• 02-16-2010 05:19 AM
    Adam4210
    Question about propecia/proscar prescription
    Is it possible to get a prescription for Propecia or Proscar without my parents knowing? I am too embarrassed to have my parents know that I am thinning. I am 21. Is it possible to go to my local doctor and get it?

Thanks!
  • 02-16-2010 08:48 AM
    heynow1234
    Your 21, why couldn't you pull it off without them knowing? Your doc cant mention anything to your parents if your over 18, plus propecia isnt covered by insurance so it wont show up on any insurance statement.

I dont really think your parents would care though.
  • 02-16-2010 08:17 PM
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    You can absolutely get a Propecia prescription that falls under the Doctor-Patient confidentiality rule. Which holds true for any patient 18 years or older. You can either see your family doctor or make an appointment with a hair restoration physician who would be more qualified to track your progress of hair loss.
  • 02-17-2010 07:40 AM
    Adam4210
    Thanks guys! Do you think a doctor will have any issues prescribing Proscar instead of Propecia? I know they do the same thing, but Proscar isn't technically listed to "help hair loss" while Propecia is. I just want proscar because it is much cheaper.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth