• 02-02-2011 07:41 AM
    KeepHoping
    Post from a different thread
    Gubter_87 wrote:

Actually I am surprised why Spencer did not ask Dr. Hitzig that exact question.
    If hair loss is due to lack of progenitor cells and Dr. Hitzig believes that A-cell combined with PRP injections will by pass this, then why does not hair grow everywhere?

Hopefully Dr. Hitzig will find his way to this forum post and be able to give us an answer!

I think this a good question for Dr. Hitzig and I'm interested to find out the answer myself as well. Any thoughts?
  • 02-02-2011 07:55 AM
    RichardDawkins
    It is a good question and iam really hyped to see the answers
  • 02-02-2011 08:47 AM
    SilverSurfer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Cooley, MD View Post
    Silver Surfer

It has been an interesting time for me, with widespread interest, as well as criticism and even threats of lawsuits. Nevertheless I am pushing forward because I believe in the ACell technology and plucked technique to genuinely help those with hairloss. It will certainly be refined over time as more knowledge is gained of stem cells and ECM, and methods to jumpstart the follicle regeneration process are discovered. It is an exciting time in our field.

Dr Cooley

Dr Cooley and Dr Hitzig,
    Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was referring to the factors mentioned in this paragraph(criticism and even threats of lawsuits). In no way was I implying something else. Again thanks for all the advancements you have created, personally I feel this will be the solution (Autoplucking)for my problems and all those who have had their donnor depleted.
  • 02-02-2011 09:05 AM
    RichardDawkins
    Not only for depleated donor guys :-)
  • 02-02-2011 09:25 AM
    HairRobinHood
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    Not only for depleated donor guys :-)

Does it mean for depleted pockets too?
  • 02-02-2011 09:34 AM
    SilverSurfer
    Correct Richard, also for those who want less scarring in their donnor areas. They now have an option with the Autoplucking.
  • 02-02-2011 09:51 AM
    Gary Hitzig MD
    Lack of Progenitor Cells
    Just to comment on what Keep Hoping had asked, it is the lack of Progenitor cells in the scalp which opens genetically sensitive (to 5DHT) hairs to miniaturizing. There is no problem with other hairs.
  • 02-02-2011 11:13 AM
    SilverSurfer
    First plucked beard hairs
    Dr Hitzig,

For how long have the first hairs you plucked and transplanted cycled?
  • 02-02-2011 11:29 AM
    Gubter_87
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Hitzig MD View Post
    Just to comment on what Keep Hoping had asked, it is the lack of Progenitor cells in the scalp which opens genetically sensitive (to 5DHT) hairs to miniaturizing. There is no problem with other hairs.

I asked the original question, and perhaps I was a bit unclear.
    I meant if a lack of progentior cells is the issue with the hair affected by hair loss, and you theorize that the combination of Acell+PRP injected into the scalp will bypass this issue. Then why do you believe you did not get full regrowth of all the minituarized and lost hairs with the injections?

Thanks for taking the time to reply!
  • 02-02-2011 01:07 PM
    CVAZBAR
    In other words, if PROGENITOR CELLS are the problem, why can't NW7's grow back hair again, if you put the stems cells back to work, reactivating PROGENITOR CELLS?

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth