Side Effects

Printable View

• 12-01-2008 08:25 PM
    Jackb
    Side Effects
    I Heard, when taking Rogaine(Minoxil) it effects facial hair as well
    (you have to shave a lot more)

do you know if propcia has the same type of a effect on your facial hair?
  • 12-02-2008 10:22 AM
    SpencerKobren
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackb View Post

Hey Jackb.

Anecdotally some men report that they experience a decrease in body hair and in some cases facial hair, while on Propecia. In my case, I did experience a slight decrease in body hair, but my beard appears to grow as fast and as full as it did prior to starting the medication.

Hope this helps.
  • 12-04-2008 06:26 AM
    blowmeup
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackb View Post

It seems easy enough to just shave if you do get any extra hair growth from either minoxidil or propecia. Well worth it I think. Have you decided whether you are going to give it a try yet?
  • 10-26-2015 04:05 AM
    Clinicspots
    I thought I saw a study once that made it seem like both T and DHT are responsible for say facial hair growth like beard which makes sense since judging by the number of women I know with tons of facial hair the idea of androgens makes pretty good sense to me. Whether removing all of T and DHT after you have lots of facial hair reverses the process is another question it might not work like that even though it makes logical sense. CB 03 01 interferes with T and DHT so if it ever comes out maybe we can see how well it works on stopping facial hair which it seems it should. They were looking at excessive body hair, acne, and hair loss as conditions it could help.
    Again though I doubt its just DHT I think testosterone definitely is important and given its the primary male hormone I dont see why it wouldnt be.
  • 03-23-2016 04:54 AM
    Baldcured
    The most common side effect of minoxidil are hairy ears . While shaving ear is problematic due to their shape.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth