• 04-02-2014 02:50 PM
    Plan C
    Is there any harm trying Lipogaine?
    Considering buying a one month supply of Lipogaine. Since I live in the UK, shipping is quite steep ($12). Am I wasting my time and money or should I try it for a month?
  • 04-02-2014 03:31 PM
    StayThick
    I like it and have used it for over a year. I like it better than the plain Rogaine I use during the day. Just keep in mind, Lipogaine is greasy and will make your hair look visually like crap...then it dries and makes your hair hard and dry.

But I like the results and I personally will continue to use it for my night time application.
  • 04-02-2014 04:56 PM
    Notcoolanymore
    The original formula contained azelaic acid. That ingredient seperated it from many other minoxidil formulas since it helps fight DHT. Since they were forced to remove it, I am not sure it is still as good and effective as it was.
  • 04-02-2014 05:18 PM
    Mike K
    I've recently considered using a different minoxidil myself. I used rogaine foam for 4 months before I got on Fin and I don't think I ever really saw any results on it before Fin honestly, but I still use it twice a day because everyone else is and its cheap so why not? There's another poster on this forum who mentioned Dualgen 15. It's 15% minox, 5% azeliac acid, .025% retinol and .0001% caffeine. All of that stuff sounds pretty good. Have you considered this? I'm thinking about trying it myself.
  • 04-02-2014 06:22 PM
    Dan26
    azelaic acid is useless look for ones with retin-a or anti inflammatory agents AND a not so harsh vehicle if thats what troubles you...otherwise no reason to not go with the cheap generic minox
  • 04-03-2014 05:43 AM
    Plan C
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    I've recently considered using a different minoxidil myself. I used rogaine foam for 4 months before I got on Fin and I don't think I ever really saw any results on it before Fin honestly, but I still use it twice a day because everyone else is and its cheap so why not? There's another poster on this forum who mentioned Dualgen 15. It's 15% minox, 5% azeliac acid, .025% retinol and .0001% caffeine. All of that stuff sounds pretty good. Have you considered this? I'm thinking about trying it myself.

I've done a bit of research and I'm not sure that upping the % of minox will achieve anything.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth