Dr. Gabel Patient - Portland / Seattle - Beard/Mustache Transplant - 1573 grafts

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steven Gabel, MD
    • Dec 2008

Dr. Gabel Patient - Portland / Seattle - Beard/Mustache Transplant - 1573 grafts

This patient desired to have a thicker/fuller beard specifically around the goatee pattern. He also desired to have the top part of his mustache thickened. He is able to grow a beard at the cheek area, but always felt that the area around his chin was sparse.

On examination, the patient’s scalp hair was thinner then his native beard hairs, but pretty good caliber. I discussed with him preoperatively that although I would be able to transplant into that area, the hairs would not be as thick and he may require more then one transplant to thicken the area up to meet his goals.

The patient had 1573 grafts placed into the beard region centered in the chin area in the goatee pattern; he also had grafts placed in the superior portion of the mustache region. The photographs are 8 months after the procedure where the hairs have been growing for a couple months. I expect it to certainly thicken up over the next year to fill in the area. At that time, we will reevaluate the results to determine if he would need additional grafts.

• Spex
    Dr Representative
    • Nov 2008

wow!
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

Working...