I'm a bodybuilder. It's ok to use steroids after a HT?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arturmeireles
    • Mar 2013

I'm a bodybuilder. It's ok to use steroids after a HT?

Im on the second week after my HT and I was wondering if I use steroids would affect the grow of the transplanted hair? Thanks
  • fred970
    • Nov 2009

I don't think it's a good idea unless you are strongly willing to jeopardize your results.

Comment

• Delphi
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by arturmeireles
      Im on the second week after my HT and I was wondering if I use steroids would affect the grow of the transplanted hair? Thanks
      It's hard to say. In theory if the transplanted grafts are resistant to DHT, then it should not make much of a difference, but if the roids somehow interfere with the natural healing process you could be screwed.

Comment

• arturmeireles
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Delphi
        It's hard to say. In theory if the transplanted grafts are resistant to DHT, then it should not make much of a difference, but if the roids somehow interfere with the natural healing process you could be screwed.
        The steroids wont affect the healing process.

Comment

• topcat
          • May 2009

Why do you need steroids?

Comment

• arturmeireles
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by topcat
            Why do you need steroids?
            If you read the title of my thread you would know why I use steroids.

Comment

• topcat
              • May 2009

Yes I see I should have been more specific. I was curious if this is something you do professionally and are paid or on the amateur level with aspirations of making a living at it? Just curiosity on my part and please do not feel obligated to answer.

Comment

• DAVE52
                • Sep 2010

If you read the title of my thread you would know why I use steroids.
                It just says " Im a body builder " .doesn't say why you need steroids .

Comment

• Proper
                  • Mar 2013

Because he doesn't wanna lose his gains!!! I understand that feeling completely. I started taking bcaas and even though they don't do much for me, I'll never workout without it again. I feel lost without it. I'd like to think its keeping me mean, lean, and a killing machine! Its about looking **** as **** in public.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                    Doctor Representative
                    • Aug 2012

It's my understanding that steroid use is illegal throughout the US. Not sure where other countries stand:

"Are steroids considered illegal in every state?
                    Yes. The Anabolic Steroids Control Act of 1990 became law on November 29, 1990, when former President Bush signed the Omnibus Crime Control Bill. The law applies in every Federal court across the country. It places steroids in the same legal class –schedule III- as barbiturates, LSD precursors, and veterinary tranquilizers like Ketamine and narcotic painkillers such as Vicodin.

Does it matter how much you are caught with?
                    Yes. In both state and federal courts, punishment is driven by quantity. In Texas, for example, possession over 400 grams has a possible range of imprisonment of 5 to life. The amounts are counted in units with one pill, capsule, or tablet equaling 1 unit while 0.5 grams of liquid is also equaling 1 unit.

Are steroids classified the same as illegal drugs such as cocaine, ecstasy, LSD, pot, etc.?
                    All illegal drugs are classed according to legislation, but steroids are prosecuted just like “harder” drugs and can carry very serious punishments.

Are federal laws different from state laws?
                    Punishments vary in severity on a state to state basis, for example, in Connecticut it’s considered a misdemeanor with a maximum sentence of up to one year in jail unless near a school, could be additional imprisonment.

In Arizona however, it’s a felony charge but under a new law some offenders if eligible can get probation with drug treatment instead of prison time.

Louisiana carries a possible prison term with hard labor for a first offense personal possession charge.

In Florida and Georgia, the simple possession of any amount is a felony with a sentence of up to 5 years imprisonment."

Unfortunately, America has the largest prison population per capita of any country in the world with the possible exception of North Korea. There is a reason for that. Part of the reason is, fines are a huge source of revenue for municipalities. Sad but true. Two major privatized prison corporations in the US have stock available for purchase. They also have lobbyists who push for stiffer sentences for lesser crimes. These privatized prison corporations make more money when their incarceration numbers are up.

Look it up, it's true. One has to be very careful today not to break any laws.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
                    Cole Hair Transplant
                    1045 Powers Place
                    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
                    Phone 678-566-1011
                    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
                    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• gillenator
                      • Dec 2008

Wow, that was some incredible information Chuck.

Wonder if any of the MLB players that were recently suspended had this knowledge. Maybe, but the temptation to excel at any cost seems to permeate every corner of our society.

DHT is a metabolite of testosterone so hard to say if the increased level of testosterone has a corresponding increase of DHT in the body.

I think there's been several threads on this issue in the past.
                      "Gillenator"
                      Independent Patient Advocate
                      more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• fred970
                        • Nov 2009

It confirms what I've always suspected. There is no such thing as natural bodybuilding.

Comment

• gillenator
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by fred970
                          It confirms what I've always suspected. There is no such thing as natural bodybuilding.
                          Oh, I think topcat still is into bodybuilding and he does not use steroids. But I don't think he does it on a professional level not that I am speaking for him.

I never used them either but I was not into competing. I did use creatine in my protein drinks for awhile when I was bulking up. But something inside my head told me not to continue, probably just common sense.
                          "Gillenator"
                          Independent Patient Advocate
                          more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• topcat
                            • May 2009

Bodybuilding...........LOL...........are you kidding me.........no offense to the original poster. I’m actually into health and nutrition but as far a training I have competed in powerlifting and martial arts. Most of my training is martial arts.

Yes I wanted to be a bodybuilder when I was 13 until I found out it was all fake at about 17. No offense but it is kind of a strange sport if you want to call it a sport. What I do like about it though is that it requires discipline and I do respect that aspect. What I like to tell people about exercise is develop discipline first if you don’t have it. Learn to do something everyday day in and day out without missing a beat and learn to do things now. If you don’t have these 2 traits you will quickly fail at an exercise program and changing dietary habits.

Why someone would purposely mess with their endocrine system and risk cancer or some other disease while they watch their balls shrivel up is beyond me but hey we all like what we like.

We all have taken risks in life and some of us have dodged the bullet while others have not. When it comes to health most that have taken huge risks usually regret it. Look at a guy like Tommy Morrison dead at 44 so much potential all lost because of taking too much risk. Sometimes it helps to have that old guy tell you listen don’t do this and here is why............but not everyone is going to listen.

Comment

• mpb47
                              • Apr 2012

I did not realize how much in demand this stuff was until about a year ago when my dr put me on topical testosterone. The pharmacy was always giving me the 3rd degree, show id, sign something. Once they even overrode my dr's rx and said he was not allowed to give me 5 refills. I asked a friend who has been on it for years what the big deal was. Well he is on the shot form of T and told me how his son in law broke into his house and stole it because he was a body builder (and a criminal ).

But these guys also take even stronger forms of it- not just regular T and it's crazy to do so without a dr's care- forget the legalities. I am on the weakest form of it yet they have to screen me every 6 months to check for prostate growth/cancer and a host of other side effects. The warning label is literally several pages long. Oh and the funny thing is mpb is considered a normal and expected side effect.... that's one thing the drug company is not worried about.

Comment

Working...