+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lou-anne View Post
    Oh wow, hah you are stepping into your 30's as a whole new person. Yeah it's all so expensive but when I think about finally being happy with myself it's so worth it! I hope that you'll be exactly the woman you wan't to be, I wish my time came faster hihi
    About the meds, did they not give you anything to calm your nerves down before the procedure? I can't even imagine how nervous I'll be! Oh and you'll be getting your injection today if I'm correct (never really sure about the time difference ), I hope all goes well!!
    They did not give me anything for nerves..and I was ok with that because I was not neervous at all..lol..I have always been able to tolerate pain..I got 45 shots to numb my head..wow..they said people are normally jumping around scared..I was like no I'm not scared..I'm ready..I have wanted this for 15 years now..lol.the first injection was done wrong so I was in so much pain..but I got my 2nd injection today and all went well..I felt no pain..I can literally feel the expander getting bigger inside my head..If I look in the mirror I can see where it has gotten bigger..but other people looking at me can't tell because of my hair..so I have 8 more weeks of shots to go..lol..I have been taking pics of everything..so I will send them 2 u when everything is done..

Quote Originally Posted by imloweringmyhairline View Post
    They did not give me anything for nerves..and I was ok with that because I was not neervous at all..lol..I have always been able to tolerate pain..I got 45 shots to numb my head..wow..they said people are normally jumping around scared..I was like no I'm not scared..I'm ready..I have wanted this for 15 years now..lol.the first injection was done wrong so I was in so much pain..but I got my 2nd injection today and all went well..I felt no pain..I can literally feel the expander getting bigger inside my head..If I look in the mirror I can see where it has gotten bigger..but other people looking at me can't tell because of my hair..so I have 8 more weeks of shots to go..lol..I have been taking pics of everything..so I will send them 2 u when everything is done..
    Hey, hope you're doing good. You still have 7 more weeks to go now! Time goes by fast!! Good to hear you didn't feel any pain the second time, and I can't wait to see by the time you're done... It's amazing how fast and how well things are going for you! I guess once you've had the expander in, the actual surgery will be a piece of cake... Man I can't wait to be the one telling the story

Hey, hope you're doing good. You still have 7 more weeks to go now! Time goes by fast!! Good to hear you didn't feel any pain the second time, and I can't wait to see by the time you're done... It's amazing how fast and how well things are going for you! I guess once you've had the expander in, the actual surgery will be a piece of cake... Man I can't wait to be the one telling the story
    Hello..well all is going we'll. I get my injections on Wed. And Sat. And my friend has become a professional she knows exactly what she is doing and does it in no time. It took a minute to get it perfect because one time she had to stick me 3 times :-( because we could not get blew dye. You can't slant the neddle when injecting it has to be straight down and once you hit the bottom you pull back to make sure you get blue dye the dr put blue dye in there so we know its the right spot. Girl its weird, its like having a balloon with water in your head..whenever I move, it moves..sometimes I move just so the saline moves..lol.. Ok so to the important stuff..do you know it has only been one month since I had surgery and you CANNOT barley see the scar unless u were all in my face and I pointed it out to u, and my hair has already grown back in frnt of the scar..so imagine how great it will look when he actually buries the hair follicles. I see that one of the mainconcers with this surgery I the scar but imine looks great and I think the people who have problems probably went to somene who DID NOT know what they were doing..I can't wait until this is over..I'm so ready to hear about your experience :-)

Hello..well all is going we'll. I get my injections on Wed. And Sat. And my friend has become a professional she knows exactly what she is doing and does it in no time. It took a minute to get it perfect because one time she had to stick me 3 times :-( because we could not get blew dye. You can't slant the neddle when injecting it has to be straight down and once you hit the bottom you pull back to make sure you get blue dye the dr put blue dye in there so we know its the right spot. Girl its weird, its like having a balloon with water in your head..whenever I move, it moves..sometimes I move just so the saline moves..lol.. Ok so to the important stuff..do you know it has only been one month since I had surgery and you CANNOT barley see the scar unless u were all in my face and I pointed it out to u, and my hair has already grown back in frnt of the scar..so imagine how great it will look when he actually buries the hair follicles. I see that one of the mainconcers with this surgery I the scar but imine looks great and I think the people who have problems probably went to somene who DID NOT know what they were doing..I can't wait until this is over..I'm so ready to hear about your experience :-)
    Hi,
    Great to hear everything is going well! How many weeks do you have left of wearing the balloon? Itīs gotta be next to nothing, canīt believe how fast itīs going! Iīm so happy to hear the scar isnīt bad, and yeah Iīm so ready to tell about my experience hihi... I first just need to start it!!
    But each day Iīm growing more and more confident that it actually will happen, things are just slowely falling into place. So hopefully around the beginning of fall itīll be my turn

One week left and I will have my hairline lowered and a new nose!!

