• 12-04-2008 08:03 PM
    baldingpittfan
    Status of Potential Future Treatments
    Hello. I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on the progress of hair multiplication and the stem-cell treatments that Follica's researching? I'm trying to keep up with these but I haven't heard anything in a while.

I'm 32 years old and am somewhere between a Norwood 2 and 3 I think. I'm desperately hoping for one of these treatments to come to fruition in the near future. Sometimes I hear 3-5 years and sometimes I hear 8-10.

Anyhow, I'm just looking for any update on the current status of the research going into these treatments. Lets keep our fingers crossed people, because losing hair just plain sucks.
  • 12-08-2008 09:53 AM
    SteinbergerXL2
    Response to Follica Inquiry
    Howdy!

I am in the same boat. I have always had widows peaks, but I have a pretty good thinning crown. I have been using Avodart as my primary weapon over the past two years or so. I stopped the Avodart, not because of side effects, but because of economic reasons. As I expected, I lost quite a bit that I had gained. I am using 5% Rogaine foam with a .15% concentration of capsacin (for IGF-1 upregulation). Needless to say, I keep my eyes and ears wide open for new developments, especially with regard to Follica. Over the past year, Follica has received quite a bit of money from investors - in the ballpark of $20 million. They conducted clinical trials on human subjects in Boston, but only for the dermabrasive aspect of the treatment. The WNT-10b
    protein treatment has not been tested as far as I know, but that will be soon by all accounts. What impresses me is the list of primary players involved in Follica...we have J&J Pharmaceuticals and Genentech to name just two. Go to http://www.follicabio.com which is there official page. Hope this helps.

-Tom.
  • 12-10-2008 09:50 PM
    Lefty76
    Hey,

Interesting post. I am currently 32 years old, probably about a Norwood 2/3ish. I am currently looking into getting a hair transplant with Dr Hasson/Wong for my overall thinning and widow's peak. I can just imagine if they're able to make an endless amount of hair to be transplanted. Wow. No drugs, shampoos, routines, stress, hats. I guess we can hope!
  • 12-11-2008 03:02 PM
    baldingpittfan
    That's all we have it hope.
  • 12-11-2008 04:48 PM
    PayDay
    Quote:

Originally Posted by baldingpittfan View Post
    That's all we have it hope.

We always have hope, I just hope things happen fast:)

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth