• 03-30-2014 07:49 PM
    HumanNature
    Hair loss best thing that ever happened to me.
    Hi guys, I want to share a positive story with you.

This time last year I was a ****ing mess. Like, ready to hurl my ass of a damn bridge. I was 22 when I got my long hair cut and realised I was going bald. Not just a little, I was pretty far gone, my long hair had been covering it up. I spend nearly a full year wearing a hat every single day and hating it, putting that hat on was like stepping into a little prison cell.

I went through the five stages of grief just like anyone does, but I woke up one day and realised that I just didn't care anymore. So over the summer break from college, I decided that I was going to change. I educated myself on bodybuilding and sports nutrition and started weightlifting. I threw out a load of my old badly fitting clothes and started building a wardrobe of slick, quality gear that complimented my natural assets (height, broad shoulders, ect). Then, when the time was right, I grabbed the clippers and shaved that bitch.

Now, a year later, I'm 210 lbs of lean muscle, dressed sharp as hell head to toe with some designer stubble and a shaved head and ironically, I get more women now than I ever did. I'm walking around like a ****ing beast and feeling like a marine or something. Losing my hair was the best thing that ever happened to me because now I'm a superior man in every way.

The best part is it was easy!

I hope this makes you feel better, and inspires you to confront it head on.
  • 03-30-2014 09:42 PM
    Notcoolanymore
    I for one feel better.
  • 03-30-2014 11:04 PM
    redy
    how tall are you by the way?

210 is pretty good man, good for you.

I'm 6'4 and trying my hardest to break through the 200 wall.

Also, what do you mean by clothing that compliments, as I'm assuming I'm pretty similar looking.
  • 03-31-2014 08:06 AM
    35YrsAfter
    Quote:

Originally Posted by HumanNature View Post
    Hi guys, I want to share a positive story with you.

Thanks for the positive post.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
  • 03-31-2014 10:02 AM
    HumanNature
    Quote:

Originally Posted by redy View Post
    how tall are you by the way?

210 is pretty good man, good for you.

I'm 6'4 and trying my hardest to break through the 200 wall.

Also, what do you mean by clothing that compliments, as I'm assuming I'm pretty similar looking.

I'm 1.89, whatever that is in feet.

With the clothes I mean I used to wear these cheap jeans from supermarkets, old Metallica t-shirts, stuff a teenager would wear. I scrapped that shit and raided Denim and Supply's clearance sale. Some quality jeans, hoodies, jackets, a few t-shirts. Everything fitted, wide-neck. If you're tall and slender, you want to emphasise that, make your ass look like a damn swimmer or something.
  • 03-31-2014 10:58 AM
    Dan26
    atta boy brother you defeated MPB you are a savage brah!
  • 03-31-2014 01:38 PM
    PatientlyWaiting
    There's a first time for everything. This is the first time I read any one say that hair loss was the best thing that happened to them. My head feels like it is about to explode.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience. I will guess 1.89 meters which translates to 6' 2" in foot. Hopefully those who are 6' + and balding here can follow your instructions. Unfortunately us short one's got the short end of the stick in both height and hair. I think even if you are 5' 9" - 5' 11" you are a pretty good height. I am only 5' 8".
  • 03-31-2014 01:48 PM
    HumanNature
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    There's a first time for everything. This is the first time I read any one say that hair loss was the best thing that happened to them. My head feels like it is about to explode.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience. I will guess 1.89 meters which translates to 6' 2" in foot. Hopefully those who are 6' + and balding here can follow your instructions. Unfortunately us short one's got the short end of the stick in both height and hair. I think even if you are 5' 9" - 5' 11" you are a pretty good height. I am only 5' 8".

I might be quite tall, but I'm an ugly Ron Perlman-looking bitch. That shit doesn't matter. I tell you what really made the difference...neck. It came as a surprise to me too, but women can't seem to get enough of a thick neck on a dude. I got myself a head brace off Ebay for about 7 buck, use it every second day to thicken my shit up.

I'll tell you something else, don't be hiding it. A man openly displaying a shaved head because he's going on top just drips confidence, that 'I don't give a ****, it takes more than that to take me out of the game' kind of confidence.

What would a pretty little piece rather have? Some doughy bitch who can't run for a bus with a full head of hair, or an alpha as **** buzz cut who can pump her into the next world?
  • 03-31-2014 02:02 PM
    PatientlyWaiting
    Quote:

I might be quite tall, but I'm an ugly Ron Perlman-looking bitch. That shit doesn't matter. I tell you what really made the difference...neck. It came as a surprise to me too, but women can't seem to get enough of a thick neck on a dude. I got myself a head brace off Ebay for about 7 buck, use it every second day to thicken my shit up.

I'll tell you something else, don't be hiding it. A man openly displaying a shaved head because he's going on top just drips confidence, that 'I don't give a ****, it takes more than that to take me out of the game' kind of confidence.

What would a pretty little piece rather have? Some doughy bitch who can't run for a bus with a full head of hair, or an alpha as **** buzz cut who can pump her into the next world?

Depends on your age. Older women don't care. If you are a balding teen-early 20s, females are still mostly shallow at those ages. It's not just black and white, alpha, beta, confidence and all that macho man talk. There's a lot of factors, looks being the most important.
  • 03-31-2014 02:45 PM
    redy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Depends on your age. Older women don't care. If you are a balding teen-early 20s, females are still mostly shallow at those ages. It's not just black and white, alpha, beta, confidence and all that macho man talk. There's a lot of factors, looks being the most important.

He's still mostly right for 20's...

A lot of girls obviously have that wall up because they are getting approached and whatever and form a filter, being hair or no hair or voice or height or anything really. You know right away if you got caught in their filter.

Most girls are going to say they want a guy that can be a guy- protect them and stuff. That doesn't mean you need to be an alpha douchebag, because only a few like that because they hate themselves.

I also know of some pretty girls who are dating bald/balding dudes who don't seem to care about their hairloss outwardly, who could easily get "full hair" dudes.

It's just getting over the hill, I think there's a point where you need to just get rid of your "rope back" with long hair, or hats or concealers, or whatever and just jump into the water like this guy did, and just know that it's going to work out because what else are you going to do, drown? I already told myself that the second I graduate in 2 months or so, I will buzz my head down if I haven't done it already. It's just time.
  • 03-31-2014 02:49 PM
    baldozer
    Quote:

I agree, a thick neck reeks alphaness. Unfortunately, I don't have a thick neck :(.
  • 03-31-2014 06:35 PM
    Notcoolanymore
    Quote:

Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    I agree, a thick neck reeks alphaness. Unfortunately, I don't have a thick neck :(.

I don't have a thick neck and don't want a thick neck. It is all a matter of preference some girls will be into that sort of thing, some will not. If you have the body to go with it, then a thick neck would probably look good. If you are in good shape, but on the slim side(like I am), it would just look ridiculous.
  • 03-31-2014 06:48 PM
    Notcoolanymore
    Quote:

It's just getting over the hill, I think there's a point where you need to just get rid of your "rope back" with long hair, or hats or concealers, or whatever and just jump into the water like this guy did, and just know that it's going to work out because what else are you going to do, drown? I already told myself that the second I graduate in 2 months or so, I will buzz my head down if I haven't done it already. It's just time.

I buzzed my head pretty much out of necessity about 8 years ago. It was a big change for me as I always had at least 3 inches of hair on the top of my head. The recession just got to the point to where I thought it looked like crap growing it out. I would rather buzz my head and be unsatisfied with my hairstyle, than grow it out and look ridiculous.
  • 03-31-2014 10:54 PM
    HumanNature
    Quote:

The neck responds incredibly well to training. It honestly took me about six weeks to go from a pencil neck to damn near Kurt Angle. I was doing big compound lifts too which probably contributed, but still.

Should probably stop talking about weight training, this ain't BB.com!
  • 04-01-2014 03:17 PM
    mmmcoffee
    Being on the shorter end of the stick is unfortunate, it hurts your chances with a lot of women. I don't fault women for looking passed me for being shorter or going bald, it's their prerogative. That being said I know it's more in my head, my women troubles that is, just not being confident enough.

The thing with mpb is it's a slow change to your body. With the stages of grieving I think acceptance can only truly come once you're in your final form. So you can never truly accept balding until you've reached your terminal norwood, in my opinion at least. I can accept at this point being a diffuse NW3. But I will progress to a NW4 someday and will start the cycle of grieving all over again...
  • 04-01-2014 05:54 PM
    HumanNature
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmcoffee View Post
    Being on the shorter end of the stick is unfortunate, it hurts your chances with a lot of women. I don't fault women for looking passed me for being shorter or going bald, it's their prerogative. That being said I know it's more in my head, my women troubles that is, just not being confident enough.

The thing with mpb is it's a slow change to your body. With the stages of grieving I think acceptance can only truly come once you're in your final form. So you can never truly accept balding until you've reached your terminal norwood, in my opinion at least. I can accept at this point being a diffuse NW3. But I will progress to a NW4 someday and will start the cycle of grieving all over again...

Ok, let me drop the funny shit for a second.

It is a slow change, and some might stop with some thinning while others progress to complete baldness. It happens, it happens to 70% of men, 40% before thirty, thus classifying it perfectly normal.

I experienced the five stages too, except I skipped denial because there was no denying my bald patch by the time I discovered it! I ended up at acceptance pretty quick though, after I looked back on my track record and realised that I knew what was going to happen.

With everything in my life I have ever worried or stressed or got myself worked up into a state over, I realised long after, once I had some perspective, that it was trivial and didn't matter nearly as much as I thought it did. From college, to job interviews, to relationships. I decided to learn from my own mistakes and not let myself worry and stress and get worked up over this, knowing from past history that I'd look back on this with the same attitude at some point down the line.

It was then that I decided to start bettering other aspects of my life; my appearance, my clothes, my body, my skills and abilities. And do you know where I got that idea? Right here. Guys here in this forum gave me the idea of improving everything else about me.

It doesn't matter if you're 6'2" or 5'6", there are petite girls out there under five feet tall. It doesn't matter if you're thinning a bit or turning into Patrick Stewart, one thing I can promise you is it will be worse on you if you let it consume you and stop caring about yourself, and you will regret it so much a few years down the line when you realise you sabotaged the best years of your life because of something over which you had no control.

Stop finding an excuse to shoot down every positive message, stop comparing yourself to the norwood scale. I don't even know what that is! And I don't want to know.

So we don't have hair? So what. It doesn't make the man. I'm in the process of proving that, and you can too.
  • 04-01-2014 06:26 PM
    mmmcoffee
    Agreed man. I've realized that I think for the most part. I don't let it hold me back from enjoying life and I'm gonna buzz my head soon. I said that before last summer but never did. This year I'm traveling in brazil for 3 weeks so I'm almost forced to.

I know bald or not I will find a lady eventually and I know my friends wouldn't make fun of me, half of them are balding anyway.
  • 04-01-2014 07:22 PM
    deuce
    I think bald men look weird. Just me though. I am sure some women really do not care, and like the bald look. I cannot get use to it. My head has bumps in it.
  • 04-02-2014 02:59 AM
    Notcoolanymore
    HumanNature, very good post.
  • 04-02-2014 07:18 AM
    35YrsAfter
    Quote:

The neck responds incredibly well to training. It honestly took me about six weeks to go from a pencil neck to damn near Kurt Angle.

Old-time wrestler, Freddie Blassie was a huge proponent of neck improvement. This VIDEO says it all. :)

Chuck
  • 04-06-2014 01:35 PM
    NotBelievingIt
    Bald men look "weird" when they have the clear top of head thin/gone sections and allow the remaining to grow out, marking a clear difference between hair and no hair. THAT looks "funny"

If you get to that stage, you really need to either get rid of it all, or keep it buzzed, real short weekly or bi-weekly.
  • 04-06-2014 05:55 PM
    Notcoolanymore
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    Bald men look "weird" when they have the clear top of head thin/gone sections and allow the remaining to grow out, marking a clear difference between hair and no hair. THAT looks "funny"

If you get to that stage, you really need to either get rid of it all, or keep it buzzed, real short weekly or bi-weekly.

I agree, that is why I keep mine buzzed. If I can get it to thicken a decent amount I may experiment a bit, but at this point it would just look bad.
  • 04-07-2014 01:33 AM
    akai
    Quote:

Both can do fine, but a guy with a good head of hair and an attractive face will never have a problem getting laid as long as he doesn't get fat.
  • 04-07-2014 07:34 AM
    35YrsAfter
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by akai View Post
    Both can do fine, but a guy with a good head of hair and an attractive face will never have a problem getting laid as long as he doesn't get fat.

Pretty much universal... Women hate the beer gut on a man like most men are turned off by rhino haunches on a woman.

forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011
  • 04-07-2014 08:23 AM
    redy
    Quote:

I'm highly introverted and always have been. I would almost never approach girls anywhere unless they made it painfully obvious that they wanted me to.. I'm pretty sure I would be considered attractive but wouldn't consider myself to do all that well with girls/women/females - unless I know them. There is no black and white to this stuff. It's crazy easy to just think "well shit if I had hair I'd be knee deep in women" instead of actually going out and doing what you can with what you have.
  • 04-07-2014 08:32 AM
    baldozer
    Quote:

The problem is that women find very few men attractive. I read a scientific study which found out that men find most of the women attractive, while women only found few men attractive, like less than 20% or so. So, women even find most of men with hair unattractive.
  • 04-07-2014 09:51 AM
    35YrsAfter
    Quote:

The problem is that women find very few men attractive. I read a scientific study which found out that men find most of the women attractive, while women only found few men attractive, like less than 20% or so. So, women even find most of men with hair unattractive.

I think men need to be reminded of this. Women seem to like a timid, out of shape wimpy guy, the least. There really are only a small percentage of men that are genuinely good looking. Many women I have met complain, the good looking men can often be egocentric, insensitive, and unfaithful.

forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011
  • 04-07-2014 12:33 PM
    baldozer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    I think men need to be reminded of this. Women seem to like a timid, out of shape wimpy guy, the least. There really are only a small percentage of men that are genuinely good looking. Many women I have met complain, the good looking men can often be egocentric, insensitive, and unfaithful.

forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011

Of course, when a man would get a lot of female attention, he would obviously become arrogant. Its because its very rare for a man to be attractive to women, so those who are, can consider themselves to be very lucky. However, as much as women hate such men after being dumped by them, they would always be attracted to those guys first. That is why you would often read women saying how looks are so unimportant, and then they would go on to tell you how they dated a very handsome guy and he turned out to be an asshole and such. Its the same story for most women. Only after being dumped by such alpha males, those women would start looking for a so called nice guy with money. That is why many men nowadays consider marriage to be a lose lose situation, as they know that a woman can't ever be genuinely attracted to a beta male. And don't believe a woman when she says that looks are unimportant. Its very very important for them.
  • 04-07-2014 01:42 PM
    35YrsAfter
    Quote:

Of course, when a man would get a lot of female attention, he would obviously become arrogant. Its because its very rare for a man to be attractive to women, so those who are, can consider themselves to be very lucky. However, as much as women hate such men after being dumped by them, they would always be attracted to those guys first. That is why you would often read women saying how looks are so unimportant, and then they would go on to tell you how they dated a very handsome guy and he turned out to be an asshole and such. Its the same story for most women. Only after being dumped by such alpha males, those women would start looking for a so called nice guy with money. That is why many men nowadays consider marriage to be a lose lose situation, as they know that a woman can't ever be genuinely attracted to a beta male. And don't believe a woman when she says that looks are unimportant. Its very very important for them.

When I was in my late twenties and looking thin on top, I did commonly get the cold treatment from women my age. In my own experience, women past 30, seem more concerned about their own looks and less determined to land the trophy face man. 35 can be a humbling age for many women where the grey hairs, wrinkles and assorted sags begin to set in. Around 35, the bald guy with money, self confidence and a solid physique begins looking pretty good to them.

Chuck
  • 04-07-2014 01:55 PM
    baldozer
    Quote:

When I was in my late twenties and looking thin on top, I did commonly get the cold treatment from women my age. In my own experience, women past 30, seem more concerned about their own looks and less determined to land the trophy face man. 35 can be a humbling age for many women where the grey hairs, wrinkles and assorted sags begin to set in. Around 35, the bald guy with money, self confidence and a solid physique begins looking pretty good to them.

Chuck

Seriously, who cares and wants to be with women over 35, who have had 40 boyfriends before! And women over 35 are reproductively senile anyway. Men generally want to stay away from them.
  • 04-08-2014 05:43 AM
    redy
    this thread went from uplifting to degrading in the blink of an eye, so just like most threads
  • 04-08-2014 06:27 AM
    35YrsAfter
    Quote:

Seriously, who cares and wants to be with women over 35, who have had 40 boyfriends before! And women over 35 are reproductively senile anyway. Men generally want to stay away from them.

When I was 28, I had a girlfriend who told me she had over 100 previous boyfriends. She seemed proud of that but I certainly wasn't impressed.

When you get to be my age 35 is young! When I was 21, 30 seemed old. Cougars and Sugar Daddies are a minority. I remember meeting a guy years ago who was 21, married to a lady in her forties. Not something I would not want to do.

To answer your question; Who cares and wants to be with women over 35? A man past 35.

forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011
  • 04-08-2014 08:22 AM
    Notcoolanymore
    Quote:

Difference between a top notch woman and a hood rat right there. Top notch 35 year old hasn't been around the block 50x, and still is in better shape than most 25 year olds. The dusty, nasty, used up 35 year olds are the ones baldozer is speaking of. I avoid those women like the plague, so should all of you.
  • 04-08-2014 10:33 AM
    akai
    Quote:

Chuck

LMAO, reminds me of this Louis CK bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohbv6haI1aQ

Men with options date younger. If you're 35 with money, confidence, and a great physique you're a fool to be dating 35+ year old women.
  • 04-16-2014 05:30 PM
    burtandernie
    I respect the iron men that can ignore watching their looks fade away one day at a time because they are stronger then I am. The more important you hair was to your looks I think plays a part in how hard it affects someone. I want my hair and I could give a crap less if I have money, girls or whatever else.
  • 04-16-2014 06:41 PM
    Notcoolanymore
    Quote:

Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I respect the iron men that can ignore watching their looks fade away one day at a time because they are stronger then I am. The more important you hair was to your looks I think plays a part in how hard it affects someone. I want my hair and I could give a crap less if I have money, girls or whatever else.

