+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by oppenheimer82 View Post
    Hey, you stole my line!
    mahahaha yeah I thought it was a good post (nice to see some common sense for a change) thought 2 forums would be better than one.

Pentarou,
    1)The swiis/japanese company product manager approached me for mini clinical trial of their topical CG210 alone or in conjunction with oral or topical finasteride foam.They provided me with few samples.
    Can only tell about it's efficacy after using the same.
    2)P-3074 a topical 0.25%finasteride with special delivery vehicle called HYDROXYPROPYL CHITOSAN(HPCH),a film forming agent,with single daily topical dosage showed reduction in scalpDHT by 71.2% as against oral finasteride which showed reduction of scalp DHT by 51.1% with equal period of therapy.
    With Annika Vogt coming up with nano particulate and virus like targetted delivery vehicles(to every aspect of follicle ,including stemcells)..oral finasteride will be in the grave yard soon..and it's systemic sexual side effects could be avoided.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pentarou View Post
    Dr Nigam, has there been any signs at the congress that any business attending is likely to launch any new anti-hairloss products, however minor, in the next 5 years or less?

Dr Nigam we really apreciate your effort,

we all thank you , we hope we ll talk about these in detail soon

Quote Originally Posted by drnigams View Post
    Pentarou,
    1)The swiis/japanese company product manager approached me for mini clinical trial of their topical CG210 alone or in conjunction with oral or topical finasteride foam.They provided me with few samples.
    Can only tell about it's efficacy after using the same.
    2)P-3074 a topical 0.25%finasteride with special delivery vehicle called HYDROXYPROPYL CHITOSAN(HPCH),a film forming agent,with single daily topical dosage showed reduction in scalpDHT by 71.2% as against oral finasteride which showed reduction of scalp DHT by 51.1% with equal period of therapy.
    With Annika Vogt coming up with nano particulate and virus like targetted delivery vehicles(to every aspect of follicle ,including stemcells)..oral finasteride will be in the grave yard soon..and it's systemic sexual side effects could be avoided.
    As always, you're exaggerating things. Sure, nanoparticle assisted drug delivery is going to be one of the biggest pharma breakthroughs of this decennium but not 'soon' as in next year. Very interesting progress is currently being made, one of the biggest concerns of course was the toxicity, so bio-degradability is key and just yesterday this awesome news came out: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0507115506.htm however research here is still pre-clinical. By the time nano particle assisted drug delivery is a main stream thing, we'll hopefully have a real cure like Team Tokyo's available as well.

Of course toxicity in case of fina load is not that much of an issue but still, if the biodegredability kinetics aren't right, it's not going to improve things

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    As always, you're exaggerating things. Sure, nanoparticle assisted drug delivery is going to be one of the biggest pharma breakthroughs of this decennium but not 'soon' as in next year. Very interesting progress is currently being made, one of the biggest concerns of course was the toxicity of the particles, so bio-degradability is key and just yesterday this awesome news came out: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0507115506.htm however research here is still pre-clinical. By the time nano particle assisted drug delivery is a main stream thing, we'll hopefully have a real cure like Team Tokyo's available as well.
    The nanotech you're thinking of is the Star Trek whacko science.

The nanotech these biotechnology professionals are talking about are the same technology they currently use in a number of skin creams such as most famously sun lotion which reduces systemic absorbtion/side effects.

Whats the point?

Arashi,
    Believe me, i am not talking about nano particulate delivery alone..but also iontophoresis and other mechanism of skin permeation to deliver and keep local concentrations of finasteride at the scalp...yes nano particulate will take time for it's biodegradable factor and permeation beyond into the tissues of dermis...
    As always, you're exaggerating things. Sure, nanoparticle assisted drug delivery is going to be one of the biggest pharma breakthroughs of this decennium but not 'soon' as in next year. Very interesting progress is currently being made, one of the biggest concerns of course was the toxicity of the particles, so bio-degradability is key and just yesterday this awesome news came out: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0507115506.htm however research here is still pre-clinical. By the time nano particle assisted drug delivery is a main stream thing, we'll hopefully have a real cure like Team Tokyo's available as well.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    The nanotech you're thinking of is the Star Trek whacko science.

The nanotech these biotechnology professionals are talking about are the same technology they currently use in a number of skin creams such as most famously sun lotion which reduces systemic absorbtion/side effects.
    What do you mean ? The nano particles guide drug to a specific target and degrade there, releasing their load (fina in this case), to lower side effects of the drug. Not sure what you mean ?

Quote Originally Posted by drnigams View Post
    Arashi,
    Believe me, i am not talking about nano particulate delivery alone..but also iontophoresis and other mechanism of skin permeation to deliver and keep local concentrations of finasteride at the scalp...yes nano particulate will take time for it's biodegradable factor and permeation beyond into the tissues of dermis...
    Ok. Anyway thanks for sharing info from the conference here, that's much appreciated and certainly nice to see you do that.

What do you mean ? The nano particles guide drug to a specific target and degrade there, releasing their load (fina in this case), to lower side effects of the drug. Not sure what you mean ?
    You're talking about a completely different strand of nanotechnology - clearly you dont understand the difference, I'm not expecting someone to inject me with finasteride and then have it delivered by a microscopic robot as a payload to each of my hair follicles. Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    You're talking about a completely different strand of nanotechnology - clearly you dont understand the difference, I'm not expecting someone who inject me with finasteride and then have it delivered by a microscopic robot as a payload to each of my hair follicles. Jesus Christ.
    I think you're confusing stuff. Nanoparticles are not robots. They're just a 'vehicle' that can bind to a certain target.