Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaulC
    • Nov 2010

Astressin B Test Update

This one is being discussed elsewhere.....

Last edited by PaulC; 06-22-2011, 11:23 AM. Reason: typo
  • DepressedByHairLoss
    • Feb 2011

I ain't impressed in the slightest until they start testing on humans. You have so many scientists who make a living testing on mice but never do a damn thing to benefit humans. At least it looks like they're trying to develop this drug for humans though.

Comment

• BoSox
      • Jun 2010

This means nothing to us who deal with MPB. Genetic disorder. This is only for stress, am I right?

Comment

• Mojo Risin
        • Mar 2011

Maxime June 22, 2011 at 7:39 am

You guys are honestly wasting your time. Mouse hair phases are not even the same as humans … and this would only treat hairloss due to massive amount of stress (which can be naturally cured by the way).

This simply can’t cure GENETIC MALE/FEMALE PATTERN BALDNESS.
        FDA approval would take 5 to 10 years to complete … so people, don’t put too much faith into this. It’s just one of the THOUSAND of ”potential cures” researchers have been promising us over the years and it’s gonna fail like the rest.

admin June 22, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Maxime, thank you for your comment, but obviously I cannot agree with you.

The fact that our subject’s hair phases are not an exact replication of the Human’s hair growth cycle has absolutely nothing to do with the potential efficiency of the compound we are researching as a future treatment.

Secondly, and as previously stated, contrary to the studies that have already been conducted our subjects have not been tampered with, and have not been subjected to any kind of external factor that could have induced stress. Furthermore some of these mice have been born with Alopecia, which might provide an indication that the compound is also effective in treating genetic conditions that lead to hairloss.

Finally, without any disrespect, your line of thought will not lead to anything positive or productive, if you strongly believe this condition is incurable, this blog isn’t for you.

That's an answer.

Comment

• UK_
          • Feb 2011

They've just discoeverd it - lol even if they had just discovered it in 1997 we would still be in trial stages.

Comment

• Thinning@30
            • Mar 2010

I'm so sick of hearing about mice trials. Yes, we know astressin-b regrows hair on mice. How soon could this be tested on humans or at least macaques?

I'd even offer myself as a test subject. How dangerous can this stuff be? It's not like any of the mice died. If I could get my hands on some of this stuff I'd try it, but I have no idea how to store it or inject or what dosage to use.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
              • Feb 2011

Amen to that, Thinning@30. If scientists tested even half of the stuff on humans that they do on mice, then we might actually have a cure by now. Instead though, they only test them on mice and we're left with horseshit like 'all natural' shampoos.

Comment

• Mojo Risin
                • Mar 2011

I know someone who sell this stuff and it cost 1300$ for 5 mg.
                At that price, I doubt you still want some.

Comment

• gmonasco
                  Inactive
                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
                  If scientists tested even half of the stuff on humans that they do on mice, then we might actually have a cure by now.
                  If scientists tested even half of the stuff on humans that they do on mice, most of them would be out of jobs (or in prison).

Comment

• Thinning@30
                    • Mar 2010

I know someone who sell this stuff and it cost 1300$ for 5 mg.
                    At that price, I doubt you still want some.
                    At this point, I'm crazy and desperate enough that $1300 doesn't seem so bad. Nonetheless, I don't have a scientific or medical background, so even if I could get my hands on this stuff, I wouldn't know how to handle it, or what exactly to do with it.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                      • Feb 2011

Out of jobs or in prison? That's totally ridiculous. There's no reason why more than 4 companies can't at least try to progress forward beyond testing on mice.

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
                        • Apr 2011

Well, like I said before, those so-called scientists make a living out of torturing mice and subjecting them to all kinds of useless experiments. Basically they have no aim or goals beyond that, nor do they have any intentions of trying their useless "discoveries" on humans, EVER. I've been reading about similar "discoveries" that reverse hair loss in mice for over 25 years. But we never see anything in real life. Had those sons of bitches really worked on a cure or treatment for hair loss -for humans- baldness would've been a thing of the past by now.

Comment

• Jcm800
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Thinning@30
                          I'm so sick of hearing about mice trials. Yes, we know astressin-b regrows hair on mice. How soon could this be tested on humans or at least macaques?

I'd even offer myself as a test subject. How dangerous can this stuff be? It's not like any of the mice died. If I could get my hands on some of this stuff I'd try it, but I have no idea how to store it or inject or what dosage to use.
                          Testing in mice? How about they test on humans - the murderers,paedophiles and other pieces of shit doing life in prison?

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                            • Feb 2011

I know, it really frustrates the hell outta me. I mean, I could understand if some of these potential hair growth chemicals were tested on humans and even if they failed, at least we'd know that the scientists are at least TRYING to come up with a cure. Yet we've seen so many chemicals that could cause potential hair growth in humans yet none of them are even TRIED on humans. And I'm sure that if anyone offered humans trials using such potential hair regrowth chemicals as WNT, Noggin, TB-4, BMP's, Beta Catenin, Ephrin A3, N-WASP, laminin 511, CD34 and CD200 proteins, and hedgehog agonists, sooooo many people would just jump at the chance to try these. As I've said before and I'll say it again: you know something is wrong when sooo many supposed hair regrowth 'discoveries' are publicized yet all we have today are extremely mediocre options like Rogaine, Propecia, and hair transplants.

Comment

• HairTalk
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Jcm800
                              Testing in mice? How about they test on humans - the murderers,paedophiles and other pieces of shit doing life in prison?
                              Hail Hitler, huh? How ****ing despicable, if you're even close to being serious.

Comment

Working...