Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • depressed17
    • May 2010

Replicel

This stuff sounds amazing. Sorry if it's been posted already but its definitely worth being posted again ! The human trails have already began December last year.
  • UK Boy
    • Apr 2011

Replicel was Trichoscience so it has been talked about but it's still good stuff

Comment

• UK_
      • Feb 2011

I was going to post this yesterday also:

RepliCel is a regenerative medicine company developing autologous cell therapies to treat conditions linked to a deficit of healthy cells required for normal healing and function.

Looks pretty good.

Comment

• UK_
        • Feb 2011

RepliCel’s pre-clinical studies have demonstrated that cultured dermal sheath cup cells are capable of directly reconstituting the dermal papilla (DP) and promoting the development of mature hair follicles. During these studies, dermal sheath cup cells migrated into pre-existing hair papilla and also formed completely new hair follicles
        Interesting, as opposed to Intercytex that went head-on into replicating DP cells, it seems Replicel are trying a far different strategy by building the follicle from the ground up by multiplying and injecting dermal sheath cup (DSC) cells, and it has shown to be effective in mouse model, i'd love to hear Spencer have an interview with a representative of Replicel after the completion of Phase I/II or even before!

Comment

• petewete
          • Mar 2011

This looks awesome! Does anybody know when/if the results of the Phase 1 trials will be released. Also, this looks like a European company, do things move faster there?

Comment

• Mojo Risin
            • Mar 2011

It's a Canadian company, they're in Vancouver.

Comment

• KeepHoping
              • Dec 2010

Do you guys think this is the real deal? Their staff has fantastic credentials and their website is nicely presented.

Comment

• UK_
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by KeepHoping
                Do you guys think this is the real deal? Their staff has fantastic credentials and their website is nicely presented.
                I believe companies like this are totally legit, they are registered companies, have credible researchers, investors, FDA trials etc - its companies like Bioregenerative Sciences and the producers of CyGenX that really piss me off.

Comment

• Flowers
                  • Feb 2011

This does seem very exciting have they given a timetable on anything yet?

Comment

• Latitude
                    • Apr 2011

Update from RepliCel..

Comment

• UK_
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Latitude
                      "RepliCel’s hair-cell replacement procedure is now undergoing further rigorous study to determine effectiveness. The first human clinical trials (Phase I/IIa) began in Europe in December 2010. Canadian clinical trials are planned for 2012, with further European trials to follow."

So phase II starts in January im guessing - still - this one seems a long way off.

I wonder if they can scrape under Aderans' timeline and beat them to market before 2014, the first company to get to market with something like this will blow the industry away.

Comment

• Flowers
                        • Feb 2011

They said final data analysis is Q3 2011. So thats a little over 2 years from now. We'll see....

Comment

• CVAZBAR
                          • Dec 2010

This is also promising. Wouldn't it be great if we knew that this worked perfectly with fantastic results. Even if it was 3-4 years away, I would be much relaxed. I would be very happy waiting for this to come out.

Comment

• CAlex
                            • Feb 2011

this definitely looks to be a long ways away before it hits market. neither this or histogen have even begun trials, doesnt this mean that the earliest these treatments could get released is like 2017 ? I am always confused by people saying crazy 2 years release dates because dont trials take many years?

Comment

• wilymon
                              • May 2011

wow, this is great! but I wonder how much it'll cost...

Comment

Working...