OMGG hahaha I totally forgot to reply but Congratssss!!! You've had it done something like 2 weeks ago right?!!! Time went by sooo fast can't believe ur done, but I'm sooo happy for you!! How was it? And how are you now? Happy I hope, mannn I can't lie I'm kinda jealous ...
    Tell me everything!!! Hah can't wait to hear from you, this is going to be a good summer 4 u! No more hiding the forehead

Anyway congrats again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

omgg hahaha i totally forgot to reply but congratssss!!! You've had it done something like 2 weeks ago right?!!! Time went by sooo fast can't believe ur done, but i'm sooo happy for you!! How was it? And how are you now? Happy i hope, mannn i can't lie i'm kinda jealous :d...
    Tell me everything!!! Hah can't wait to hear from you, this is going to be a good summer 4 u! No more hiding the forehead

Anyway congrats again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
    omg louanne..i have been looking for u..yeap i had it done june 7th..so it has been almost 3 weeks..girl u have 2 get this surgery..my life has changed..it makes u look totally different..i look in the mirror all day..i love it..right nnow my scar is barley visible..i can see it but others don't unless i bring it 2 their attention & my hair has already started growing back so in about 6 weeks..the scar will not be visible..my head is numbe from the top of my head 2 the hairline & that is expected because i was cut open..lol..but sensation should return in about a month..like it did last time..i have had no problems..my nose is a lotof maintenence..girlit just ran and ran for the first 4 or 5 days..i got so tired of cleaning it..but i'm good..my nose is numb 2..i felt no pai from beginning 2 end..this time i got stitches at the front of my hairline and staples on the side..i still have some dried up blood in my hair & i just have 2 be patient and i get asmuch out as i can day by day..i just got my staples out friday so that is where most of the blood was and i really don't comb that area because it is sore..but none of this is noticeable 2 others..just to me..i get so many compliments..i cannot color or perm for 6 to 8 weeks..no heat either because i'm numb and i can't put heat on follicles that are trying to grow..i can't wait 2 get my hair done by a professional..oh and i can't wear glasses for 6 weeks..thank god 4 contact..let's see what else? Ask me anything..and i need your email or a number 2 text u b4 and after pics..u won't believe it ttyl..i'm so happy..this man has truly changed my life!

Wow almost 3 weeks already!! So glad to hear you're doing good. I am so happy your scar isn't really visible and probably won't be after everything has healed up nicely and your hairs have grown back.
    And you're right, you have been cut open so you're gonna notice something hahah.
    Hope the nose is doing okay now, just keep in mind that when it's all healed up those few weeks of maintenance will seem like nothing, and it'll be sooooo worth it!!
    Did taking out the staples and stitches hurt? That's basically the only part of the whole procedure where I'm kind of scared that it'll hurt. I mean they're basically pulling stuff out of the deep layers of your skin.... Ohh also what did you do the first few days after surgery, did you travel home right after? and how was it to travel? I seriously have so many questions haha I hope you don't mind...
    What I also really wanna know is how the whole day went, like what time you had to be at the clinic, how the anesthesia went, how was it when you woke up and how was the rest of the day and night....
    Uhm also did you use anything to cover up your head when going back to your hotel>?
    Hah I have more questions but you can only have so many words hahaha, anyway can't wait to hear from you and I'm so happy to hear you have no regrets!!

omg louanne..i have been looking for u..yeap i had it done june 7th..so it has been almost 3 weeks..girl u have 2 get this surgery..my life has changed..it makes u look totally different..i look in the mirror all day..i love it..right nnow my scar is barley visible..i can see it but others don't unless i bring it 2 their attention & my hair has already started growing back so in about 6 weeks..the scar will not be visible..my head is numbe from the top of my head 2 the hairline & that is expected because i was cut open..lol..but sensation should return in about a month..like it did last time..i have had no problems..my nose is a lotof maintenence..girlit just ran and ran for the first 4 or 5 days..i got so tired of cleaning it..but i'm good..my nose is numb 2..i felt no pai from beginning 2 end..this time i got stitches at the front of my hairline and staples on the side..i still have some dried up blood in my hair & i just have 2 be patient and i get asmuch out as i can day by day..i just got my staples out friday so that is where most of the blood was and i really don't comb that area because it is sore..but none of this is noticeable 2 others..just to me..i get so many compliments..i cannot color or perm for 6 to 8 weeks..no heat either because i'm numb and i can't put heat on follicles that are trying to grow..i can't wait 2 get my hair done by a professional..oh and i can't wear glasses for 6 weeks..thank god 4 contact..let's see what else? Ask me anything..and i need your email or a number 2 text u b4 and after pics..u won't believe it ttyl..i'm so happy..this man has truly changed my life!
    Ps i am trying to find out how to send a personal message so I can give you my email, can't wait to see your pics and the results!!!
    Thnx for being willing to do that!!!

Wow almost 3 weeks already!! So glad to hear you're doing good. I am so happy your scar isn't really visible and probably won't be after everything has healed up nicely and your hairs have grown back.
    And you're right, you have been cut open so you're gonna notice something hahah.
    Hope the nose is doing okay now, just keep in mind that when it's all healed up those few weeks of maintenance will seem like nothing, and it'll be sooooo worth it!!
    Did taking out the staples and stitches hurt? That's basically the only part of the whole procedure where I'm kind of scared that it'll hurt. I mean they're basically pulling stuff out of the deep layers of your skin.... Ohh also what did you do the first few days after surgery, did you travel home right after? and how was it to travel? I seriously have so many questions haha I hope you don't mind...
    What I also really wanna know is how the whole day went, like what time you had to be at the clinic, how the anesthesia went, how was it when you woke up and how was the rest of the day and night....
    Uhm also did you use anything to cover up your head when going back to your hotel>?
    Hah I have more questions but you can only have so many words hahaha, anyway can't wait to hear from you and I'm so happy to hear you have no regrets!!
    Taking the stitches out did not hurt at all, nor did the staples. I felt no pain. Girl do't be scared. I went on youtube and people said they cried when stitches came out of their nose and hairline, but it did not hurt me at all. After the surgery a recovery facility picked me up called Pearl and they charge $775. per night so I stayed there intil the next day when it was time for me to go back to the doctor. They really took care of me, they gave me my meds, took me to the bathroom, lol, cleaned me up. Most of this wont be an issue for you though because the hairline required really no work. They cleaning is basically the nose..ugh.. After surgery, they covered my head with whatever that white wrapping thing is they use so my entire head stayed covered for the first two days. Then after that, i went back and they removed it but i still had the stitches and staples in of course. i only stayed at the recovery facility for 1 night and then i went back to my hotel. You have to either have someone go with you or stay at the facility. You have to stay in town for 6 days. I had surgery on a Tuesday and that Monday they took the stitches out and i flew home later that evening. Really, you wont even be well enough to fly, this is a major surgery. i was tired..all I did was sleep for the 3/4 days after surgery, I didnt have energy to do anything until Sunday, ha..lol

the anestisiologist called me the night before surgery to talk to me and basically tellme not to eat after mid night and it is general anestisia, a tube did my breathing for me and everything, lol. I saw horror stories on youtube about coming out of anestisia and it was nothing like that. i came out fine i was tired and they had to help me ionthe wheelchair, but i was good though. My surgery was 4 hours because i got both at the same time. My surgery was at scheduled 6:15 am and he started at about 8:00 finished at noon . When I got to pearl, I was tired so i basically slep all day and ate,used the bathroom , and watched a little bit of tv. They use an ice pac on my face, for swelling and I took meds every 4 hours. i felt NO PAIN THE ENTIRE PROCESS, NONE!!!

i had to wash my hair after they took off the dressing, girl it was so much mess cacked in my hair..blaood and god knows what else and of course u dont want 2 wash because u are healing, i am still numb and i just let the water run on the top of my head..i really dont comb it because i am still healing and i dont want to hurt myslef or interrupt hair follicles trying 2 grow..lol..i can see the little baby hairs comign in, lol ha

Ask away, i wish i had someone to ask when I was going through this.