Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Le Bald
    • Jan 2013

PRP - anyone had this procedure?

I am thinking about getting this procedure at this Melbourne surgery...but it looks a bit 'snake oil' to me.....

Has anyone had this procedure? Were there good results? I am concerned about the lack of peer reviewed evidence to support this type of procedure....
  • ryan555
    • Oct 2010

I've had multiple PRP sessions. Most guys here will tell you they are worthless but I think they help with shedding and retention of current hair. They definitely improve the quality of existing hair. It certainly does not work as well as finasteride, but it's not a zero.

Comment

• Le Bald
      • Jan 2013

Thanks Ryan.

My background is that I got side effects with finasteride - so besides rogaine, obviously the choices start to dwindle

Do u know if Spencer has commented on this treatment?

Comment

• ryan555
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Le Bald
        Thanks Ryan.

My background is that I got side effects with finasteride - so besides rogaine, obviously the choices start to dwindle

Do u know if Spencer has commented on this treatment?
        I'm not sure if Spencer has commented because I've never heard his show, but I'd imagine he'd be skeptical like most on this forum. Everyone seems to crap on every treatment that doesn't regrow all their hair, but for those who cannot take meds, I would think a little help is better than nothing. Like I said, this is no miracle cure (and it is expensive), but it does seem to improve hair quality and reduce shedding.

Comment

• Artista
          • Apr 2010

Hey there Le Bald,, you might want to converse with a friend of mine here at BTT -- 'PinotQ'
          He has plenty of experience with the use of PRP ..and he has progressed since then....his experience was/is very POSITIVE.

Comment

Working...