• Show
Clear All
  • tbtadmin
    Administrator
    • Sep 2008

Histogen Update - Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Craig L. Ziering

• fontanajul
    • Jan 2011

What an excellent interview! Thank you so much for giving me some hope. I have a few questions that maybe someone could address? It might be a little early to ask these things, but I figured I'd ask anyway. So basically, I'm curious about...

1. Has there been an estimated cost for HSC injections?
    2. Is there any way to see photo results from the first trial?

Thanks in advance,
    Max

Comment

• RichardDawkins
      Inactive
      • Jan 2011

Nice interview, i really expected the worst things but man, i got the strange feeling i know which Guys from the forum here are ment to be that little bit of pushy :-)

Comment

• PayDay
        • Nov 2008

Great interview Spencer! Let me be the first to agree with Dr. Ziering that if it weren’t for you none of this information would be available to us. It’s because of these interviews and everything else you give us that everyone is talking about this stuff all over the internet an maybe some of the doctors are working even harder to solve this thing. You are the man! I'm stoked about this!

Comment

• blowmeup
          • Nov 2008

Thanks for the interview Spencer, it was very informative. I’m a little disappointed to hear that Dr. Ziring does not seem sure about the timeline, but I’m very happy that everything appears to be moving in a positive direction. Will Dr. Ziering be answering questions on the forum? I wanted to know if having a hair transplant now will interfere with having Histogen injections in the future?

Comment

• gmonasco
            Inactive
            • Apr 2010

I found the interview disappointingly vague. Lots of happy talk, but precious little detail about what, if anything, they've found that Histogen can actually do in the trials conducted so far.

Comment

• blowmeup
              • Nov 2008

I’m pretty sure that was all covered in this interview.

Listen to the archived interview with Histogen's (HSC) principal investigator Dr. Craig Ziering: P491d7f802f4a1b546868428ff450eb42ZlF5RVREYmR2

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                Inactive
                • Jan 2011

I have to agree...... Didnt you listen to the interview

Comment

• reset
                  • Nov 2010

Thanks for the interview Spencer. It`s great we`re able to hear directly from the guys in the field. I don`t know if any one at Histogen is taking taking questions now, but I`ve heard about `Pan-Asian` trials but aside from Singapore I haven`t heard of any other countries in Asia taking part in the trials. Which, if any, other countries are going to take part in the trials? Thanks.

Comment

• gmonasco
                    Inactive
                    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by RichardDawkins
                    Didnt you listen to the interview
                    Yes, I did. Didn't you read my post? I could hardly have said I found it lacking in detail if I hadn't listened to it.

As I said, there was lots of happy noise about what Histogen might do, but precious little solid info about what it has actually proved to do so far.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                      Inactive
                      • Jan 2011

But right now there isnt much else to say they did test if HSC could be dangerous, and it isnt.

They saw hair still be there after two years and now they gonna for different approches after 6 weeks etc which is exactly according to plan.

I dont think that it was all happy talk, it was a realistic observation from someone at the source.

The most important thing is, its safe AND the hair stays, who knows what can be achieved with higher injections here and there. At least from the data it could hairtransplants make more sufficient with less grafts to plant.

Also the idea about Histogen in the first round to stop hairloss and grow back special parts and then go for Acell orientated hair transplant is pretty damn good.

Comment

• gmonasco
                        Inactive
                        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by RichardDawkins
                        But right now there isnt much else to say
                        My point exactly. No substantive information is not exactly something to be optimistic about.

it was a realistic observation from someone at the source
                        But someone who also has a vested interest in making things seem as positive as possible.

The most important thing is, its safe AND the hair stays
                        Neither of those factors has been established yet.

First of all, early stage clinical trials seek to determine whether a particular treatment manifests any immediately obvious deleterious effects serious enough to warrant discontinuation of the trials. If if doesn't, then the trials can proceed, but that milestone is very far from demonstrating that a treatment is "safe" in an overall sense. Safety is something which can only be determined with much wider trials, a much larger user base, and the passage of time (as numerous recalls of previously approved drugs have demonstrated).

Second, any trial of a treatment for regrowing hair would realistically have run at least two years (and possibly longer) just to determine whether the new hairs produced by the treatment survive an anagen/telogen cycle. Even then, you don't know for sure -- a newly produced hair might survive the first cycle, but that's no guarantee it won't, say, (akin to miniaturization) grow progressively weaker and fail to survive subsequent cycles. What the long term benefits or effects will be are something that can only be determined in the long term, and obviously none of us here is going to be able to wait a couple of lifetimes to verrify how things pan out.

Comment

• CVAZBAR
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by gmonasco
                          My point exactly. No substantive information is not exactly something to be optimistic about.

But someone who also has a vested interest in making things seem as positive as possible.

Neither of those factors has been established yet.

First of all, early stage clinical trials seek to determine whether a particular treatment manifests any immediately obvious deleterious effects serious enough to warrant discontinuation of the trials. If if doesn't, then the trials can proceed, but that milestone is very far from demonstrating that a treatment is "safe" in an overall sense. Safety is something which can only be determined with much wider trials, a much larger user base, and the passage of time (as numerous recalls of previously approved drugs have demonstrated).

Second, any trial of a treatment for regrowing hair would realistically have run at least two years (and possibly longer) just to determine whether the new hairs produced by the treatment survive an anagen/telogen cycle. Even then, you don't know for sure -- a newly produced hair might survive the first cycle, but that's no guarantee it won't, say, (akin to miniaturization) grow progressively weaker and fail to survive subsequent cycles. What the long term benefits or effects will be are something that can only be determined in the long term, and obviously none of us here is going to be able to wait a couple of lifetimes to verrify how things pan out.
                          Well if you already knew all the answers, why are you disappointed? I doubt you will have to wait a LIFETIME homie so don't worry about that ha. So what if the hair wont survive the cycle? If it grew it in the first place, then get another injection. I think its pretty obvious that we still don't know shit about it but i do know we wont have to wait a couple of lifetimes to find out. We will know soon enough.

Comment

• CVAZBAR
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ZM4HAIR
                            Right now Singapore but possibly Korea as well.
                            I know you spoke about the 2 year trials so far and how hairs were still present after that time. If histogen does not do much as far as growth for some, will it at least guarantee no further hair loss? Did you notice this in pre trials?

Comment

• gmonasco
                              Inactive
                              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by CVAZBAR
                              Well if you already knew all the answers, why are you disappointed? I doubt you will have to wait a LIFETIME homie so don't worry about that ha. So what if the hair wont survive the cycle? If it grew it in the first place, then get another injection. I think its pretty obvious that we still don't know shit about it but i do know we wont have to wait a couple of lifetimes to find out. We will know soon enough.
                              You might find this system works best if you actually take the time to read and comprehend material prior to responding to it.

Comment

Working...