• 04-23-2014 07:38 AM
    35YrsAfter
    2 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by redy View Post
    how is donor hair even evaluated?

I've never really considered going the HT route down the road, but I feel as though my "donor area" is basically a rug.

Although our patient I posted was slick bald on top, his bald area in the back (I just posted below) was relatively small. I would say he is a Norwood 6 with a good "run" of donor hair in the back. His donor characteristics were above average. We use a DermLite to help evaluate the donor and HairCheck to measure miniaturization.

Just below the photo of the DermLite, I posted a couple of this patient's donor evaluation photos.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
  • 04-23-2014 07:56 AM
    fred970
    Good run?! It's like a rug. Is there such thing as thinning donor? Only for people with poor health I think.
  • 04-23-2014 08:14 AM
    35YrsAfter
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Good run?! It's like a rug. Is there such thing as thinning donor? Only for people with poor health I think.

I had a thinning donor back around 2004. It was a freaky awful nightmare. I was taking three medications that have a side effect of hair loss at the same time... Allegra, Ibuprofen, and glucosamine/chondroitin. Once I stopped and started using minoxidil my donor hair density improved quite a bit.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth