+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

V
    Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Yeah It feels good to talk about it.

I have just got to push myself to get what I want in life.

My work situation winds me up. I have had it for years. I was in temporary contracts for 2 years at one company, someone in a permanent position left and they bought someone else in permanently to replace him! I had been their 2 ****ing years waiting for a permanent role and someone goes straight in!!! I was fuming. It had nothing to do with me personally it was simply the fact they had no thought of offering it to me!! I eventually got laid off cos they lost a major client bloody twats!!....

I went to a competitor (where I am now) which is a much better place to work. And again I am a temp, 3 months then another 3 months so on and so on!!!! JUST GIVE ME A PERMANENT CONTRACT U BASTARDS!!!

Had to get that off my chest.

+ I would not mind a car or even a house of my own but being a temp I can't do f-all rite now.
    I have been a temp contract worker for 4 years. Just been made permanent, havent signed a contract yet, but i had to re-apply for my position, do the interviews, and sit in a 5 hour psychometric test to see if i can spell. I am nearing my mid-thirties now. About the ladies, hairloss is not that big of a deal, you will find one that will look past that. We will always have regrets, that is part of life, but try to look to the future and not the past. I am from Cape Town so I need a car to get around. Beautifull beaches and woman an lots of cool places to escape for a weekend.

Cellphone typing not good. Chris great result

I will be moving forward soon

Just need a permanent job....and a girl and I'll be sorted.

Default Question

Hey Chrisdav,

I also have a consultation with Dr. Feller in May in the UK. My aim to have a my second HT with him after my first didn't go to plan. How long did you have to wait for the procedure once booked?

Also what were the additional costs of the accomodation and flights? Im looking to have between 1500-1800 grafts so am trying to make sure im under no illusions regarding the finances.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    I will be moving forward soon

Just need a permanent job....and a girl and I'll be sorted.
    I feel for you on the temp jobs. I went through that right out of college. Not only did they never hire me full time they screwed me and several others out of a lot of back pay they owed us. I ended getting a much better job (gov) and have been there ever since. Karma is true as the IRS finally got those guys.

Hey Chrisdav,

Any updates?

Hi Gandolf.

Yes I will have 9 month pics this week.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdav View Post
    Hello everyone

I am a newbie to the hair transplant forums but I have been discretely browsing and reading various posts over a period of time, so I thought there is no better way to start my account with a post regarding my recent hair transplant repair surgery.

I live in England and had been planning for a long while to get my hair repaired, due to two poor previous surgeries.

The first one was FUT with Norton clinic and 2nd was FUE with Fueclinics with a certain Mr Isherwood being attached to both of these clinics.

I cannot stress enough do not touch these clinics with a barge pole and due to being, young, naïve and a little impatient at the time, left me with a large hole in my back pocket when I was earning very little money, poor scarring, negligible hair growth and wasted donor hair and even mental scarring as it leaves you questioning is this whole industry brutal? and is it possible to achieve the desired result?

However, I believed it was more beneficial to take my time to research, analyse and gain a broader understanding of what was required and also to remain positive and upbeat.

I stumbled across Spex by chance and had a look at his site.
    My morale was boosted instantlaously as I had found it so difficult to find a valuable source of information, which after digesting, then led me to the forums.

After studying the forums, I decided to check all the doctors listed and within a short period of time, I had condensed my choice down to around five doctors and conjectured that I would have to look further than the UK, mainly to the USA and Canada.

Having discovered this valuable source of information, I thought it was imperative that I purchased Spex latest project ‘Maximum hair Minimum Loss’ and things began to be a lot clearer, with everything falling into place methodically after that.

Soon after this, I embarked on a consultation in London to see Dr Lindsey and also have a quick chat with Spex. I was thoroughly impressed with the both of the above and in particular Spex’s hair. I would have never guessed in a million years that he had had a hair transplant and his hair was awesome.

After some more thinking and reflecting, I had whittled it down to Dr Feller and Hasson&Wong.

The videos were very appealing for Hasson & Wong but due to a combination of rave reviews of patient’s feedback on the forums, visual before and after results and the fact Spex, being a young english man like myself, who had had his hair repaired by Dr Feller, I thought it was the right decision for me.

I was originally quoted 1000 grafts for my repair but I decided to pay for 1250 grafts as I had an online consultation which is not the same as a face to face.

Having never flown on a plane for longer than 3 hours, I was a little apprehensive at first but I obviously realised what I felt I needed to do. I flew with Virgin Atlantic and it was brilliant, service was impeccable and I was had plenty to occupy myself with, watching 3 and half films and only managing to get to 16,000 on who wants to be a millionaire game. 

I booked into the Ramada hotel which was ok and was only about 5 minutes from the clinic.

On the day of the surgery, I got there early in the morning, about half an hour early to be pleasantly greeted by Dr Feller.

After filling out a couple of forms, he looked over my hair and basically confirmed to me everything I actually wanted to hear, with myself feeling very happy with his analysis and reasoning with a definitive plan of action.

Within 5 minutes, I was sat in the surgery chair. I decided on fut as the density was the most important factor to me and this would generate a better yield.

Dr Feller is very likeable guy, funny, extremely intelligent and I enjoyed talking to him.

I felt welcome and at ease by him and his assistants, who were all very friendly, hardworking and extremely professional, which resulted with the whole operation going very smoothly with no pain.

When I actually looked at what he had done properly, I was amazed and highly content.

After I had eaten some lunch, he confirmed that he had actually put in 1900 grafts into my head, when in fact; I had only payed for 1250. I must have caught him on a good day or something but I was ever so pleased that I made the trip and cannot speak highly enough of him and his staff.

I do owe a large amount of gratitude to Spex and I am forever grateful for his advice as he has always been honest, contactable and willing to help.

I am extremely optimistic with the results and cannot wait for the gradual process to commence. If anyone would like to contact me, I am willing to share my experience, as I am just a normal genuine guy who wants to keep his hair.
    you're obviously going to progress, what are you going to do after using up 2000 grafts on your temples?