+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: 20 years old

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9

    Default 20 years old

    I have been losing hair since i was 18, and for the last week my crown area hair has reached its end. With in a week, anyone would be able to see my crown area bald, from far away. I am sick and tired of depression, and crying at nights over my hairless. At this age i should be out partying, and worrying about school not hairloss. I don't feel like going to clubs, or even see my friends for that matter. I am a very shy guy, and going bald is killing me. I spent 2000$ on light laser therapy, and that was a complete waste of money.
    Sometimes i feel like moving away from my town; somewhere i don't know anyone. I can't do that until my university ends, and my university is close to home.
    I also think that me being so young and losing hair will also affect my professional life.

    I went to a dermatologist and he told me about propecia about 1.5 years ago, but he said that it has many side effects, plus its expensive. So 6 months back i refereed to this website and went to a hair specialist listed in this website. The doctor told me not to take propecia because it also causes breast cancer, apart from all the other problems. They told me to do light laser therapy, and they gave me a laser comb with it. That costed me 2 grands. Money i am still paying to my credit card. This was an act of desperation. The fact that it dint work made me cry for days.

    I don't want to shave my head because i know my head shape is weird. I am tall and skinny, which will look it really bad. While all my friends are out partying with full hair; ill be home making excuses not to come.
    I know this is my future. I know there is no point in being jealous, but it is what it is. I am just telling you all how I'm feeling lately.
    I don't know what to do. Should i start wearing baseball caps for a while? so that at least i can get out sometimes with my buddies for drinks.
    Get a hairpiece? I don't know where to get a good hairpiece from. If anyone could tell me where to find a good one, then that would be really helpful.


    IF anyone could please help me out, and give me some kind of emotional support; it would be really helpful.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sahilsingh View Post
    I have been losing hair since i was 18, and for the last week my crown area hair has reached its end. With in a week, anyone would be able to see my crown area bald, from far away. I am sick and tired of depression, and crying at nights over my hairless. At this age i should be out partying, and worrying about school not hairloss. I don't feel like going to clubs, or even see my friends for that matter. I am a very shy guy, and going bald is killing me. I spent 2000$ on light laser therapy, and that was a complete waste of money.
    Sometimes i feel like moving away from my town; somewhere i don't know anyone. I can't do that until my university ends, and my university is close to home.
    I also think that me being so young and losing hair will also affect my professional life.

    I went to a dermatologist and he told me about propecia about 1.5 years ago, but he said that it has many side effects, plus its expensive. So 6 months back i refereed to this website and went to a hair specialist listed in this website. The doctor told me not to take propecia because it also causes breast cancer, apart from all the other problems. They told me to do light laser therapy, and they gave me a laser comb with it. That costed me 2 grands. Money i am still paying to my credit card. This was an act of desperation. The fact that it dint work made me cry for days.

    I don't want to shave my head because i know my head shape is weird. I am tall and skinny, which will look it really bad. While all my friends are out partying with full hair; ill be home making excuses not to come.
    I know this is my future. I know there is no point in being jealous, but it is what it is. I am just telling you all how I'm feeling lately.
    I don't know what to do. Should i start wearing baseball caps for a while? so that at least i can get out sometimes with my buddies for drinks.
    Get a hairpiece? I don't know where to get a good hairpiece from. If anyone could tell me where to find a good one, then that would be really helpful.


    IF anyone could please help me out, and give me some kind of emotional support; it would be really helpful.
    Feel very sorry for your bro, your story is similar to mine. Although i am a bit worse due to other conditions i must suffer other than my baldness.

    Most of what you described is what I went through however I almost done with college....and im 23 so in that regard i guess i am lucky to have made it through college with nobody noticing my baldness....and being healthy for the most part.

    However my bro, one thing many would envy you is that you are young and started balding recently. There are people whove been through this hell for 40 years with no hope whatsoever etc....

    I say this because there are many cures coming down the pipe...im sure you will benefit from them. Check ARI/REPLICEL the two most promising imo.

    Let that give you some hope my bro, excel at university no matter what, get paid so you can use these treatments.

    Wear a hat or w/e you do, try to deal with your baldness for 4/5 years until a cure comes.

    I suggest you watch the baldtruth show live...I never manage it to see it LIVE...but it will help you deal with it better ...with spencer giving you advice and latest news on hair loss treatments.


    Hang in there brutah !

