+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    71

    Default Could rogaine make my hair worse?

    Finally gonna make the plunge into using rogaine (cant take DHT blockers as my T is already low). Is it possible my hair will end up worse off? I'm not talking about the shed, but overall after the shed, can rogaine make me worse off? Also what concerns me is I read "I had a shed, but then my hair came back thicker". How do you know that you're not just back at baseline and just the shed hair came back?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Doubt it. I went through a massive shed, but it was all weak, miniaturized hairs I was going to lose anyways.

    Rogaine *can* make your hair better though, so it's a little silly to not take a shot at that with the potential repercussion of losing hair you were already going to lose - just a little early.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Doubt it. I went through a massive shed, but it was all weak, miniaturized hairs I was going to lose anyways.

    Rogaine *can* make your hair better though, so it's a little silly to not take a shot at that with the potential repercussion of losing hair you were already going to lose - just a little early.
    So does your hair look better or worse now?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    If you are a responder it will be great you will buy a lot of time it keeps hairs in anagen phase for much longer

    You can run into trouble if you are allergic to minox or any ingrediants in the vehicle and are also not a responder. Scalp irriation can cause shed, alchol vehicle increase pdg2 also...but aslong as your not gettign crazy irriation and in a coupe lmonths u see atleast velus hairs it is a good choice

    are you going with liquid or foam?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    If you are a responder it will be great you will buy a lot of time it keeps hairs in anagen phase for much longer

    You can run into trouble if you are allergic to minox or any ingrediants in the vehicle and are also not a responder. Scalp irriation can cause shed, alchol vehicle increase pdg2 also...but aslong as your not gettign crazy irriation and in a coupe lmonths u see atleast velus hairs it is a good choice

    are you going with liquid or foam?
    foam

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    go for it kiddo

    again dont expect nothing miraculous...it will simply slow down your MPB and if your lucky youll get a some thickening/regrowth

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    go for it kiddo

    again dont expect nothing miraculous...it will simply slow down your MPB and if your lucky youll get a some thickening/regrowth
    Does rogaine actually make miniaturized hairs thicker?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prestige View Post
    Does rogaine actually make miniaturized hairs thicker?
    ya it can..without an AA tho and DHT doing more damage, may be tough

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Prestige, I am not sure I understand. You WANT to maintain a low T level?

    Finasteride RAISES your testosterone levels and dutasteride raises them even more.

    Do you want low t levels for some reason?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macster View Post
    Prestige, I am not sure I understand. You WANT to maintain a low T level?

    Finasteride RAISES your testosterone levels and dutasteride raises them even more.

    Do you want low t levels for some reason?
    Not at all I'm going on trt.

    I'm in the low 200s should be around 700 at my age, the 10-20% from fin would do nothing.

    I've talked to derms, hair transplant doctors, endos, an urologists and all agree I must treat the low T and only after a year could I consider dht blockers. I already have all those horrible fin symptoms like ED and low libido.

Similar Threads

  1. 8 Months on Rogaine and Worse Off
    By Mike2013 in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-20-2013, 05:13 PM
  2. Does the mirror make it look worse or the camera make it look better?
    By Woodyy in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-23-2013, 01:10 PM
  3. Can Nizoral make your hair worse?
    By Breaking Bald in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-10-2013, 02:03 AM
  4. Can propecia make your hairloss worse?
    By sebasmarin in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2011, 04:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

2.5 Months Finasteride, still Miniaturizing
06-19-2014 06:57 PM
Last Post By TooYoungToobald
Today 07:24 PM
Questions about Ketoconazole, TRT, and propecia.
Today 06:18 PM
Last Post By FrankieRed
Today 06:18 PM
Replicel's update 23 October 2014
10-24-2014 07:02 AM
Last Post By Sogeking
Today 05:49 PM
Histogen news
05-08-2014 08:00 AM
by James7
Last Post By Sogeking
Today 05:46 PM
Dr Klein promox patients! Read if you need help.
08-21-2014 09:44 AM
by Jazz1
Last Post By Hicks
Today 05:25 PM
Am i going bald?
12-16-2014 08:33 AM
by Jake27
Last Post By Jake27
Today 05:14 PM