Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Hair Loss Treatments > Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #11
Westonci
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
What has FGf9 in it? where do you get this?

isn't it also an issue that you'd have to damage that area of the skin to cause new follicles? just taking FGF9 may not doing anything!
This article kind of explains what Fgf9 is and its function.

http://www.dnaindia.com/health/18429...after-wounding
Westonci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #12
The Alchemist
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
What has FGf9 in it? where do you get this?

isn't it also an issue that you'd have to damage that area of the skin to cause new follicles? just taking FGF9 may not doing anything!
I meant they need to find drugs that stimulate Fgf9 - the links to Cot's paper has the info.

And you do have to damage the tissue, however, based on the do it yourself experiments that were going on back when Follica was going at it with the lithium approach, it's not hard to do. I do believe some guys were getting a little growth with wounding - they were, believe it or not, lightly sandpapering areas of their noggin and applying lithium gel or whatever.
The Alchemist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #13
Westonci
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
I meant they need to find drugs that stimulate Fgf9.

And you do have to damage the tissue, however, based on the do it yourself experiments that were going on back when Follica was going at it with the lithium approach, it's not hard to do. I do believe some guys were getting a little growth with wounding - they were, believe it or not, lightly sandpapering areas of their noggin and applying lithium gel or whatever.
certainly only with wounding. It appears that fgf9 takes advantage of a small time window in which skin cells are in a healing stage, which closely resembles an embryonic stage and triggers the skin cells to form new follicles during that period.

In other words treatment with fgf9 is timed with the wounding phase.
Westonci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #14
TravisB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 167
Default

Huh, so Follica isn't dead afterall?

Good.

But as always, most likely nothing will come from it (at least not in the next 10 years)
TravisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #15
The Alchemist
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westonci View Post
certainly only with wounding. It appears that fgf9 takes advantage of a small time window in which skin cells are in a healing stage, which closely resembles an embryonic stage and triggers the skin cells to form new follicles during that period.

In other words treatment with fgf9 is timed with the wounding phase.
Yes!
The Alchemist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #16
oppenheimer82
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisB View Post
Huh, so Follica isn't dead afterall?

Good.

But as always, most likely nothing will come from it (at least not in the next 10 years)
buy fgf9, needles, syringes, alcohol pads and a dermaroller, to create the wounds. no need to wait 10 years, hahahaha.
oppenheimer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #17
rdawg
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppenheimer82 View Post
buy fgf9, needles, syringes, alcohol pads and a dermaroller, to create the wounds. no need to wait 10 years, hahahaha.
obviously just talking theory here, wouldn't a dermaroller be good enough? then simply applying the fgf9 stimulating drug on top of the wound?

this stuff sounds solid in theory, see if it actually works, any volunteers?

also any chemists, pharmacists, dr's etc. that know the potential danger of injecting this stuff?
rdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #18
TravisB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
obviously just talking theory here, wouldn't a dermaroller be good enough? then simply applying the fgf9 stimulating drug on top of the wound?

this stuff sounds solid in theory, see if it actually works, any volunteers?
Lol, that's actually a good idea

But where the hell can we buy fgf9?
TravisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #19
Thinning87
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisB View Post
Huh, so Follica isn't dead afterall?

Good.

But as always, most likely nothing will come from it (at least not in the next 10 years)
right on man very useful input
Thinning87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #20
JulioGP
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 244
Default

The only problem is that everything is tested in rats for some reason never reaches the final stage, humans.

Anyway, fingers crossed.
JulioGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cotsarelis - "Cure in two years." Westonci Hair Loss Treatments 12 12-17-2013 03:59 PM
Dr. Cotsarelis breakthrough Discovery (June 2nd, 2013) Westonci Cutting Edge / Future Treatments 23 06-03-2013 05:16 PM
2013: nothing is still coming to cure baldness... shame elgorvanelsinki Cutting Edge / Future Treatments 3 04-30-2013 04:36 PM
Possible cure for baldness? Flowers Cutting Edge / Future Treatments 5 06-04-2011 09:55 AM

» The Bald Truth
» Recent Threads
Funding Desmond to go to WCHR 2014
Yesterday 08:05 PM
by Arashi
Last post by efedrez
Today 05:07 PM
UK FUT with D Krishnan Ziering
01-05-2014 09:14 AM
Last post by Scraff
Today 03:31 PM
Pre & Post Surgery Exercise
04-19-2014 07:17 AM
by Scraff
Last post by Scraff
Today 03:29 PM
» Newest Videos

Update On Hairloss 8/10/09...
My hair loss was getting worse, so I just got it cut really short now. I don't think it looks that b...


Hair Loss Remedy Myths Perpetuated Onlin...
We are sure these people mean well, but this is a prime example of why the snake oil industry thrive...


Hair Transplant | "SurgeonofNalts&q...
http://www.baldtruthtalk.comFounder of The American Hair Loss Association Spencer Kobren speaks with...


How Hair Loss Colors Our Lives | Spencer...
...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:08 PM.