+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    hmmm, as long as Arashi gets regularly analyzable high quality photos from Kristel (donor as well as recipient photos) - no problem at all.

But let me guess - good quality BEFORE photos will be missing - if they really did a test-procedure at all ...
    It'll be up to Arashi to provide the pics. I hope these pull through.

Sorry guys been busy travelling. I think i have good news. Will update soon hopefully later today

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Sorry guys been busy travelling. I think i have good news. Will update soon hopefully later today
    Good to hear Looking forward to the update

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    Good to hear Looking forward to the update
    Ok. Surgery took place wednesday as planned. 51 grafts were taken, 23 singles, 16 doubles and 2 triplets. This time microscopic photo's were made, there was also a camera crew present who made video's AND a professional photographer was present who shot photo's too. Obviously HASCI wanted to get it right time Kristel asked me to come by on day 2 but it was difficult for me due a very busy time with travelling etc so I missed that, but they've shot photo's of day 2 as well.

Everything will be delivered to them on a DVD and once they have it I'll get the material too and post it here.

Ok. Surgery took place wednesday as planned. 51 grafts were taken,

- 23 singles,
    - 16 doubles and
    - 2 triplets.
    Could you please ask Kristel 2 extremely simple questions?

Question #1:
    What the ****ing hell is the reason for 23 singles??????????????

When you look at this photo ...
    http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12798063.jpg

...within the test-area (where you can see the 51 extractions) - there are still plenty of 2-hair grafts (even some 3-hair grafts) left. So why did she extract 23 singles instead of the remaining 2-hair grafts? The characteristics of the hairs as well as the configuration of most of the grafts in this test candidate's donor area, isn't even "complicated"; that means looks like "typical Caucasian standard" with rather fine and straight hair and not thick curly hair or something.

Question #2:
    HOW, in fact, does she extract SINGLE GRAFTS at all?????

Let me guess:
    These singles look like those grafts ...

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12643640.jpg

... as you can see them in the section "1".

Because this "special extraction technique" for singles would be the only way for regeneration of both (visible) hairs in the donor area, as well as the desired growth of a single hair (eventually 2-hair graft!) in the recipient area.
    In this case, the 2nd HAIR SHAFT serves just as guide for the needle (and cuts the 2nd hair-guide-shaft simply off after around 2-3 mm), to get the essential follcle parts for the single hair, but leaves also sufficient follicle tissue behind for regeneration of both hairs in the donor area.

Nice pictures Definitely good enough for an analysis.

Hopefully they took a before picture also.

Ok. Surgery took place wednesday as planned. 51 grafts were taken, 23 singles, 16 doubles and 2 triplets. This time microscopic photo's were made, there was also a camera crew present who made video's AND a professional photographer was present who shot photo's too. Obviously HASCI wanted to get it right time Kristel asked me to come by on day 2 but it was difficult for me due a very busy time with travelling etc so I missed that, but they've shot photo's of day 2 as well.

Everything will be delivered to them on a DVD and once they have it I'll get the material too and post it here.
    Excellent mate. I'm curious as to why they extract almost 50% of the grafts as singles. I clearly remember IronMan saying they don't extract singles.

Regarding Ironmans 'Guess' on his theory:
    "Because this "special extraction technique" for singles would be the only way for regeneration of both (visible) hairs in the donor area, as well as the desired growth of a single hair (eventually 2-hair graft!) in the recipient area.
    In this case, the 2nd HAIR SHAFT serves just as guide for the needle (and cuts the 2nd hair-guide-shaft simply off after around 2-3 mm), to get the essential follcle parts for the single hair, but leaves also sufficient follicle tissue behind for regeneration of both hairs in the donor area."

If that's the case, then there is nothing to worry about, but I highly doubt that the single hair graft in the recipient will 'eventually' become a 2 hair graft. I kind of understand iron mans reasoning on why it would/might become a 2 hair graft, but if it was to become a 2 hair graft, then why do they bother calling them singles?

I think we definitely need to put these questions to Kristel.

Well, I translated Kristel's words as single, double and tripples, but maybe a better translation would be: grafts with just one, two or three 'roots'. I think the petridish would look pretty much alike the one from James bald and we'll see often times for the 'one root' grafts that it consists out of 2 hairs, where one got transected.

However please note that this is just my own speculation. We'll get the pictures hopefully soon (once HASCI gets them from their professional photographer) and then we can analyse the pre-op situation and if there are questions thereafter, I'll be happy to forward them to Kristel.

Also something Kristel mailed me a few days ago but I haven't placed here yet, is that James Bald also returned several days after the procedure and it turned out that quite a few of the 'singles' actually grew as double in the recipient.

Anyway, that's what this whole test is about. Comparing the before and after photo's with the recipient. And given the fact that they have so much material now, also shot by professionals, I feel confident we'll soon know all we want to know.