Follica

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doinmyheadin
    • Nov 2010

Maybe Spencer needs to get to the bottom of this. Interview time.

Comment

• Thinning87
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by UK_
      I bloody hope so.
      It's honestly the only thing that makes sense to me. The article did state that human trials with fgf9 did not start yet, and that is consistent with what the email published here a couple days ago stated (the one from upenn).

Comment

• locke999
        • Jul 2013

If Follica really hasn't even started phase 1 yet then it will take about 10 years in order for them to get a product out.

What's the point of waiting for them when that is the timeline we are projecting for Tsuji's Lab to launch what they having going on.

I was really hoping that we could rely on Histogen in 2-3 years, then jump on Follica in 4-5 years.

Comment

• Thinning87
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by locke999
          If Follica really hasn't even started phase 1 yet then it will take about 10 years in order for them to get a product out.

What's the point of waiting for them when that is the timeline we are projecting for Tsuji's Lab to launch what they having going on.

I was really hoping that we could rely on Histogen in 2-3 years, then jump on Follica in 4-5 years.
          Follica uses previously approved compounds and a wounding protocol. Their clinical trials don't require the 3 FDA phases.

Pay attention.

Comment

• locke999
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Thinning87
            Follica uses previously approved compounds and a wounding protocol. Their clinical trials don't require the 3 FDA phases.

Pay attention.
            I hope you are right but I thought that Fgf9 was a compound they only just discovered. They would have to go through 3 phase for it, and they haven't even started phase 1 if the email is real.

Comment

• HairBane
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by locke999
              I hope you are right but I thought that Fgf9 was a compound they only just discovered. They would have to go through 3 phase for it, and they haven't even started phase 1 if the email is real.
              The FGF9 is a totally separate thing. I've heard they demonstrate follicular neogenesis in humans without using FGF9, so that will be what they're working on now.

Comment

• deuce
                • May 2013

Originally posted by doinmyheadin
                Maybe Spencer needs to get to the bottom of this. Interview time.
                Man I love Spencer, but it seems like he focuses on stupid issues lately. Like eye transplant surgery, c'mon man really? Get Ken Washenik on the phone to answer questions about what happened to Aderans. ALl he does is tell Spencer that we had substatial regrowth, and we decided to shut it down. Could not be man enough to come on air to tell us himself. I love Spencer, but it seems to me like he focuses on current treatments and not what we could do to help those that cannot take these medications. Also when does anyone think follica will make another announcement? We never hear anything from them, but maybe once every two years.

Comment

• Thinning87
                  • Dec 2012

It will be a while before we hear from them. And yeah I agree about spencer talking about things no one cares about, but at the same time things move very slow in this industry so it's not like there's a whole lot more to talk about.

The general speculation in the forums is that follica will have to restart trials under the new protocol and although it might take some time, they will probably be able to do things faster as they will be using previously approved substances.

Also, they might need a new round of financing to keep going, which would explain the need for talking to the public last June as it's clear that they do not like to give out much information in general.

The fact that they are patenting things leads me to believe they are not closing down.

Anyways, expect another two years to go by without any news unless we read they will get some additional funding. As someone said in one of the forums, the are not likely to release any results or pictures so funding news is pretty much all we can hope to find out.

Comment

• Javert
                    • Jun 2013

Originally posted by deuce
                    Man I love Spencer, but it seems like he focuses on stupid issues lately. Like eye transplant surgery, c'mon man really? Get Ken Washenik on the phone to answer questions about what happened to Aderans. ALl he does is tell Spencer that we had substatial regrowth, and we decided to shut it down. Could not be man enough to come on air to tell us himself. I love Spencer, but it seems to me like he focuses on current treatments and not what we could do to help those that cannot take these medications. Also when does anyone think follica will make another announcement? We never hear anything from them, but maybe once every two years.
                    Seriously. If I hear another story about how great Propecia is I'm going to vomit. It's known to cause seemingly incurable sexual side effects in countless men so please stop shoving it down our throats. It worked for you.. great, we get it. Talk about something else.

Comment

• UK_
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Javert
                      Seriously. If I hear another story about how great Propecia is I'm going to vomit. It's known to cause seemingly incurable sexual side effects in countless men so please stop shoving it down our throats. It worked for you.. great, we get it. Talk about something else.
                      1+

Comment

• Thinning87
                        • Dec 2012

+1

Comment

• Pentarou
                          • Apr 2013

I can't stand the praise for Propecia either. If you can tolerate it, it won't do anything for regrowth. If you're happy being NW3 or really thinned out it's fine, if you care about not looking balding it's pathetic.

Comment

• JJJJrS
                            • Apr 2012

Agreed. Everybody is aware of the persistent, long-term side-effects of finasteride. It's not necessary going to happen to every person who takes fin but it's definitely real and a possibility for some.

Prominent people in the industry like Spencer Kobren should be a lot more careful recommending a drug with that type of profile, regardless of their personal experience on it. The last thing a young person dealing with hairloss needs is persistent sexual side-effects. Anecdotally, from my years and years following the forums, the percentage of people who get side-effects from fin are much higher than what Merck lets on.

But enough about fin , this is a thread about Follica.

Comment

• hiilikeyourbeard
                              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by JJJJrS
                              Agreed. Everybody is aware of the persistent, long-term side-effects of finasteride. It's not necessary going to happen to every person who takes fin but it's definitely real and a possibility for some.

Prominent people in the industry like Spencer Kobren should be a lot more careful recommending a drug with that type of profile, regardless of their personal experience on it. The last thing a young person dealing with hairloss needs is persistent sexual side-effects. Anecdotally, from my years and years following the forums, the percentage of people who get side-effects from fin are much higher than what Merck lets on.

But enough about fin , this is a thread about Follica.

the brain fog associated with that drug I worse than any limp @&$$. poison!

I'm getting annoyed by follicas elusiveness though. wish they'd at least let us know what's going on. some people are probably considering drugs like fin because we never get any kind of update on these pipeline cures

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                                • Nov 2011

You know if Spencer or Spex have sides from propecia, I doubt they will admit it publicly as they are in the limelight.

Comment

Working...