• 04-18-2014 06:17 AM
    jason1001
    has anyone ever seen a convincing ht?
    I am always curious as to why people get ht, they always look bad and give off the dying hair balding look yet they cost so much.

Even celebs with tons of cash end up getting awful looking ones - wayne rooney as a example. Looks like a dead animal on his head.
  • 04-18-2014 07:02 AM
    ryan555
    It may seem like a cliche answer, but you'll never know when you see a really good HT. Some are so good that hair transplant surgeons can't detect them. In the celebrity world, there are many rumors and photographic evidence to support HT's on Sean Penn, George Clooney, and matthew mcconaughey, among many others. You go to Wayen Rooney because his result isn't stellar, but you have no idea how many celebs have undetectable work done.
  • 04-20-2014 06:21 AM
    Mike K
    I read online that Wayne Rooney was not able to take finasteride due to soccer drug tests. Since he wasn't able to take an anti androgen a ht was probably a bad idea for him. I've never seen a ht in real life at all as far as I know.
  • 04-20-2014 07:16 AM
    67mph
    You seen others? Declan Donnelly, Gordon Ramsey, Rob Brydon (amazing!!), Robbie Williams, James Nesbitt, the doc off Embarassing Bodies, Duncan Bannatyne, Jason Gardiner and Louis Walsh, to name a few!

All great examples of work done, but all give off (impo) the -you wouldn't know- element, to the untrained/not bothered/not interested in baldness, lot!!
  • 04-20-2014 02:16 PM
    fred970
    Propecia is not required when having a HT, I'm having my first FUE in three weeks and I don't take it. Rooney looks fantastic now in my opinion. There are hundreds of undetectable hair transplants, and I've never seen a bad one in real life. But yeah, I live in Belgium where there are no less than 5 top surgeon so, maybe it's normal.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...Wayne--011.jpg

If it's not jealousy, it sure looks like it.
  • 04-20-2014 03:03 PM
    Mike K
    That looks a lot better than the pics I had seen previously but maybe the transplant just wasn't mature yet. Good luck on the transplant Fred I truly hope it works out for you. Thing is though, you are expecting that your hair loss will stop where it is at NW5 correct? See if that's the case, sure you don't need Finasteride for a transplant to be an option. But many of us will most likely be NW7 some day based on bald dudes in our families. I have no idea what Rooney's family history of hair loss is or where he expects to progress to.
  • 04-20-2014 03:32 PM
    fred970
    Last week, my father took off his wig and showed me what it he really looked like for the first time (he never showed anyone, not his mother, not my mother), he was indeed a NW5 at now 52 years old, and he started to lose it at 17 just like me.

I was relieved as I still didn't know what NW he really was. My grandfathers are both NW5 too, their crown don't seem that much affected.

Thank you man :). I'm worried about small things that could go wrong, like how the hair line will look like or shock loss but hopefully it will turn out well.
  • 04-20-2014 05:03 PM
    Buster
    Joel McHale has a pretty good one.
  • 04-20-2014 05:04 PM
    PatientlyWaiting
    Good luck on your FUE fred, I am 10 days post op.

To OP, you probably talking about the one's that don't get their temple corners redone, those look bad and natural.
  • 04-20-2014 07:20 PM
    Notcoolanymore
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Last week, my father took off his wig and showed me what it he really looked like for the first time (he never showed anyone, not his mother, not my mother)

Amazing he was able to conceal it from everybody, including your mom. What made him decide to show you?

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth