+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Default Dead vs Dying

Not sure where we cross the line but I think vellus hairs are essentially like dead plants-they are noticable but if you water them they are still gone.
    Miniaturizing are more like plants that are alive but noticiably in need of some form of resuscitation. Hopefully ACell combined with PRP will be their EMS. I am starting to work with a company that can specifically isolate the adult stem cells from the PRP mixture. Their deeds will confirm their words.

Default Complacent Industry ??

Dr Hitzig
    On a related matter, but slightly different direction. Are you happy with the number of clinics that have commenced trials to either prove/disprove the plucking technique with the potential of developing it into a viable product. I mean, there is a real threat from the hair multiplication world (Aderans, Histogen, Follica) that HM could come to the market in around 2014-15. What will this do to the business of the traditional hair transplant clinics if they suddenly loose 50% of their customers to say e.g. Bosley because they have a product (hybrid transplant+Aderans) that is far superior (unlimited donor, potentially scarless, high density, etc) than traditional transplants. I know myself, if I was in the business and wanted to remain competitive I would be looking to develop a product that was at least equal or at worst a niche product to be used as an adjunct to superior hair multiplication products. Autocloning with Acell I believe (my own belief that is) is the only hope that exists for many clinics if they want to remain in the game unless they can get in on the hair multiplication action. Yet my feeling from what I read is that it is experimental and we will wait and see in a few years. Are these guys actually doing any form of trials ? Are they sharing detailed information on these trials ? From the accounts on the internet is seems like perhaps 6 or so clinics unless of course others are doing it in secret. Time is ticking for this industry before a major HM shake-up , traditional hair transplant clinics need a new product, and they need it very soon. Consumers are not silly, they will vote with their feet and buy the best product on the market and the contest between limited vs unlimited donor is a no brainer. Either the owners of the traditional HT clinics are completely aware of the treat to their business or have become complacent. If they choose not to collaborate and develop a better product then perhaps it will be a lesson for them to collaborate when it comes time to update their curriculum vitae for their next jobs.
    Anyway, just food for thought.

Default "Clincal Trials" Using ACell

Only a handful of Physicians have reached out to me--and those are the ones who want to learn how to use ACell in specific instances, such as in keloid improvement after a botched laser tatoo removal attempt. Physicians such as Dr. Mcgrath, Dr. Niebloski, and Dr. DeYarmin have reached out multiple times to help them understand the product and its correct application as well as how to keep out of trouble and obtain the best possible results. The ones conducting their "Clinical Studies" have not!

In my practice, we have been working with ACell and its various applications in hair regrowth and duplication, wound healing, scar improvement, beard and scalp hair plucking, combination with PRP/Arterial Blood serum etc. since it was approved by the FDA in wound healing in September, 2008. Jerry Cooley and I have kept the whole idea quiet for over 2 years while we slowly learned the correct way to use the product. We didn't become experts overnight!

As you are sure to see, the ones who "fail" in their so called Clinical Trials will be quick to blame the product, not the practitioner---Sad But True.

We are constantly moving on. For example,we are now starting to work with an established Company that can isolate and concentrate one's own Adult Stem Cells from the PRP/Arterial Serum. We will be starting this month combining this with Specific particle size Matristem (Yes not all Acell is the same--most don't know this) prior to scalp injections--Exciting Stuff especially in light of the recent research released last week. This Bolus of Adult Stem Cells should help improve the speed of recovery and perhaps the results---Keep Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hitzig MD View Post
    Only a handful of Physicians have reached out to me--and those are the ones who want to learn how to use ACell in specific instances, such as in keloid improvement after a botched laser tatoo removal attempt. Physicians such as Dr. Mcgrath, Dr. Niebloski, and Dr. DeYarmin have reached out multiple times to help them understand the product and its correct application as well as how to keep out of trouble and obtain the best possible results. The ones conducting their "Clinical Studies" have not!

In my practice, we have been working with ACell and its various applications in hair regrowth and duplication, wound healing, scar improvement, beard and scalp hair plucking, combination with PRP/Arterial Blood serum etc. since it was approved by the FDA in wound healing in September, 2008. Jerry Cooley and I have kept the whole idea quiet for over 2 years while we slowly learned the correct way to use the product. We didn't become experts overnight!

