IAHRS Surgeons

Printable View

• 03-01-2012 06:52 AM
    richardd1972
    IAHRS Surgeons
    As a new member I'm still trying to pick out the right doctor. Could someone chime in and tell me what the standard is to be an IAHRS surgeon and does it mean that if I were to pick any IAHRS surgeon I would "likely" have a good result? I know there is always a risk I'm just asking that is it "unlikely" that I will have a bad outcome with an IAHRS surgeon?

thanks,

Richard
  • 03-01-2012 07:02 AM
    Tracy C
    Hi richardd1972,

The IAHRS is a patient advocacy organization. As such it is very difficult for a doctor to become a member. IAHRS member doctors are held to much higher standards of ethics and quality of work.
  • 03-01-2012 08:05 AM
    Winston
    Quote:

Originally Posted by richardd1972 View Post
    As a new member I'm still trying to pick out the right doctor. Could someone chime in and tell me what the standard is to be an IAHRS surgeon and does it mean that if I were to pick any IAHRS surgeon I would "likely" have a good result? I know there is always a risk I'm just asking that is it "unlikely" that I will have a bad outcome with an IAHRS surgeon?

thanks,

Richard

One thing that you should do during your research is to listen to Spencer Kobren’s show, The Bald Truth. Whenever he is asked about hair transplant surgery he states that all surgery comes with risks and should not be taken lightly. The IAHRS was formed by Kobren to create a standard for the hair transplant industry that did not exist before it was put together. I understand the criteria is very stringent to make it into the IAHRS, so that’s why it’s so elite.
    Even though Kobren founded the IAHRS, he will be the first to tell you that there is never a guarantee of a good outcome know matter who you go to. The IAHRS is a great starting point. All of the surgeons in the group are the best of the best, but you have to feel comfortable with your choice based on your own set of criteria. You can’t just pick a name off a list and think that that doctor will be right for you.
  • 03-01-2012 08:31 AM
    richardd1972
    Thanks Tracy,

I'm leaning toward Dr. Wasserbauer as she had a cancellation next week. Everything seems to be in order for a good procedure but I can't seem to find any of her work on this site and nobody seems to talk of her. Should I be concerned if she is not talked about? If she were bad she would not be a member of the IAHRS? Also, she prices by procedure instead of number of grafts. Any thoughts on what I said?

thanks,

Richard
  • 03-01-2012 08:40 AM
    chrisis
    Richard, I'd advise against getting a hair transplant without seeing extensive evidence of the doctor's work.

Getting a hair transplant isn't like getting a kidney transplant; it's an artistic skill and each doctor's ability varies to a massive degree.

You need to see photo proof of a doctor's work and read testimonials on sites such as this. Going to a random doctor on basis of IAHRS accreditation is still too risky in my view.

There are two things you need to do right now: research and more research.
  • 03-01-2012 08:51 AM
    Winston
    I don’t think the risk lies with the quality of the IAHRS surgeon since they all have to be excellent at what they do, it’s more about if the doctor is a right fit for your needs. Since Dr. Wasserbauer is in the IAHRS you at least now she was vetted and considered to be one of the best in the world, but I would personally asked to see some patient photos and maybe even speak to a couple of her former patients.
  • 03-01-2012 09:30 AM
    chrisis
    I'd see the IAHRS a bit like the top league of any sport. Sure Bolton are in the Premiership, but why would you pay tickets to see Bolton when you could watch Man U or Chelsea?

Unless you were a Bolton fan obviously!!!
  • 03-02-2012 03:23 PM
    Sara Wasserbauer, MD
    Patient Photos
    Hi All!

Richard pointed out to me that we have not been giving The Bald Truth the attention it deserves. While we post photos weekly both on our website (www.californiahairsurgeon.com) and on other sites as well, somehow we have been so busy (thank goodness!) that we neglected our pages here. We will be redressing the wrong and in the meantime was are always pleased to provide patient testimonials (call any one of our former patients), personal experiences, and oodles of photos sent right to your inbox if you like! Just let us know.

Sincerely,
    Sara Wasserbauer MD

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

1800 graft repair case results by Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 08:38 AM
Navigating the German Job Market as a Kenyan Citizen
11-04-2023 06:31 AM