• 01-16-2012 06:36 PM
    New hair 2012
    6 Attachment(s)
    New Year - New Hair - New me
    I have been on a journey these past few yews and it involves me and some hair or lack of it. `````it got to a point where i thought there was no going back, i had to take action. So i went and had a hair transplant.

I was impressed and so i'm going back for another 2 treatments in may.

Follow me on my journey…

see attached before and after pics and the lead up to the next one.
  • 01-16-2012 11:10 PM
    vinnytr
    Your hair looks awesome .

How old are you ? how many grafts is that ?
    Why do you feel the need to go for another 2 treatments ?
  • 01-17-2012 10:30 AM
    boricotico
    Yeah, I agree, in your 01/16/2012 picture your hair looks just fantastic.
  • 01-17-2012 01:43 PM
    clandestine
    Transplant looks incredible. But mate, you look great with a shaved head anyway. Some of us are not so privileged :/
  • 01-17-2012 05:50 PM
    New hair 2012
    Quote:

Originally Posted by vinnytr View Post
    Your hair looks awesome .

Thank you my friend!!

How old are you ?
    I'm 35

how many grafts is that ?
    Day 1 = 1215 grafts = 3098 hairs
    Day 2 = 1305 grafts = 3121 hairs

Why do you feel the need to go for another 2 treatments ?

Good question. I'm so pleased with it myself, it has helped me in so many ways.

The crown, general density and hairline needs a little more work so I've been working hard towards a second visit. I also have a really good donor site. I suppose it's about what makes you happy as well. Plus, it was so straight forward and painless.

Good
  • 01-17-2012 05:55 PM
    New hair 2012
    Quote:

Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Transplant looks incredible. But mate, you look great with a shaved head anyway. Some of us are not so privileged :/

Thank you so much, it means a lot to me.

He he ;-) I don't know about the shaved head look for me. I'm not the tallest bloke in the world so I always felt like a mini me ;-)
  • 01-17-2012 05:58 PM
    New hair 2012
    Quote:

Originally Posted by boricotico View Post
    Yeah, I agree, in your 01/16/2012 picture your hair looks just fantastic.

Wow cheers!! - you can't see but I'm smiling from ear to ear… seriously.

I will definitely keep taking photos and posting them - close ups so you can really see detail.
  • 01-17-2012 08:05 PM
    clandestine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by New hair 2012 View Post
    Thank you so much, it means a lot to me.

He he ;-) I don't know about the shaved head look for me. I'm not the tallest bloke in the world so I always felt like a mini me ;-)

No worries man, glad you're happy!

I've got a rather small head, but have taken to buzzing my hair short regardless as my hair started to noticeably thin in the crown and temple areas. Only 19 too. Small head, bald head. **** me sideways.. such is life.

Anyway on topic, would you be against disclosing which hair transplant surgeon you went to?
  • 01-17-2012 09:26 PM
    Ćelo
    Congratulations, man! I will follow this topic and look forward to more pics of the new do!
  • 01-19-2012 08:35 AM
    IanIrving0
    Your hair looks fantastic!

If you don't mind me asking, in what location was your donor site?
  • 01-19-2012 04:54 PM
    New hair 2012
    Quote:

Originally Posted by IanIrving0 View Post
    Your hair looks fantastic!

If you don't mind me asking, in what location was your donor site?

Cheers mucker

In my first treatment the donor hair was taken from the back of my head.
  • 01-22-2012 06:13 PM
    New hair 2012
    Quote:

No worries man, glad you're happy!

I've got a rather small head, but have taken to buzzing my hair short regardless as my hair started to noticeably thin in the crown and temple areas. Only 19 too. Small head, bald head. **** me sideways.. such is life.

Anyway on topic, would you be against disclosing which hair transplant surgeon you went to?

I actually had had two. They were Dr. T. Vekris and Dr. M. Petroliagki
  • 01-23-2012 12:56 PM
    IanIrving0
    Quote:

In my first treatment the donor hair was taken from the back of my head.
    Again, if you don't mind be asking, how much did they take take from the back of your head? Are their any visible scars?

I'm just curious as I know I'll have to get HT eventually for the area above my temples.
  • 01-23-2012 06:26 PM
    New hair 2012
    Quote:

Originally Posted by IanIrving0 View Post
    Again, if you don't mind be asking, how much did they take take from the back of your head? Are their any visible scars?

I'm just curious as I know I'll have to get HT eventually for the area above my temples.

I can't see any scaring but I will leave that with you by taking some pics for you
    glad to help
    I will take some close up photos of my own donar and show you what mine is like and I can give you the other info to.

Cheers
  • 01-24-2012 12:24 PM
    25 going on 65
    Great result. IMO transplants often look their best with a short buzz.
    Looks really nice, congratulations.
  • 01-24-2012 05:20 PM
    New hair 2012
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Great result. IMO transplants often look their best with a short buzz.
    Looks really nice, congratulations.

Cheers my friend. we should talk more often! ;-D
  • 02-14-2012 10:32 AM
    sausage
    Any new photos/updates mate?
  • 02-18-2012 11:48 AM
    New hair 2012
    1 Attachment(s)
    some new pics
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Any new photos/updates mate?

Hi mate, yes I have some new pics. I'll get some more up shortly - I have some good close ups!!

Any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers.
  • 02-18-2012 12:30 PM
    clandestine
    Procedure undergone was FUE? And. what's your age?
  • 02-18-2012 12:32 PM
    25 going on 65
    Looking forward very much to the results of your next two procedures, if you go through with them.
    I'm sure you feel the same way!
  • 02-18-2012 05:01 PM
    New hair 2012
    Quote:

Looking forward very much to the results of your next two procedures, if you go through with them.
    I'm sure you feel the same way!

Me 2 - I can't wait to go ahead with them! I'm excited. Booked myself into a 12 week fitness programme as well. Just to be in tip top shape for getting it done.
  • 02-25-2012 03:33 PM
    New hair 2012
    Quote:

Procedure undergone was FUE? And. what's your age?

Hi - I'm 36

I’ve done the DHI technique, which, in my eyes, is FUE but more advanced. The difference between normal FUE and DHI FUE is what they claim in their site: “…each hair follicle is extracted one by one from the donor area and then implanted DIRECT. With no holes or slits prior to implantation…” To be honest I personally don’t know if it is better than normal FUE or not, because I didn't go for FUE in the end. But I'm happy with my results, which is why I'm going to continue with them very soon.

cheers.
  • 02-25-2012 03:59 PM
    New hair 2012
    2 Attachment(s)
    Some close ups as promised. Cheers.
  • 02-26-2012 09:23 AM
    25 going on 65
    Quote:

I’ve done the DHI technique, which, in my eyes, is FUE but more advanced. The difference between normal FUE and DHI FUE is what they claim in their site: “…each hair follicle is extracted one by one from the donor area and then implanted DIRECT. With no holes or slits prior to implantation…”

Don't think I've heard of this. If that's what they're doing then I'm guessing the scarring must be pretty minimal. Not to get too personal but do you have any pictures of your donor area from after the procedure? :p
  • 03-01-2012 04:15 PM
    New hair 2012
    2 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Don't think I've heard of this. If that's what they're doing then I'm guessing the scarring must be pretty minimal. Not to get too personal but do you have any pictures of your donor area from after the procedure? :p

It was really straight forward and I was surprised how quickly it healed. Here's a couple of images for you. ;-)
  • 03-01-2012 04:37 PM
    25 going on 65
    Hey, thanks for posting those! Can I ask when they were taken?
  • 03-01-2012 11:24 PM
    New hair 2012
    Hi, I took them last nite. I was buzzing my hair so, it was best to wait as you would get to see my scalp close up. cheers
  • 03-02-2012 08:24 AM
    25 going on 65
    Your donor looks real clean! Do you know how many grafts they used?
    Sorry for all the questions, I'm just intrigued by this "DHI" technique because I've never heard of it before. :D
  • 03-02-2012 12:25 PM
    clandestine
    Hey new hair, care to share any updated pictures from the front? Hows it looking?

By the way, your donor looks incredible. Couldn't have guessed you had any sort of procedure done.
  • 03-03-2012 03:10 PM
    New hair 2012
    25 going on 65

Hi bud, don't apologise :D In terms of grafts I had: Day 1 = 1215 grafts = 3098 hairs and on day 2 = 1305 grafts = 3121 hairs. My donor area is completely fine. I had no problems at all. It actually healed really quickly.

If you any other questions about the DHI technique I chose then just fire away - I can try and answer based on how my HT went, etc. I have to say though - I'm no expert but I can tell you about my experience of it.

Cheers dude ;-)
  • 03-03-2012 03:18 PM
    New hair 2012
    Quote:

Hey new hair, care to share any updated pictures from the front? Hows it looking?

By the way, your donor looks incredible. Couldn't have guessed you had any sort of procedure done.

Thanks Clandestine, yeh I'm really happy with the way its looking. The healing of my donor area was a big concern of mine before the HT but it seemed to heal very easily. I used the DHI aftercare products, followed their post procedure instructions to the letter and it ran as smooth as. ;-) Didn't hurt afterwards either so double bonus ;-D

I'll get some photos up in a few days (when I get my camera back);-)
    Ta!!
  • 06-15-2012 03:28 PM
    New hair 2012
    11 Attachment(s)
    Triga Results
    Hi - These are photos from my Triga Session with DHI at the end of May/begining of June.

Day 1 (28/5/12) - Frontal area and hairline - semi direct technique used

Day 2 (29/5/12) - Left Mid area and and left crown area and front hairline refinement - semi direct technique used

Day 3 (1/6/12) Right crown area - direct technique used

These photos were taken 10/6/12 - 10 days after the last (3rd day) day of my procedure.
  • 06-16-2012 03:32 AM
    worried
    what norwood you are before your first HT

Nobody can say that you are bald ..... congrats
  • 06-16-2012 06:01 AM
    New hair 2012
    hi - thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by worried View Post
    what norwood you are before your first HT

If you go back to the very start of the thread and look at my before/after images of my 1st Giga session back in September last year, you can see exactly where I was on the norwood scale. I was definitely at least a 5 going on 6. The hair that I had left on top Hair was scarce and very thin. There wasn't much left on top I have to say, so I kept it shaved.

My donor area was very good so I was able to have a Giga (2 day) session last year and then a Triga (3 day) session this year to complete my hair redistribution/restoration and hairline design.
  • 06-16-2012 06:24 AM
    sausage
    Looks awesome,

I am at a similar stage as to what you were pre-op, although maybe I am a little bit thinner on top.

I have a below average donor area and was advised to be cautious about having a HT, eventually I gave up and didn't bother due to being uncertain about the whole HT industry, surgeons had such differing views as to what they thought I could have done.

They obviously take into consideration future loss so I got on Propecia, if it can stop my loss then maybe there would be a more positive view on what can be achieved so I may go back and ask for advice in the coming months.

I am at a stage in my hairloss where I do not want to end with a total slaphead on top, I can deal with the thin hair on their now as it looks ok buzzed, If and when I do lose the hair on top, I would surely quite easily be able to have the equivalent amount of hair replaced as sparsely as it is now.

That subject has been discussed on here before and for some reason there were a lot of people against the 'sprinkle some hair on top' idea. Not sure why but some people believe that if your going to buzz your hair then theres no point in doing this but IMO something on top is better than nothing, especially at my age.
  • 06-16-2012 09:38 AM
    worried
    Quote:

hi - thanks!
    I was definitely at least a 5 going on 6. The hair that I had left on top Hair was scarce and very thin. There wasn't much left on top I have to say, so I kept it shave.

yes you look NW5 . Do you have enough donor left to use incase if your mpb further progresses ?
  • 06-16-2012 09:43 AM
    worried
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    That subject has been discussed on here before and for some reason there were a lot of people against the 'sprinkle some hair on top' idea. Not sure why but some people believe that if your going to buzz your hair then theres no point in doing this but IMO something on top is better than nothing, especially at my age.

Ofcourse something on top is better than nothing. atleast at that point you are no more bald in the eyes of society and for some buzz hair really look great.
    why dnt you use your body hair ?Like beard hair on your crown
  • 07-29-2012 08:02 AM
    New hair 2012
    1 Attachment(s)
    new pic
    Hey peeps - Here's my latest pic - i shall post some angles and close ups shortly which are from a few weeks back. This image is about 1 week old.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth