+ Reply to Thread

Default I'm starting to like my receding hairline

I don't like that I'm being faced with hair loss at the young age of 19. My biggest concern next to the condition getting worse is it adversely affecting my relationships. But I now realize that poor self-esteem and image would have the largest detrimental effect.

I'm starting to see a receding hairline as a sign of power and virility. I don't need a little boy hairline to accept myself.

Switching to Nizoral 1% shampoo seems to be preventing further hair loss and irritation. I'll keep you guys posted.

Im 19, and i hate my receding hairline more than my worst enemy. Im surprised someone else at a young age can deal with it with your positive attitude but can't say i have that attitude. My confidence is shot, everytime i talk to a girl, all i can think of is dam she must be hating my big ass receding hairline. Balding at this young age is just so heartbreaking...takes too much out of a young persons spirit in which we need because were just too dam young to process this.

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    Im 19, and i hate my receding hairline more than my worst enemy. Im surprised someone else at a young age can deal with it with your positive attitude but can't say i have that attitude. My confidence is shot, everytime i talk to a girl, all i can think of is dam she must be hating my big ass receding hairline. Balding at this young age is just so heartbreaking...takes too much out of a young persons spirit in which we need because were just too dam young to process this.
    I'm not thrilled about it. The thing is I've always had objections to the way I look and I'm tired of hating myself because for things I have very limited control over. I'm only human and far from perfect but I'm going to walk with my head up high anyway. I hope you can do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by hairforme View Post
    I don't like that I'm being faced with hair loss at the young age of 19. My biggest concern next to the condition getting worse is it adversely affecting my relationships. But I now realize that poor self-esteem and image would have the largest detrimental effect.

I'm starting to see a receding hairline as a sign of power and virility. I don't need a little boy hairline to accept myself.

Switching to Nizoral 1% shampoo seems to be preventing further hair loss and irritation. I'll keep you guys posted.
    The part in bold is what all guys, regardless of age, should remember like it's your own name.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Let's run a few numbers here:

Scorpion's Hairline:
    Mostly fine. Receded, but controlled by treatment, for now.
    My Hairline: Non-existent. I have some hair left, but I shave it. I've always been an all or nothing kind of fella'. Sly Guy represent, woot woot.

And...

Scorpion's Confidence: The man is a shattered wreck. Very sad. Least confident on the board. He will likely vehemently deny that, as he is even insecure about how much confidence he lacks.
    My Confidence: Average to above average, depending on how I'm feeling that day. Yeah, sometimes it dips down. We all have our bad days. But overall, it's fine.

Equals...

Scorpion's Luck With Women and Others: He claims no one could possibly respect or want to get with a person with receded hair, like himself. Despite the fact that he does have a lady friend, I can only imagine his opinions about how people treat people with hairloss stem from how people treat him. I.e. The guy is a bit of a loser.
    My Luck With Women and Others: At the risk of looking like I'm just bragging on the Internet, I do plenty fine with women. And non-ladies (fellas) tend to like me a lot. (Or totally hate me, to be fair. I don't get a lot of in between.)

I'm not trying to pretend hairloss isn't going to hurt your chances with women/people in general, but a total lack of confidence is going to kill your chances off entirely.

You've got the right idea. Control your hairloss as long as you can, but never let it destroy you like that poor chap Scorpion. That will be the end of you. Confidence will get you through this.

I'm not thrilled about it. The thing is I've always had objections to the way I look and I'm tired of hating myself because for things I have very limited control over. I'm only human and far from perfect but I'm going to walk with my head up high anyway. I hope you can do the same.
    Sounds like you have adapted and will be fine. It took me awhile but eventually the front didn't bother me. If I had never started in vertex years later, i would have put it all behind me and forgotten about it. Trying to do that now....

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    Sounds like you have adapted and will be fine. It took me awhile but eventually the front didn't bother me. If I had never started in vertex years later, i would have put it all behind me and forgotten about it. Trying to do that now....
    That's one reason why it's so hard for men to deal with. By the time people finally adjust to the first stage of hair loss more hair falls out.

Despite saying I'm learning to like my hairline... that does not mean I'm going to readily accept more hair loss.

That's one reason why it's so hard for men to deal with. By the time people finally adjust to the first stage of hair loss more hair falls out.

Despite saying I'm learning to like my hairline... that does not mean I'm going to readily accept more hair loss.
    You will get use to it I promise. And your right, just as soon as you are fine with it, then here comes the spot in the back...

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    You will get use to it I promise. And your right, just as soon as you are fine with it, then here comes the spot in the back...
    Well I'm doing a lot of research and asking around at what I can do to prevent additional hair loss. Becoming aware that male pattern baldness is affecting me has been the first step in fighting it.

Well I'm doing a lot of research and asking around at what I can do to prevent additional hair loss. Becoming aware that male pattern baldness is affecting me has been the first step in fighting it.
    Well just remember that mpb is almost always gradually progressive and I don't think even FIN can stop it forever.

Hopefully they will come up with a real fix by the time you need it