+ Reply to Thread
    Skeptic1st

Default 1st day after my procedure.

Hi everyone,
    Some of you know Im a 37 year old guy who has been receding and thinning for many years. Im excited to say that I had my first transplant performed yesterday and it went well with no complications.I had 1800 grafts added in a period of about 5 hours.I felt no pain whatsover although I slept for about two of those hours.I just posted my before photos on here and once I remove my skull cap, I will add my new photos in a few days.Im sure the new photos will be nothing to look at as ugly as my head may be post op,But I know the minor embarrasment now will seem like nothing in a year or so when it thickens.I will probably go for another session too but I have plenty of time to consider that.Now comes the part where I explain to the rest of my family and my co-workers "WHAT IS THAT ON TOP OF YOUR HEAD"? I want to add that this web site has been a tremendous help in making my descion and I appreciate the kind words and support that everyone has for each other.I know its important to connect with others who have been through and are going through the same thing.Spencer, thank you for the great job you do moderating the site,and allowing the new and senior subscribers feel welcome.
    Dale
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SN851055.jpg

Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	376   Click image for larger version

Name:	SN851056.jpg

Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	377   Click image for larger version

Name:	SN851057.JPG

Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	378   Click image for larger version

Name:	SN851058.JPG

Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	379   Click image for larger version

Name:	SN851060.jpg

Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	380   Click image for larger version

Name:	SN851063.jpg

Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	381   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 days Post op.jpg

Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	420   Click image for larger version

Name:	2nd day Post op.jpg

Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	422   Click image for larger version

Name:	Post op.jpg

Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	426   Click image for larger version

Name:	No strip scar visable.jpg

Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	429  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Not much differance noticed yet.jpg

Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	432   Click image for larger version

Name:	Side view Post op.jpg

Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	433  

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic1st View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Some of you know Im a 37 year old guy who has been receding and thinning for many years. Im excited to say that I had my first transplant performed yesterday and it went well with no complications.I had 1800 grafts added in a period of about 5 hours.I felt no pain whatsover although I slept for about two of those hours.I just posted my before photos on here and once I remove my skull cap, I will add my new photos in a few days.Im sure the new photos will be nothing to look at as ugly as my head may be post op,But I know the minor embarrasment now will seem like nothing in a year or so when it thickens.I will probably go for another session too but I have plenty of time to consider that.Now comes the part where I explain to the rest of my family and my co-workers "WHAT IS THAT ON TOP OF YOUR HEAD"? I want to add that this web site has been a tremendous help in making my descion and I appreciate the kind words and support that everyone has for each other.I know its important to connect with others who have been through and are going through the same thing.Spencer, thank you for the great job you do moderating the site,and allowing the new and senior subscribers feel welcome.
    Dale
    Hey Dale,

I'm so glad that things went well for you yesterday. I'm also glad that you'll be documenting your journey on our new forum. I wish you a speedy recovery and a great outcome.

I can't take the credit for moderating the forum since my time is limited, but I am trying to help out and post as much as possible. The credit goes to my great staff who also run our other online resources.

It's great that you added you before images to your personal profile album, but It's probably a good idea to attach them in this thread as well. It will be easier for our users to view your images and to follow your progress.

We all have our own story to tell, I’m happy that you're sharing yours with our community.

I wish you the best,
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.