Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thinningTooSoon
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by gainspotter
    Sounds about right. Out of curiosity what is the clinic called?
    I've been googling dermarolling lots lately but have never come across that link.
    Diane Nivern Clinic

Comment

• brunobald
      • Jul 2013

Some more recent Follica articles in French I think.

Comment

• Vox
        • Jan 2013

Essentially they repeat what we already know here. There are just two details in the first article worth mentioning.

(1) They say that Follica is already conducting phase II trials on humans with success: newly generated follicles with their method turn into hair, a first as they say. Was that known already? It is new to me.

(2) The article starts by saying "American researchers announced that they are very close to commercialize a treatment that would allow hair regeneration". I am wondering, is it really so (close to commercialization) or did they need a catchy title?

Comment

• Pentarou
          • Apr 2013

I'd love it if the conspiracy theory turns out to be true that Aderans packed it in because they discovered that Follica would beat them to the market with a better/more permanent procedure. If only, eh lads?

Comment

• greatjob!
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Pentarou
            I'd love it if the conspiracy theory turns out to be true that Aderans packed it in because they discovered that Follica would beat them to the market with a better/more permanent procedure. If only, eh lads?
            I would be sooooo happy!!!

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
              • Mar 2013

is here any investor big economic guy to know info from the inside to confirm our hopes?
              because if cotsarelis outperforms aderans and histogen and all then who cares

Comment

• greatjob!
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
                is here any investor big economic guy to know info from the inside to confirm our hopes?
                because if cotsarelis outperforms aderans and histogen and all then who cares
                I'm pretty sure both companies are privately funded, so the only people who would have any info like this would be large capital investors who would be under nondisclosure agreements and would be idiots for leaking info about either company.

Comment

• hellouser
                  • May 2012

Definitely very much a possibility. No point in releasing a product, spending more time, resources, funding, etc. to know your product is going to get obliterated.

Comment

• UK_
                    • Feb 2011

Horses mouth

Originally posted by Vox
                    Essentially they repeat what we already know here. There are just two details in the first article worth mentioning.

(1) They say that Follica is already conducting phase II trials on humans with success: newly generated follicles with their method turn into hair, a first as they say. Was that known already? It is new to me.

(2) The article starts by saying "American researchers announced that they are very close to commercialize a treatment that would allow hair regeneration". I am wondering, is it really so (close to commercialization) or did they need a catchy title?
                    The day these comments come from Follica directly I will believe them, until then, I will never believe journalists because they are just bullshitters.

Comment

• HairBane
                      • Apr 2013

Ooh, I like that.

Comment

• Pentarou
                        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by HairBane
                        Ooh, I like that.
                        Purely baseless speculation on my part there, and probably a 'too good to be true' outcome in reality, but if events transpire that way... a whole lot of things that happened over the last year or so would suddenly make sense.

Comment

• Thinning87
                          • Dec 2012

Keep emotions in check guys, stay cautiously optimistic.

Comment

• BoSox
                            • Jun 2010

I agree.. stay cautiously optimistic. I'll believe it when I can comb it.

Comment

• mnhair
                              • Sep 2013

between this and niagam/mwamba, there's some genuine hope for the near future, maybe not next year, but 2-3

Comment

• HairBane
                                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by mnhair
                                between this and niagam/mwamba, there's some genuine hope for the near future, maybe not next year, but 2-3
                                Yeah, it seems like circa 2015-2016 there'll be some new things coming to fruition, particularly in Asia, but possibly even in the USA with follica and donor doubling.

I think the first generations of these treatments will be far from perfect though, and won't take a Norwood 7 to a Norwood 1 and look totally normal. I would expect later iterations to be capable of that though.

It's great if you're less than Norwood 3 right now and on fin, these treatments could get you a juvenile hairline and fill in any gaps without look weird at all.

Comment

Working...