This is the case for me too. For me it is all about looking in the mirror and liking what I see. Everything else is secondary. If somebody can shave their head and look in the mirror and be fine with it, then great, continue to do it. It just isn't for me at this point.
  • 04-16-2014 09:09 PM
    redy
    Why else would you want your hair?

If you thought you looked good without hair and thought you wouldn't have a problem getting those things, right?

Are you genuinely saying that you only care about your hair because it makes you think you look better, regardless of how other people see you?

step 1, hair ---> step 2, getting those things??

If I thought I didn't need my hair to get those things, I wouldn't give a shit about my hair...
  • 04-16-2014 09:44 PM
    Notcoolanymore
    Quote:

Why else would you want your hair?

If you thought you looked good without hair and thought you wouldn't have a problem getting those things, right?

Are you genuinely saying that you only care about your hair because it makes you think you look better, regardless of how other people see you?

step 1, hair ---> step 2, getting those things??

If I thought I didn't need my hair to get those things, I wouldn't give a shit about my hair...

That is exactly what I am saying. When I started losing my hair, I was in a long term relationship so my first thought wasn't "oh my god, I will never get laid again".

Suppose you had everything: great job, hot wife, etc. Would you really not give a crap if you looked like shit? I think you would. I definitely would. I have a decent amount of success in my life and an attractive wife, but I am still on this site. Why, because I want to do whatever I can to always try to look my best. I am not going to preach to you guys and say that looks don't matter, because I don't believe that. With that being said being bald doesn't guarantee you will not be able to succeed in life, unless you decide to let that happen.
  • 04-17-2014 04:48 AM
    Hicks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Suppose you had everything: great job, hot wife, etc. Would you really not give a crap if you looked like shit? I think you would. I definitely would.

This reminds me of Wes Welker.

no doubt hair loss is embarrassing and so is sloppy cloths and being overweight. I'm glad it's working for you humanNature.

You're right about appearance. Think of The Rock not famous and wearing gangster cloths. Speaking of, you guys need to follow him on Twitter, dude is funny.
  • 04-17-2014 10:50 AM
    redy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Suppose you had everything: great job, hot wife, etc. Would you really not give a crap if you looked like shit?

I take incredible care of myself, at least long-term.

Of course I over-drink every now and then, etc, sometimes I put on a little bit of fat before I notice it, but shit man. If I could just buzz my head and nobody would think twice about it, I'd be so happy with myself... Sure, I love hair - my hair was awesome before it started thinning in the sense of texture, color, etc. But other than something for my to style, it's not who I am. I am the buzzed hair.. But my receding hairline and forehead disagree lately, which is why I had to stop.

I was blessed with height, facial structure that most anyone would consider me at least decent looking, textbook bone structure, a pretty well proportioned body with low body fat. I'm at a top university and about to finish well. I feel like I'm interesting, fun loving, I enjoy long walks on the beach, etc.

What I'm trying to say is that I am very happy with myself other than my hair.

I was not blessed with lasting hair, which seems like the end of my world to me. I am very thankful for what I have, and lucky that I have been able to be comfortable with myself until last year.

Of course I will stay on meds to keep what I have, but I can't deal with being afraid of wind and sweat. I feel like half of a person. I'm emotionally depressed, and I hate it. I like myself, a lot - I am just afraid that other people won't like me any more if I don't fit their perception of what I should look like. I am afraid that girls I am attracted to will no longer be attracted to me - I don't think that it's anywhere near fair that people associate baldness with laziness. I'm in the gym almost every damn day, I'm not lazy. I'm just unlucky with the genetics. If one girl came up to me and told me she didn't give a shit if I had hair, I wouldn't have hair within the hour.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By gisecit34
Today 03:16 AM
How do project management consulting firms manage?
10-12-2023 06:15 AM
Last Post By annastark
05-09-2024 09:19 PM
How we do hairline femininization with interview Dr. Lindsey
05-09-2024 07:33 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
05-09-2024 07:33 AM