+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 345
  1. #101
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Clinical chemistry showed no indication of
    toxicity or blood/urine abnormalities in the
    general patient population following both sets
    of HSC injection. Clinical evaluation of blood
    serum chemistry, hematology and urinalysis
    showed no changes from baseline over the course
    of the treatment.
    Figures above show the serum
    blood chemistry and hematology values obtained
    at baseline (pre-treatment), 4 weeks and 12
    weeks. No evidence of toxicity is observed in any
    of the clinical indicators



    So, how is it that Histogen can come to these conclusions and in the very same poster demonstrate that Follistatin is inhibiting hemoglobin levels?

    Anyone know what Max% OD stands for?

  2. #102
    Senior Member Desmond84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    891

    Post

    I personally think Histogen will have a place in our current armament against MPB...but it will NOT be capable of doing what we initially hoped it to be:

    "A single session providing 20% increase in hair count for 2 years across the crown, vertex and temporal areas"

    The next phase is the "Dose-range finding" study...this is going to be significant for us, because Histogen will find out how much HSC they can inject without risking Haematological adverse effects!

    There is another solution to their problem as well! The main culprit for dropping Haemoglobin count is Follistatin! Maybe they can reduce the concentration of Follistatin in order to enable treatment of a much larger surface area! Hopefully reducing the concentration of Follistatin will NOT reduce the efficacy all that much!

  3. #103
    Senior Member Desmond84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    Clinical chemistry showed no indication of
    toxicity or blood/urine abnormalities in the
    general patient population following both sets
    of HSC injection. Clinical evaluation of blood
    serum chemistry, hematology and urinalysis
    showed no changes from baseline over the course
    of the treatment.
    Figures above show the serum
    blood chemistry and hematology values obtained
    at baseline (pre-treatment), 4 weeks and 12
    weeks. No evidence of toxicity is observed in any
    of the clinical indicators



    So, how is it that Histogen can come to these conclusions and in the very same poster demonstrate that Follistatin is inhibiting hemoglobin levels?

    Anyone know what Max% OD stands for?
    No evidence of toxicity was observed in the Phase I/II trial by using merely 8 shots of HSC...The chart about Follistatin is most likely from their Animal toxicity studies, where they inject large doses of the drug to observe possible risks of toxicity!

  4. #104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ1982 View Post
    I can't help but feel a little deflated at this news, to be honest. I still have great hope for Histogen but, well... :\
    We don't know the percentage change from baseline to begin with.

    Could be 50% + 2.5%?

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phatalis View Post
    If this is what it comes to.. histogen simply halts hair loss... as good as fin without sides.. (hopefully better than fin) than in my mind it's still a huge success.
    The problem is, I doubt it will make it to the market if this is "all" it does...Propecia didn't generate near the profit that Merk hoped it would...so I doubt that a company would invest in histogen if it's another version of propecia..

    That being said, if HSC could be distributed at a reasonable price, it may be appealing as there isn't the side effect concern and it's injections once a year or so...instead of a pill every day. Also, who knows what this could do if it were combined with fin or RU or another treatment.


    I guess only time can tell.

  6. #106
    Senior Member Desmond84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    891

    Default

    This is where Histogen will play a big part:

    You know those vellus hairs that never turn terminal NO MATTER how much Propecia you take! Well, Histogen will most probably turn them terminal and if you continue taking Propecia they will remain terminal!

    Histogen will work synergistically with Propecia!

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    This is where Histogen will play a big part:

    You know those vellus hairs that never turn terminal NO MATTER how much Propecia you take! Well, Histogen will most probably turn them terminal and if you continue taking Propecia they will remain terminal!

    Histogen will work synergistically with Propecia!

    Exactly, or maybe even better.

    I was pretty down at first with the results...but they have another phase to improve things and at least it is better than propecia! that is a start for many...because it seems like hardly anyone can actually take propecia

  8. #108
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Just look at the chart under 'temporal recession region' in the PDF Desmond posted. You're talking baout 'terminal density'. It seems to me that this means the terminal hairs just got 25% thicker. Which might give a somewhat noticable effect. But only if you have hair on your temples to begin with, since temple hair count only increased with 2% after 24 months, in that same chart.
    In other words.
    Histogen was never going to grow hair on slick bald scalp. Hence the 'temple hair increased by 2% after 24 months statement'

    It is just a better version if minoxidil.

    Most likely we will have to use this in conjunction with having a HT (if you haven't lost your temple hair already)

    I suspect HSC is going to be cheap if it requires a yearly booster.

    It is also side effect free unlike fin. Like fin it will maintain.

    Would you rather be slapping minox on your head, taking fin or just going in yearly for a booster ?

    I don't know why you all are moaning. Sure the yearly shots are a pain in the ass. But it's as I've described.

  9. #109
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    The problem is, I doubt it will make it to the market if this is "all" it does...Propecia didn't generate near the profit that Merk hoped it would...so I doubt that a company would invest in histogen if it's another version of propecia..

    That being said, if HSC could be distributed at a reasonable price, it may be appealing as there isn't the side effect concern and it's injections once a year or so...instead of a pill every day. Also, who knows what this could do if it were combined with fin or RU or another treatment.


    I guess only time can tell.
    Propecias popularity is declining due to adverse sides. It's the reason why I am not taking it ATM

    If I were Merck I would replace it with HSC if they feel threatened by it.

  10. #110
    Senior Member Desmond84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Unfortunately Propecia will be our only effective weapon against hairloss for at least another 5 years

Similar Threads

  1. Mixed FUE+BHT Results- Jan 2013 - Dr. Cole
    By forhair in forum Hair Transplant Results By IAHRS Recommended Surgeons
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2013, 04:44 PM
  2. Follica Phase 2 Results
    By Scoots in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-20-2012, 07:28 PM
  3. Histogen's HSC Exclusive Video Q&A
    By tbtadmin in forum Histogen's Hair Stimulating Complex (HSC)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-14-2011, 10:29 PM
  4. Update on Histogen's HSC ?
    By sebasmarin in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 12:19 PM
  5. Another 2200 graft plug repair, final phase, by Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
    By Dr. Lindsey in forum Hair Transplant Results By IAHRS Recommended Surgeons
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 08:46 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Bimatoprost finishing up Phase IIb trial!
11-04-2014 01:38 PM
by rdawg
Last Post By sascha
Today 11:16 PM
Dr.Angela Christiano
11-17-2014 12:44 PM
Last Post By sdsurfin
Today 08:38 PM
Who Are The Best Hair Transplant Docs in Los Angeles?
04-15-2009 11:24 AM
by jmorgan
Last Post By JoeTillman
Today 07:34 PM
Replicel's update 23 October 2014
10-24-2014 07:02 AM
Last Post By yeahyeahyeah
Today 07:28 PM