As you are sure to see, the ones who "fail" in their so called Clinical Trials will be quick to blame the product, not the practitioner---Sad But True.

We are constantly moving on. For example,we are now starting to work with an established Company that can isolate and concentrate one's own Adult Stem Cells from the PRP/Arterial Serum. We will be starting this month combining this with Specific particle size Matristem (Yes not all Acell is the same--most don't know this) prior to scalp injections--Exciting Stuff especially in light of the recent research released last week. This Bolus of Adult Stem Cells should help improve the speed of recovery and perhaps the results---Keep Tuned
    Can you give us a ballpark estimate of how much Acell+Arterial Blood/PRP injections would cost.

I know that for PRP alone is about $1000

Default Questions

Dr. Rassman who is conducting his big trail with Acell has not contacted you or Dr. Cooley to ask about how to go about the plucking procedure!? This would be a disappointment, I don't understand why he wouldn't contact at least one of you to understand how to do the procedure. I'm wondering how he could possibly know how to conduct the trail efficiently without prior knowledge of the product he's utilizing.

Default Two Answers

I believe the injection procedure costs between $2-3000 when utilizing a large amount of ACell and of course depending on the size of the area to be treated. Each case is individualized.

Dr. Rassman passed me in Boston at the meetings after my presentation several times, looked at me but never stopped to talk. Dr. Limmer made a point of sitting with me and discussing it along with several other well known practitioners. Dr. Rassman has never contacted me then or since. I believe he had a very brief general phone conversation with Dr. Cooley. I guess he doesn't need any further guidance for his "Clinical Study"

Default Hitzig

With the amount of cloning that goes on with the implementation of the Acell/PRP/Needling could you estimate that 500 grafts looks more like a transplant of 1000 grafts or more? There are claims that it's 3 hairs to every 1 implanted, is this empirical data or documented hair counts? I feel like if you are really getting so much more hair than is actually transplanted it's time for me to take the plunge, I'm going to wait to see the pictures and the results that come over the next few months but I'm hoping this new type of procedure comes to fruition sooner than anticipated. Thanks for working so hard and responding to these posts. I want to tell you hair loss is extremely difficult to deal with as I'm sure you know and I myself and I assume many others are immensely grateful for your work.

I met Dr Rassman about ten years ago. At the time he was very enthusiastic about larger transplant sessions , he showed me a patient in surgery who was having a session of about 3000 grafts .Not many Drs could do this back then , however Dr Rassman` embraced` the technology / procedure and offered it to his patients to limit the amount of procedures they may need .

I would find it strange being the type of Dr that he is , that he would dismiss any new technology that could be of benefit to his patients .

Perhaps he feels that the long term results of (acell /plucking remain`unknown ` and is taking a cautious approach .
    Regards

Ejj

Lets be honest, at the moment we have no proof from Dr Hitzig.

If anyone has learnt anything about hairloss, it is that you should treat pretty much everything as utter BS until you see it with your own eyes.

Dont believe it until your see it.

Default Disunity

Thank you Dr Hitzig for taking the time to respond.

It confirms what I can see as an outsider looking in. The HT industry as it currently stands is very fragmented, disorganised and because of this will be too slow to adapt come the change in business conditions in the hair multiplication era possibly 2014-15. Im sure the industry and hair loss sufferers appreciates the work that yourself and Dr Cooley have done regarding the auto cloning concept as well as what Dr Rassman and Dr Bernstien are doing to prove the concept actually works, however I would be suprised if you guys alone without large R&D budgets would be able to develop it as a stong alternative product in the short time that remains. You need a coordinated approach with the collective assistance from many clinics to chip in some time and effort to help build a successful product. Lets face it, keloid scar repairs is not going to be a clinics "killer" product that keeps the business in the black.

Does every clinic need to reinvent the wheel ?
    If the concept is proved, who will be working towards making the extraction process of plucked hair cost and time efficent, less labour intensive, high yields, high density, etc and finally developing the standards that allow every clinic to replicate the process 100% of the time. If clinics are doing this indepedently possibly someone might have a product ready for marekt in 2020 which should have been ready by 2013.

Clinics are already well aware that HM developers already have a strategy to distribute their HM devices outside the tradition hair restortion channels, that alone should be an industry warning sign. As they say in politics, "Disunity is Death".

Cheers