Clear All
  • DAVE52
    • Sep 2010

My scar ( after 12 yrs )

How bad do U tyhink my scar is
    Today I buzzed to 1 .5 guard
  • Still-Researching
    • Feb 2010

It is always easier when it is not your own head, but it looks ok.

Especially considering it is a 12 yr old scar - it actually is a very fine scar - I am sure a ton of people with scars from that time would switch with you in a heartbeat. Guess if you cut it with a grade 3 clipper on the sides and 1.5 on top, it would look great... have you tried it?

FUE in the scar is expensive - but could probably improve it further, but not sure it is worth the hassle and the money.

Your head looks great for the short haircut. Keep smiling...

Comment

• DAVE52
      • Sep 2010

I use to do a 2 guard all over and the scar didn't show through
      I am off work for a week so I decided to try the 1.5
      Now it's a matter if I can live the way it is or let it grow back to the 2
      Im not sure a 1.5 on top and 2 on the sides would look good
      Barber says sides need to eb shorter than the top , but I can ask

And yea I had oen fellow who shaved his head e-mail me a pic of his scar
      It goes from ear to ear and is probbaly 1 / 4 wide all the way round

Thanks for the comments

Comment

• Gandolf
        • Sep 2011

I was expecting much worse after reading some of yoru previous posts.

Comment

• clandestine
          • Aug 2011

Not too bad, mate. Go shorter even, if you feel like it.

Comment

• fab
            • Mar 2012

hey DAVE52, how many HT did you have? where is your recipient area, where the grafts were transplanted? have you considered another HT, FUE?

Comment

• DAVE52
              • Sep 2010

One = 12 yrs ago
              Front 1/3 to 1/2
              No = no more
              If I had the balls i should have buzzed io all off 12 years ago ( but alas I didn't have the balls to even try )
              I now realize I will never get a full head hair as dense as I may want it to be
              And as a result I have no desire to go back and have someone carve me up again

Comment

• fab
                • Mar 2012

The scar doesn't look bad to me. You could do another FUE instead. I'm on the same boat as you. I'm considering another one, but this time FUE.

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
                  • Apr 2011

Fab, how many HTs did you have ?

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                    • Feb 2011

Dave, from your previous posts, I thought your scar would be a lot worse than it really is. Your scar really isn't that bad at all and the only reason that I notice it is because I know what I'm looking for. If I saw your head 2 years (prior to educating myself on hair loss), I wouldn't have had a clue that you had a hair transplant.

Comment

• fab
                      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by VictimOfDHT
                      Fab, how many HTs did you have ?
                      I had one strip

Comment

• DAVE52
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
                        Dave, from your previous posts, I thought your scar would be a lot worse than it really is. Your scar really isn't that bad at all and the only reason that I notice it is because I know what I'm looking for. If I saw your head 2 years (prior to educating myself on hair loss), I wouldn't have had a clue that you had a hair transplant.
                        The scar 's not that bad
                        When I look in the mirror I see it becvause I know what Im looking for
                        When I point it out to thers they say they wouldn't have nknown it was there if I never mentioned it
                        At a 2 guard you can't see it and at a 1 1/2 guard I can deal with

It doesn';t look like this fellow's scar

It's the top , Im sporting a bald crown and IMO it just looks better shorter all round then long and the " comb back " look ...just my opinion.......but IMO it looks like crap altogether
                        I can't get used to the feeling of a big bald patch on the top of my head .
                        Remember this was done 12 yrs ago .
                        I have no desire to go back again and get carved up for more minimal coverage
                        And meds are out of the question ........I'm one of the 2 %

This is why I would recommend anyone losing their hair to buzz it progressively shorter - a buzz cut is cheaper and less expensive emotionally than a hair transplant that you have to keep chasing for the rest of your life or meds that you have to take for ever

Internet's largest community for bald men and head shavers with over 10,000 members since it began in 2006. Sly Bald Guys has a wealth of hair loss information and advice for balding men regarding hair transplants, hair loss drugs, and other hair loss remedies. Sly Bald Guys is full of head shaving tips and reviews on razors, clippers, and other shaving products.

Is a great site for anyone looking for the confidnce to buzz or shave their head. There are other guys who had HT's on the site who just said f*ck and shaved it all off, scar and all, and they say they are happier than ever . Like a burden hs been lifted

Comment

• fab
                          • Mar 2012

yeah dave, can barely see it.. I'm curious.. I bet that's the trichophytic closure, is that correct?

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                            • Nov 2011

Dave when did you start balding, and how did you lose your hair.

Can you write a short life story about it.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                              • May 2011

You still say that you're not too happy with the bald patch and you won't go back for another pass for minimal coverage but the game has changed big time since 12 years ago. I only say this because you already have a scar and I've seen some outrageous results from the top docs.

But if you'd be happier maybe getting some FUE in the scar and doing a 1 all over that would be great too as the scar doesn't look bad at all to start with. Joe Rogan decided to bail on the HTs and got patched up and shaved down and he looks great. You've got options either way for sure. Best of luck.

Comment

Working...