+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Spencer, please help us end the debate on Dr. Gho's HST procedure!

I've been a lurker on the hair loss forums for a while now and really appreciate Spencer's work with the Bald Truth. One of the topics that has interested me for the last year or so is the debate surrounding Dr. Gho and his Hair Stem Cell Transplantation (HST) procedure.

Dr. Gho makes two very interesting claims about HST:
    1. Donor regeneration between 80%-95%
    2. Minimal to no scarring

It is well known that the two biggest drawbacks of traditional hair transplant surgery are the limited donor supply and scarring so the significance of these claims should be very apparent.

Recently, there has been an analysis of BaldTruthTalk poster gc83uk's procedure with Gho that seems fairly compelling and indicates that maybe there is something behind Gho's claims (see Gho- Final Proof?). The results achieved on Dutch celebrities like Wesley Sneijder, Gerard Joling, and Dean Saunders, who have had procedures with Gho, are also interesting based on the minimal scarring and downtime, as well as the results in the recipient area.

Despite this, there is still no consensus on Gho's claims and one of two possibilities remains:
    1. The hair transplant industry is ignoring a revolutionary procedure that drastically diminishes the effects of two of the most significant problems associated with hair transplants - limited donor supply and scarring.
    2. Gho is misleading a growing number of people and the procedure does not produce the results that he claims.

In either case and regardless of where you stand on Gho and HST, I think it's in everybody's interests to find out if this is true or not.

Spencer is the top consumer advocate in the hair loss industry and seems like the perfect guy to investigate something like this. I do not believe it would be terribly difficult to verify Gho's claims.

What I propose is that Spencer gets in contact with Dr. Gho and/or a prospective patient and gets a 3rd party to scientifically and photographically investigate the donor regeneration and recipient yield. If it's also possible, I would love to see parts of the procedure recorded and/or have another short interview with Gho with more or our questions.

I really believe if actions similar to this are taken, it would settle the debate on Gho/HST once and for all! I really hope Spencer and the posters on this forum get behind this. I would love to hear what everybody thinks and whether you guys have any suggestions etc.

My intention is not to turn this into a debate on HST but rather what needs to be done to prove/disprove Gho's claims and settle the debate once and for all.

I 2nd this.

At this point, Spencer is the only one that can push this forward, or hold it back.

Thank JJJJ for succinctly summarizing the situation and what needs to happen going forward.

Yeah. We need to know one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    there is nothing to know.

The hairs are regenerating, period. It's practically scarless, period.

What we need to know is why nobody else has adopted the technique

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    I'm with this.

I think you should read up on the history of the FUE procedure. There was initially a huge amount of skepticism and resistance to it by some of the very same surgeons that offer it today. Spencer knows this first hand and was actually one of the few and most prominent people at the time who advocated in its favour. So there is clearly a huge precedence here.

Again, my intention is not to turn this thread into a debate on Dr. Gho and HST. There's plenty of threads/posts on here and other forums for that. The whole point of this thread is to find a way to get conclusive proof so that there is no longer a huge debate every time Gho and HST are mentioned. Given the claims Dr. Gho is making, I personally find it unbelievable that there still isn't a consensus on the procedure. I think this is something we can all agree on whether you consider yourself a supporter of Gho's work or not.

Holy shit, i just noticed that Gho/HST spells out ... GHOHST which is really close to GHOST!! It's a trap, i knew it was fake all along, now we just need to call the ghost busters

Quote Originally Posted by Johny.track131 View Post
    Holy shit, i just noticed that Gho/HST spells out ... GHOHST which is really close to GHOST!! It's a trap, i knew it was fake all along, now we just need to call the ghost busters
    ghost busters? some ht clinics in the benelux countries called the ghost busters twice.

https://www.reclamecode.nl/webuitspr...D=34179&acCode

and lost twice already.

besides many other factors, some respected and not ht field related medical doctors confirmed the claims of the ghost because the ghost treated their patients and they could observe the procedures as well as results on their own patients.

What ever happened to the online petition we signed to make the industry
    aware of Dr. Gho's procedure?

Inactive

Question

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    HT doc's are making $200,000 to $300,000 a year as is. How much more are they going to make with HST? These doc's are booked up as is-- taking the time and money to offer HST isn't going to help them.
    There are a whole lot of doctors in the world who offer HT services, and they aren't all continually booked up -- only the relative handful with established reputations are. Anyone outside of that handful looking to establish and build their practices could gain a tremendous advantage by offering a supposedly superior technique available virtually nowhere else, and yet they don't. Why do you suppose that is?