+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 229 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Banned

But right now there isnt much else to say they did test if HSC could be dangerous, and it isnt.

They saw hair still be there after two years and now they gonna for different approches after 6 weeks etc which is exactly according to plan.

I dont think that it was all happy talk, it was a realistic observation from someone at the source.

The most important thing is, its safe AND the hair stays, who knows what can be achieved with higher injections here and there. At least from the data it could hairtransplants make more sufficient with less grafts to plant.

Also the idea about Histogen in the first round to stop hairloss and grow back special parts and then go for Acell orientated hair transplant is pretty damn good.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    But right now there isnt much else to say
    My point exactly. No substantive information is not exactly something to be optimistic about.

it was a realistic observation from someone at the source
    But someone who also has a vested interest in making things seem as positive as possible.

The most important thing is, its safe AND the hair stays
    Neither of those factors has been established yet.

First of all, early stage clinical trials seek to determine whether a particular treatment manifests any immediately obvious deleterious effects serious enough to warrant discontinuation of the trials. If if doesn't, then the trials can proceed, but that milestone is very far from demonstrating that a treatment is "safe" in an overall sense. Safety is something which can only be determined with much wider trials, a much larger user base, and the passage of time (as numerous recalls of previously approved drugs have demonstrated).

Second, any trial of a treatment for regrowing hair would realistically have run at least two years (and possibly longer) just to determine whether the new hairs produced by the treatment survive an anagen/telogen cycle. Even then, you don't know for sure -- a newly produced hair might survive the first cycle, but that's no guarantee it won't, say, (akin to miniaturization) grow progressively weaker and fail to survive subsequent cycles. What the long term benefits or effects will be are something that can only be determined in the long term, and obviously none of us here is going to be able to wait a couple of lifetimes to verrify how things pan out.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Craig Ziering's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fontanajul View Post
    What an excellent interview! Thank you so much for giving me some hope. I have a few questions that maybe someone could address? It might be a little early to ask these things, but I figured I'd ask anyway. So basically, I'm curious about...

1. Has there been an estimated cost for HSC injections?
    2. Is there any way to see photo results from the first trial?

Thanks in advance,
    Max
    1. No definite price yet but the plan would be to make it affordable to the masses!

2. Close up macroscopic pictures can be seen at histogeninc.com

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    My point exactly. No substantive information is not exactly something to be optimistic about.

But someone who also has a vested interest in making things seem as positive as possible.

First of all, early stage clinical trials seek to determine whether a particular treatment manifests any immediately obvious deleterious effects serious enough to warrant discontinuation of the trials. If if doesn't, then the trials can proceed, but that milestone is very far from demonstrating that a treatment is "safe" in an overall sense. Safety is something which can only be determined with much wider trials, a much larger user base, and the passage of time (as numerous recalls of previously approved drugs have demonstrated).

Second, any trial of a treatment for regrowing hair would realistically have run at least two years (and possibly longer) just to determine whether the new hairs produced by the treatment survive an anagen/telogen cycle. Even then, you don't know for sure -- a newly produced hair might survive the first cycle, but that's no guarantee it won't, say, (akin to miniaturization) grow progressively weaker and fail to survive subsequent cycles. What the long term benefits or effects will be are something that can only be determined in the long term, and obviously none of us here is going to be able to wait a couple of lifetimes to verrify how things pan out.
    Well if you already knew all the answers, why are you disappointed? I doubt you will have to wait a LIFETIME homie so don't worry about that ha. So what if the hair wont survive the cycle? If it grew it in the first place, then get another injection. I think its pretty obvious that we still don't know shit about it but i do know we wont have to wait a couple of lifetimes to find out. We will know soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by blowmeup View Post
    Thanks for the interview Spencer, it was very informative. Iím a little disappointed to hear that Dr. Ziring does not seem sure about the timeline, but Iím very happy that everything appears to be moving in a positive direction. Will Dr. Ziering be answering questions on the forum? I wanted to know if having a hair transplant now will interfere with having Histogen injections in the future?
    No , having a transplant now will not prevent you from receiving HSC injections in the future.The great thing is that HSC works on the recipient area and has nothing to do with the donor at this time . This should give new hope to all those that have poor or no donor hair available .
    Good luck to you.
    Doc Z

Quote Originally Posted by reset View Post
    Thanks for the interview Spencer. It`s great we`re able to hear directly from the guys in the field. I don`t know if any one at Histogen is taking taking questions now, but I`ve heard about `Pan-Asian` trials but aside from Singapore I haven`t heard of any other countries in Asia taking part in the trials. Which, if any, other countries are going to take part in the trials? Thanks.
    Right now Singapore but possibly Korea as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post

You make valid points but the reality is the results are positive enough for at least 10 million dollors of additional funding to have been received to continue the work Histogen is doing.
    I cant tell you that HSC is the answer but I am sure that this work will at least contribute to helping the "Scientific Hair community" come up with an answer and that is what research and trials are all about.

Doc Z

Quote Originally Posted by ZM4HAIR View Post
    Right now Singapore but possibly Korea as well.
    I know you spoke about the 2 year trials so far and how hairs were still present after that time. If histogen does not do much as far as growth for some, will it at least guarantee no further hair loss? Did you notice this in pre trials?

Quote Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    I know you spoke about the 2 year trials so far and how hairs were still present after that time. If histogen does not do much as far as growth for some, will it at least guarantee no further hair loss? Did you notice this in pre trials?
    I dont want to mislead you as this was not directly looked at ,however the study showed a net gain in terminal hairs and hair thickness. So a net gain can have 3 components : 1. New terminal Hairs 2. Reversal of miniaturizing hairs and 3. As you suggest , the prevention or slowing down of the progressive nature of hair loss.
    Also the observation that HSC increased individual hair diameter is very significant from an overall aesthetic point of view.This has the potential to be very beneficial to women and men with overall thin hair and diffuse loss.

Doc Z

Dr.Craig Ziering DO, FAOCD

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    Well if you already knew all the answers, why are you disappointed? I doubt you will have to wait a LIFETIME homie so don't worry about that ha. So what if the hair wont survive the cycle? If it grew it in the first place, then get another injection. I think its pretty obvious that we still don't know shit about it but i do know we wont have to wait a couple of lifetimes to find out. We will know soon enough.
    You might find this system works best if you actually take the time to read and comprehend material prior to responding to it.