    ;'(

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    211

    Default

    I agree With Maradona, Do what you have to do man. I'm going down the same road as you and at 19. But like Maradona said, there are treatments on the way so do your best in school.. kill that shit and get a good job. Stay healthy. Maybe give Rogaine and Nizoral a try, I'm doing it myself right now. And again like Maradona said, you should try to watch the bald truth whenever you can. If you can watch it live there's a chat room as well, it's a good place for advice and to vent whatever you're feeling. (Not that this isn't)

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sahilsingh View Post
    I don't know what to do.
    If you are unwilling or unable to use the medications that can treat your hair loss, you need to learn how to come to terms with losing your hair and go out and live your life to the fullest anyway. For thousands of years there was nothing that could be done about hair loss, yet many men have gone on to live a full life anyways. If you can't do that, work with what you have.

    Since you already have a laser comb, ignore the directions and start using it every other day for at leat 30 minutes each time. Start using Nizoral A-D shampoo at least once a week. If you have an obvious male hereditary hair loss pattern, start using Rogaine - and stick with it for at least a full year.

    The most important part of treating hereditary hair loss is to control DHT. Talk to other doctors about Propecia or generic Finasteride. You need more than one opinion. If you can, talk to other men (in real life, not online) who have been taking Finasteride. Make sure you understand the reality of the possible side effects. You need to be fully aware that if you are not willing to take medicine to control DHT, you are fighting a very steep uphill battle.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Im dealing with the same thing bud. Im 19, hairloss pretty much has destroyed my life. I know how you feel, you don't wanna see people you knew because of how they may react. I think what helps is to realize your not alone. The world is a big place outside of the place where you live and im dealing with the same thing you are, so don't feel alone. I think what just helps me get through it is to workout, just smile even if your not happy, and enjoy being outside on a nice sunny day. Looking in the mirror is prob the worst thing you can do because you just over think everything and it stays in your mind all day. The way i get through it is to have hope in replicel that a cure will be here shortly even if reality it may not, my mindset is that it will and trust me that hope of it being here shortly def helps to feel little better in the morning to start your day. As for going out, thats the hard part. I pretty much can't leave the house without a hat on so if you wanna go out, just put a hat on and just say to yourself only a couple more years of this and maybe i can throw all my hats away for good.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    I think what just helps me get through it is to workout, just smile even if your not happy, and enjoy being outside on a nice sunny day.
    Exercise is the best natural anti-depressant you can ask for, especially if you workout outside in the sunshine.

    I feel really good about both Replicel and Histogen. However, I continue to treat my hair loss with the proven treamtments that are available now until one or both of those new treatments becomes available.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    I feel for you mate, I really do. I've just turned 20 years old, going through the same motions. I find myself with lessened motivation to go out or even have fun, as I worry how I will be perceived by my peers.

    Definitely feels as if we're a minority, college freshman and balding. None of my friends, none seem to be dealing with hair loss. This is difficult to accept as well. Just know that you are not truly alone, even though it seems this way. The reality is there of many young men out there dealing with this affliction.

    I recommend at least trying a buzz cut out. I've done it, nothing bad can come of it, trust me. Your hair will grow back. You absolutely cannot say you will look bad with it if you haven't tried, so don't try and pull that card.

    Start working out if you haven't already. This is no longer an option, it is a necessity. Focus on bettering yourself in other ways; you are not your hair. Head on over to the Coping with Hair Loss forum if you need to vent any further.

    Stay positive mate, you're not alone in this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    I find myself with lessened motivation to go out or even have fun, as I worry how I will be perceived by my peers.
    I have seen your pictures and I just don't undertand why you feel this way. What you have going on is so minor you really have nothing to worry about. You are totally treatable and you caught it early. I know women who are worse off than you. You look fine. Totally acceptable and presentable. Get out and enjoy your life.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I have seen your pictures and I just don't undertand why you feel this way. What you have going on is so minor you really have nothing to worry about. You are totally treatable and you caught it early. I know women who are worse off than you. You look fine. Totally acceptable and presentable. Get out and enjoy your life.
    I've never posted pictures online, or anywhere. Not sure what you're referring to, Tracy.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    I am so sorry. I got you mixed up with someone else.

Similar Threads

  1. Twenty years of hair loss, twenty years of hell.
    By bawty81027 in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 03:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

baicalin, active ingredient against AGA
11-21-2014 05:21 AM
by Shinobi
Last Post By bananana
Today 11:34 AM
Two Strip Scar Repair Patients Pre-Op
Today 11:01 AM
Last Post By 35YrsAfter
Today 11:21 AM
Has anyone used Dr. Pawlinga??
01-29-2014 07:29 AM
Last Post By zeeex
Today 11:00 AM
Thank you Hellouser
Yesterday 03:24 PM
Last Post By hellouser
Today 10:48 AM