Any results or good news on this dose??
  • Henkeh91
    • Apr 2013

*Edit* Remove this reply

Comment

• Desmond84
      • Oct 2012

Hey

I've been on 0.25mg TWICE A WEEK for 8 months now! Shedding has stopped now, my temples stopped thinning and thickened up a bit and my hairloss has stopped progressing! (I'm only losing 4-5 hairs when I'm in the shower or gel up my hair)

Side effects wise, I still suffer from reduced libido but what can you do?

Hope that helps brother

Comment

• WINGER
        • Feb 2013

Hey mate

Thanks for this, helped alot. My hair loss isnt exactly aggressive so I dont want to go nuts with propecia where I feel I dont have too if you get me? Is that the general hair loss shedding that stopped or the shedding from propecia? You hear so much crap on here about shedding! When did the thickening start? This is really only to tide me over because the way I see it the next 3 - 5 are going to be pretty special in regards to stopping hairloss.

Thanks again

Comment

• WINGER
          • Feb 2013

One other thing mate, what days & time?

Comment

• Desmond84
            • Oct 2012

Hey Winger

I probably lose as many hairs as my teen years, if that makes sense!

0.25mg Twice a week most definitely works, especially if your hairloss isn't aggressive. Thickening started around the 6th month and is still happening!

I take it Every Tuesday Night and Saturday morning!

Comment

• WINGER
              • Feb 2013

Hey mate

Yeah I get what you mean : ) It really bugs me because ive slowly been loising my hair since I was 18, im now 28! My temples arnt really receding they sort of go up to the top of my scalp instead of back if you get me? With a little loss at the front! Theres not one other person in my family with hair loss issues apart from my grandad who had hair right up until he was 65 but then got cancer, had mayor heart troubles and diabetes, so I aint really got much to go on!? Did have a similar hairline mind. Just waiting for this CB 03 01 stuff, sounds pretty promising : )

Comment

• WINGER
                • Feb 2013

I dont really loose many hairs anymore? Apart from 2 months after Christmas I hammered my hair with regenepure everyday an that was the biggest mistake I made, didnt do it any good! I now use pure emu oil and it has thickened up a treat : )

Comment

• hereforhelp
                  • Apr 2013

he man just viewed your post, i took propecia 1 tablet daily, for the period of around six months that i used i had very bad sheds ( around 5 times as much hair loss than without it), but on top of this my head got really itchy and very oily, the consultant said he'd never heard of this before and brushed it under the carpet, I stopped the propecia, but then went back on it a few months later as i couldnt deal with the hair loss, but agan the same issue happened, i done the same again a year later for 4 months and then gave up. After extensive research i came across the term hyperandrogenecity. Have you ever heard of this? why did you reduce your intake of propecia, and do you think maybe i should try the same as you.

Thanks alot your help will be greatly appreciated

Comment

• boricotico
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by hereforhelp
                    he man just viewed your post, i took propecia 1 tablet daily, for the period of around six months that i used i had very bad sheds ( around 5 times as much hair loss than without it), but on top of this my head got really itchy and very oily, the consultant said he'd never heard of this before and brushed it under the carpet, I stopped the propecia, but then went back on it a few months later as i couldnt deal with the hair loss, but agan the same issue happened, i done the same again a year later for 4 months and then gave up. After extensive research i came across the term hyperandrogenecity. Have you ever heard of this? why did you reduce your intake of propecia, and do you think maybe i should try the same as you.

If it helps I started to lose hair at almost 33 but so aggresively . IM 35 now. I tried it once for six months but had to stop it due to the sides. When I was on it my hair came back but as soon I was off the loss started again and very fast. Then I read the Spex method to adapt your body to the drug and gave it a try. I've been on the drug since like 3 months now and I really think I'm much better this time.

Maybe you should try it too

Comment

• WINGER
                      • Feb 2013

Des

Strange question, even though I have or am going through a shed the hairs that I haven't lost feel a lot thicker. Not sure if this is just me? Also my hairline seems to be filling in. Correct me if I am wrong but the hairs you loose during a shed were you doomed to loose anyway?

Cheers

P.S Team RepliCel

Comment

• JulioGP
                        • Feb 2013

I do not believe 0.25 or 0.5 mg per week can bring benefits, recently in my blood tests I found that these doses are myths in terms of effectiveness.

Comment

• WINGER
                          • Feb 2013

It probably depends on the person also.

Comment

• Desmond84
                            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by WINGER
                            Des

Strange question, even though I have or am going through a shed the hairs that I haven't lost feel a lot thicker. Not sure if this is just me? Also my hairline seems to be filling in. Correct me if I am wrong but the hairs you loose during a shed were you doomed to loose anyway?

Cheers

P.S Team RepliCel
                            This is what happened with my shed:

Months 0-4: Serious shedding in the NW5 pattern area (MPB zone)...especially hairline!

Months 4-7: Shedding started in the donor zone (horse shoe pattern area)...got me really scared actually!

Month 7-11: All shedding stopped...all lost hairs regrow and are much thicker!

Shedding phenomenon is very complex and I can't even fully understand its exact mechanism...what matters is:

1) Shedding is a GOOD sign - i.e. your treatment regimen is working

2) In almost all ppl - hair lost due to shedding will return and will be much thicker and healthier looking (guaranteed)

So, most important lesson is do not freak out because of a shed and cease fin! Persevere...no pain no gain

Originally posted by JulioGP
                            I do not believe 0.25 or 0.5 mg per week can bring benefits, recently in my blood tests I found that these doses are myths in terms of effectiveness.
                            Julio...continue taking it at this dose and interval and if shedding begins within the next 2-4 weeks then it is working for you! Trust me...I went through all this last year.

Ppl are always looking for the lowest effective dose with Fin and I think we have found it!

Comment

• Desmond84
                              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by hereforhelp

Hey brother

Sorry for the late reply. Here's my Finasteride story:

OK guys, heres my story. I first noticed my temples thinning around Dec 2011. I was in denial at first but things just kept getting worse. Now, being a pharmacist I knew about Finasteride but with all the horror stories going on at that point I decided I want to stay clear of it. In a panic mode, I read lots of

Feel free to ask any questions and good luck

Comment

Working...