face. Do we do the first thing that comes out or wait for something better. Believe me, I do not want to wait one second more but also do not want to make a bad choice due to impatience.
      Neither of those two treatments are coming out in two years

Comment

• Breaking Bald
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Sparky4444
        ...so if Histogen is basically toast, why is this thread still alive?? Did I miss something here??
        Who said they were 'toast'? It's just speculation as always! We don't know what they are up too.

Comment

• Pentarou
          • Apr 2013

For the time being, I'd say it was safer to describe Histogen dormant rather than dead.

Comment

• koolx
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by fred970
            ^ Nonsense.

Spencer explained so many times why a breakthrough like Histogen's would be very positive for the hair transplant industry.
            When he said "HT industry," he meant it would enhance HTs. Meaning its patients, not HT clinics themselves. Histogen has the potenital of diverting hair loss patients from clinics to using the product especially when its shown that it's able to successfully give back the same amount of hair that clinics do. Therefore, HT clinics will find it difficult to compete with the product.

Comment

• garethbale
              • Apr 2012

When he said "HT industry," he meant it would enhance HTs. Meaning its patients, not HT clinics themselves. Histogen has the potenital of diverting hair loss patients from clinics to using the product especially when its shown that it's able to successfully give back the same amount of hair that clinics do. Therefore, HT clinics will find it difficult to compete with the product.
              I'm pretty sure Histogen will be like a stronger version of minox. It will thicken up thinning areas but won't grow hair where there is no hair.

I think it will complement HTs...from my own perspective; I have been told I am a good HT candidate, my hair recession is slow and crown in strong. I should be straight in the HT chair but the element of doubt about what the future will bring is stopping me. I guarantee that if Histogen (or womever) release a project which can halt my hair loss, I would feel much more comfortable undergoing surgery.

Comment

• hellouser
                • May 2012

Wrong.

I myself do NOT want to use find, minox or any experimental like RU or CB. If Histogen were to work, I'd couple it with an HT and have much better results than HT.

Both products can coexist... minox and fin do. Do you really think balding men will just go for ONE type of treatment knowing that more can be done to improve and maintain?

Comment

• hgs1989
                  • Mar 2014

go to ziering medical facebook page

Originally posted by Scientalk56
                  Hi ,

I am new to the forum. been looking on stuff for a while here but never took time to register or reply.but this post is weird to me. I went to ziering medical facebook page and went to recent posts by others where people write on a Liked page this post doesn't exist. there is even a post that goes back to november, 2013 (before January,2014 ). I wonder did anybody do the same before and found it ?

Comment

• HairBane
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by hgs1989
                    Hi ,

I am new to the forum. been looking on stuff for a while here but never took time to register or reply.but this post is weird to me. I went to ziering medical facebook page and went to recent posts by others where people write on a Liked page this post doesn't exist. there is even a post that goes back to november, 2013 (before January,2014 ). I wonder did anybody do the same before and found it ?
                    Can't see it. My guess would be that Histogen and Dr. Ziering got lots of emails from forum boys asking them about that comment. It wasn't a very clear message, and made it sound like HSC was still several years away from a release - it was probably written by an employee of Ziering with the intention of promoting PRP & Acell treatment. Damage control was just deleting it.

Comment

• HairBane
                      • Apr 2013

double post

Comment

• rdawg
                        • Jun 2012

actually ridiculous how this stuff could've been well into Phase III by now.

it's literally dissappeared for a year and a half

Comment

• hgs1989
                          • Mar 2014

disappeared because they had a law suit going. they don't seem to be in any other trouble now. they are aquiring companies. they are expanding. why does't spencer interview people anymore? has he tried and they refused ? the last relevant interview was like in 2012. or he could ask for us and tell us

Comment

• rdawg
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by hgs1989
                            disappeared because they had a law suit going. they don't seem to be in any other trouble now. they are aquiring companies. they are expanding. why does't spencer interview people anymore? has he tried and they refused ? the last relevant interview was like in 2012. or he could ask for us and tell us
                            They had a lawsuit in 2010.

They finished 2A end of 2012, after showing results which looked positive, they went silent for rest of 2013, until that little comment on facebook.

everyone thought they'd be almost done 2B by now, but they havent even started.

Comment

• Sparky4444
                              • Nov 2013

I am afraid that too many people are getting rich on MPB...the chances of them solving the puzzle is so low that they just hedge their bets and keep the perpetual machine going...

...sure the cure will bring billions, but the cure isn't near so those in the MPB industry will just do what they have to do to keep the dollars coming in

Comment

• hgs1989
                                • Mar 2014

Originally posted by rdawg
                                They had a lawsuit in 2010.

They finished 2A end of 2012, after showing results which looked positive, they went silent for rest of 2013, until that little comment on facebook.

everyone thought they'd be almost done 2B by now, but they havent even started.
                                they were sued before but they only won the case in late 2013. so they have been busy with the case. maybe got held up where the court blocked them from using their methods till they win the case.

Comment

Working...