• Show
Clear All
  • KeepHoping
    • Dec 2010

Hair STEMulating Complex!?

What is this all about!?

• ALLISWELL
    • Feb 2011

Like all other snake oils this also claims to stop hair loss and induce new hair growth. Not much information (even ingredients) results, proofs etc.. nothing is provided.

BUT STILL MY FINGERS ARE CROSSED!!

Comment

• ALLISWELL
      • Feb 2011

Comment

• KeepHoping
        • Dec 2010

I agree, seems sketchy but the guy who runs the company has excellent credentials.

Comment

• Thinning@30
          • Mar 2010

I actually started a thread about this about two weeks ago under cutting edge/future treatments. I don't have any more information than you guys, but I too would like to know about this one. It doesn't seem to be set up like the typical hair loss scam. The company sells other products, and the principals have solid scientific credentials. That may not mean anything, but just saying. Of course the lack of photographic evidence in the form of before and after pictures is concerning.

If anyone knows for sure that this is a snake oil, please explain.

Comment

• KeepHoping
            • Dec 2010

Thanks for the response man, I didn't see your post earlier, I'm very tempted to try it out but there is so little information. Doesn't say how long one order would last, it does mention, it's applied twice a day and results are seen in 4-6 weeks with the thickening of present follicles and the reawakening of dormant ones, if this has any truth to it, it's a huge deal.

Comment

• KeepHoping
              • Dec 2010

Apparently there are supposed to be pictures up within the week, lets hope this is a miracle.

Comment

• UK_
                • Feb 2011

They've been around since 1997, I doubt in all that time all they've been doing is conjuring up some snake oil to unleash on their unsuspecting and naive audience, but then again, to believe this it "it" is a damn long shot.

Lets just wait it out, ive sent them an email and am yet to hear from them.

Comment

• KeepHoping
                  • Dec 2010

They emailed me back to tell me their supposed to put the pictures up by the end of the week to show some of the before and afters of the study I believe. Wouldn't a product like this have to pass through the FDA though?

Comment

• mlao
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by KeepHoping
                    They emailed me back to tell me their supposed to put the pictures up by the end of the week to show some of the before and afters of the study I believe. Wouldn't a product like this have to pass through the FDA though?
                    If its considered a cosmetic and not a drug it does not go thru the same approval procedure.

Comment

• UK_
                      • Feb 2011

That's what they claim they've been doing all these years, clinical trials since 1997, which in all fairness is a decade before Histogen, BRS also have a VERY similar procedure to Histogen, I doubt on any grounds they would have known about Histogen in 1997, being as though Histogen started up in 2007 (I think). So who is copying who? Because they both look very similar apart from the WNT7A use Histogen adopts, BRS use a very similar procedure of extracting growth factors from stem cells under certain conditions.

Having said that, I am yet to hear any positive feedback from any women who have used the HairStemulating Complex, whatever happens Ill give it a shot, you can't exactly compare something like this to the real snake oil Saw Palmetto shampoos you get being sold on ebay.

A short bio of the CEO (Dr Greg Maguire):

"Dr Greg Maguire was professor of neuroscience and ophthalmology at the University of California, San Diego where he studied systems biology and stem cells in the nervous system, employing a variety of methodologies including biophysics, metabolomics, and reverse engineering. He has been instrumental in the development and approval of several drugs and routinely meets with the US FDA. Dr. Maguire is currently co-founder and CEO of BioRegenerative Sciences, Inc. in San Diego, CA USA, and president of the San Diego Neuroscience Group at the Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, CA USA."

Comment

• UK_
                        • Feb 2011

Has anyone actually tried snake oil as a treatment for hair loss?

Comment

• KeepHoping
                          • Dec 2010

I want to believe this but do you really think that a soluable product can be the answer to reverse hairloss? They claim it awakens dormant follicles as well as rejuvenating thin ones, if that's true this is the biggest product to hit the market right?

Comment

• UK_
                            • Feb 2011

I want to believe this but do you really think that a soluable product can be the answer to reverse hairloss? They claim it awakens dormant follicles as well as rejuvenating thin ones, if that's true this is the biggest product to hit the market right?
                            What about Minoxidil? Latisse? All have shown, as topical solutions to promote hair growth, there is no reason why a topical formula cannot theoretically be applied to the scalp to affect 'dormant' hair follicles.

Comment

• mlao
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by UK_
                              What about Minoxidil? Latisse? All have shown, as topical solutions to promote hair growth, there is no reason why a topical formula cannot theoretically be applied to the scalp to affect 'dormant' hair follicles.
                              I think Latisse (Bimatoprost) might be the next thing we see coming to the market. This is a new link to one of Dr. Baumans clips on YT
                              http://www.baumanmedical.com - Even before the FDA approved bimatoprost (Latisse) for eyelash growth, we knew of it's powerful effect on hair follicles. Pat...

Comment

Working...