• 05-09-2013 11:39 AM
    Conpecia
    Spencer and RU Skeptics: Explain Hellouser's Results
    Apparently on the most recent BTT episode Spencer said something along the lines of feeling sorry for people who use RU because it doesn't work. I know JFSI reads these threads and I think Spencer should take a look at Hellouser's RU results thread, which in my opinion is pretty solid (albeit amateur) documentation of RU's efficacy. I haven't heard too many people say "I tried RU for a year and nothing happened whatsoever." If people like that are in the woodworks chime in. It stifles potential advancements for a guy with Spencer's influence to dismiss what could be an excellent topical alternative for those who cannot tolerate finasteride. The truth of the matter is the side effects profile for Propecia is understated. There's no way so many guys on here (myself included) just happen to be in the 2% or whatever they officially state. Why else do you think a topical fin solution is being developed right now and was presented at the World Congress? Companies wouldn't waste their time and money.
  • 05-09-2013 11:47 AM
    hellouser
    No one should have to take Finasteride.
  • 05-09-2013 11:51 AM
    Conpecia
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    No one should have to take Finasteride.

Not if something like RU works better without the sides.
  • 05-09-2013 11:52 AM
    PatientlyWaiting
    The thing is this, those taking RU, are they taking it by itself with no other hair loss treatment?
  • 05-09-2013 11:55 AM
    Conpecia
    Right that's the easiest counterargument. But I don't think Hellouser started taking a bunch of stuff at the same time, correct me if I'm wrong. I definitely think there's a synergistic effect taking RU and Minox.
  • 05-09-2013 12:25 PM
    Shan
    You people and your theories. make me laugh.
  • 05-09-2013 01:25 PM
    PatientlyWaiting
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    Right that's the easiest counterargument. But I don't think Hellouser started taking a bunch of stuff at the same time, correct me if I'm wrong. I definitely think there's a synergistic effect taking RU and Minox.

Does it no bother you that there are no before and after pictures of RU, i'm talking about a large study with lots of pictures?

That does bother me.

Don't get me wrong, if it was easier to get my hands on it, I would try it. But it's difficult to get, make, and I don't even know what I am putting on my head or how well it works.

Good luck to every one using it. I do not feel bad for you or anything like that, you are trying different things, that's good. Hopefully all of you see great results.
  • 05-09-2013 01:44 PM
    Winston
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    Apparently on the most recent BTT episode Spencer said something along the lines of feeling sorry for people who use RU because it doesn't work

That's a completely false statement. Spencer has said many times that RU can work. He has, however, stated that he is concerned for the young guys who purchase these agents on the "gray" market, not knowing if they are actually purchasing the real McCoy, and that they can be causing themselves more harm than good.
  • 05-09-2013 02:13 PM
    BaldJerry
    I don't think this forum is the best place to have experimental hairloss discussions
  • 05-09-2013 02:18 PM
    PayDay
    What are you talking about? Spencer's been saying that RU has been shown to work for years! He actually said the other day that it might be the people who are experimenting with the black market products who will end up being called pioneers in the hair loss community. I think he said that he feels sorry for people who are wasting time and money buying bogus stuff, or something like that.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth