Biotin?

Printable View

• 08-20-2011 03:09 PM
    BoSox
    Biotin?
    Has anybody tried this supplement, and experience any improvement with this vitamin?
  • 08-20-2011 03:16 PM
    Samiam
    I take it, it helps hair look better and maybe hair health.
  • 08-27-2011 05:30 PM
    JJacobs152
    Yup, I take a 5000mg of it on a daily basis. It's good for alopecia. I'd also suggest looking into Vitamin A as well. Will also help with hair growth, and vision.:D
  • 08-27-2011 05:32 PM
    BoSox
    I'm hoping it will help my thin hair.
  • 08-30-2011 01:54 AM
    doke
    be careful guys its not always more is better with vits as some can have adverse affects ask your doctor first before taking high doses of anything.:eek:
  • 08-30-2011 08:21 PM
    perplexed
    I have read on many sites that Biotin mega dosing can cause oily skin and deep pimples so that is another concern to consider.
  • 09-02-2011 01:20 AM
    KeepTheHair
    Seriously... don't take biotin for your hair. Wont do shit will just **** up your skin.
  • 09-06-2011 10:22 AM
    Spex
    I feel Biotin is an important part of my reg:cool:
  • 12-05-2011 06:27 AM
    cocochane
    biotin in moderation
    I used to take about 5mg of biotin a day but it REALLY broke me out! I had to take steroids to get rid of it. It was really bad. But my nails grew soooo fast. Like every week I had to cut them..seriously and normally I would cut them once a month. I couldn't tell on my hair b/c I have been wearing hair extensions but it's a fact that if your nails are growing it's doing the same for your hair- unless you have other issues that prevent that. After that I was really afraid to take biotin again so I waited about a month and started at much lower doses- I now take 2mg a day. Let's see what happends ;). Oh, and I also pair it with 1 tablet of MSM.

Has anyone tried Silica or Selineum? I know of a few ladies that are faithful to these supplements.
  • 12-05-2011 08:24 PM
    goldbondmafia
    Quote:

Originally Posted by doke View Post
    be careful guys its not always more is better with vits as some can have adverse affects ask your doctor first before taking high doses of anything.:eek:

im taking 900 mcg's of biotin per day, is that too much???

what do you guys consider too much or "mega dosing" as perplexed put it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    Seriously... don't take biotin for your hair. Wont do shit will just **** up your skin.

if the only bad thing it may do is mess up my skin then i dont care as long as it helps my hair in any way.

ive been taking it for a while now, make my nails and hair grow faster and HAS NOT done anything to my skin.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth