+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 94
  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    The trials results are nothing spectacular actually they are kind of disappointing.
    Especially when we know they injected high dosage of DSC cells into the test area.
    However if they go back to the drawing board, research this some more than who knows. We will see what time brings us. I hope they succeed.
    But our knowledge of hair follicles is still too meager, there are perhaps some crucial growth factors or fillcle parts missing for this to work even better.
    Intercytex phase 1: "Although it is too early to determine fully the differences between the sub-groups, the preliminary data are encouraging. In the first sub-group 2 patients out of 5 showed substantial increases in hair count (21 & 55%) at 24 weeks. In the second sub-group (5 patients in total) injected more recently, all patients showed substantial and visible increased hair counts at 6 and/or 12 weeks (13-105%). We believe this increased hair production is attributable to the interaction between the injected DP cells and the stimulated resident hair producing cells."

    Intercytex release results that clearly beat that of Replicel - but where are they now? People are telling me Replicel have a better chance with worse results? lmfao.

  2. #62
    Member PvH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Player vs Hair
    Posts
    64

    Default

    tbt community trying to interpret and figure out the meaning of clinical results is amusing at best. how is it that the actual scientists that somewhat know what the hell they're doing doesn't disclose shit but the 'experts' on tbt talk about it as if they actually know what they're talking about? i guess it's satisfying to correct fellow idiots and feel good about themselves.

  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jman91 View Post
    MPB does not affect children.
    Unfortunately, yes it does ... (children below 18 can be and are affected)

  4. #64
    Member PvH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Player vs Hair
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DallasTreado View Post
    Unfortunately, yes it does ... (children below 18 can be and are affected)
    calling late teens children is really stretching it hahahaha but yeah some get it earlier than others.

  5. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PvH View Post
    calling late teens children is really stretching it hahahaha but yeah some get it earlier than others.
    It isnt a stretch. It is a distinction between pediatric and adult patients. For example, when propecia says it isnt for children, they mean it is not for pediatric patients (below 18)

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Regrown hair from Histogen's treatment is expected to last as long as the patients original hair lasted. So if you started balding at 20 years old, the regrown hair from Histogen's treatment could reasonably be expected to last almost 20 years.
    Hope that's the case but I'm not convinced it will be for us men anyway. I think the problem if you start the process at 20 is you've actually only been subjected to high DHT for about 6 or 7 years. So us men in that scenario presumably would only levels get 6 or 7 years before it started again. It would still be fantastic though.

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Intercytex phase 1: "Although it is too early to determine fully the differences between the sub-groups, the preliminary data are encouraging. In the first sub-group 2 patients out of 5 showed substantial increases in hair count (21 & 55%) at 24 weeks. In the second sub-group (5 patients in total) injected more recently, all patients showed substantial and visible increased hair counts at 6 and/or 12 weeks (13-105%). We believe this increased hair production is attributable to the interaction between the injected DP cells and the stimulated resident hair producing cells."

    Intercytex release results that clearly beat that of Replicel - but where are they now? People are telling me Replicel have a better chance with worse results? lmfao.
    Aderans own that intellectual property now I think. We hardly ever mention Aderans because of the Bosley connection but seems like they're going to wrap up phase 2 late this year or early next year. They're miles ahead of the chasing pack and have massive money behind them.

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Aderans own that intellectual property now I think. We hardly ever mention Aderans because of the Bosley connection but seems like they're going to wrap up phase 2 late this year or early next year. They're miles ahead of the chasing pack and have massive money behind them.
    We dont mention Aderans because:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7SwA1ENqxI

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PvH View Post
    tbt community trying to interpret and figure out the meaning of clinical results is amusing at best. how is it that the actual scientists that somewhat know what the hell they're doing doesn't disclose shit but the 'experts' on tbt talk about it as if they actually know what they're talking about? i guess it's satisfying to correct fellow idiots and feel good about themselves.
    Yes, hilarious, especially when you retrive all the old posts back from 2007 when people were talking about how the Intercytex phase 1 result is absolute proof that new hair can be grown by injecting cells into the scalp, it's like injecting the smallest cellular component of a bladder & expecting a bladder to appear on your skin.

    Also funny how even when Intercytex was opened for research again, the hair loss (DP cell) treatment wasnt even on their agenda (http://www.intercytex.com/index.php?...&id=3&Itemid=4) - - -<<<And still isnt LOL, and can anyone name me another company/scientist/researcher/investor since the closure of Intercytex that has decided to attempt the trial once again? (bar the two obvious Aderans/Replicel). You'd think people would be jumping in, especially a with market potential in the billions.

    Excuses excuses, face facts... it just doesnt work.

    P.S. Anyone holding in any results from Aderans other than the scetchy couple of pictures of a few hairs released back in 2010? Didnt think so.

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    So us men in that scenario presumably would only levels get 6 or 7 years before it started again.
    Does that help you see the importance that others are missing about being able to immunize hair follicles from the damaging effects of DHT?

Similar Threads

  1. Spencer Kobren Interviews Dr. Gary Hitzig - The Future of ACell for Hair Loss
    By tbtadmin in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 11-03-2011, 08:01 PM
  2. Spencer Kobren Speaks With Gary Hitzig, M.D. | The Latest on ACell
    By tbtadmin in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 08:14 AM
  3. Spencer Kobren Speaks With UCLA Scientist About Latest Hair Raising Discovery
    By tbtadmin in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 10:54 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 12:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Hair transplant in London
Today 08:12 AM
by Plan C
Last Post By joely
Today 09:56 AM
Chaparral Extract?
05-20-2014 05:20 AM
Last Post By playmaker10
Today 09:49 AM
Life isn't worth living if you're bald.
10-01-2014 03:26 PM
Last Post By khan99
Today 08:52 AM
Yahoo Beauty on Hair
10-08-2014 07:51 AM
Last Post By khan99
Today 08:46 AM
Replicel's update 23 October 2014
10-24-2014 07:02 AM
Last Post By joely
Today 08:26 AM