Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community  

Go Back   Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community > Men's Hair Loss > Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2012, 01:56 AM   #1
tizzle

Default The effect of not washing your hair on MPB

Hey there

Its strange, the longer i do not wash my hair, the thicker it looks. By not washing my hair i mean not shampooing. I do let the water run over my head when im in the shower (Everyday). I use toppik and hairspray to style and cover my thinning hair.

it really looks better when i dont shampoo but i dont want this routine to be more harmful then helpful.

My question now is: is it possible to lose more hair if i dont shampoo? i guess there will be hairspray and skin oil that is not coming out by the water alone. It shouldnt have any effect on MBP right?
tizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:48 AM   #2
whyohwhy

Hey tizzle, its better not to wash your hair, let the natural oils and what not build up, there supposed to be there to protect the scalp...although it wont stop the rate at which they fall out if the cause is DHT....however generic shampoos have alot of chemicals in them which dry out the hair and scalp...
whyohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:36 AM   #3
tizzle

thx for your response

the only thing that worries me though, is that i once read that a sebum build-up can cause hair loss too. (Alopecia seborrhoica its called on wikipedia (German Wikipedia))
tizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:44 AM   #4
whyohwhy

In the end it doesnt really matter if you dont wash your hair or not...there are extremely unhealthy people out there that smoke, drink take drugs and still have heads of hair...if its in your genes basically your ****ed either way...im trying to accept it for myself and i am only just 21...considering taking fin or prop...i dont know just yet...
whyohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
PatientlyWaiting

My hair looks thicker after I don't wash it at all, I mean not even water.
PatientlyWaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #6
sausage

Since I started balding I have had to wash my hair everyday, it gets too greasy, the sebum build up in the morning is ridiculous so I have to wash it.

I am guessing you don't get this?
sausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #7
Smiley

I find my hair looks thicker if I don't wash it as well, and more manageable. If you look at homeless men on the street, rarely will you see them with MPB. Maybe there is something there?
Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #8
john2399

this is so dumb. Not washing your hair is just denial that you think this will help keep your hair. The hair you don't wash will eventually come out and it's not good to keep your hair dirty because the pores need to breathe. Who ever dosen't wash their hair becuase it looks better is in serious denial.
john2399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #9
sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
I find my hair looks thicker if I don't wash it as well, and more manageable. If you look at homeless men on the street, rarely will you see them with MPB. Maybe there is something there?
Yes lets all try to look like homeless men.
sausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #10
Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by sausage View Post
Yes lets all try to look like homeless men.
Just the hair man, just the hair.
Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote