• 03-09-2012 08:04 PM
    Follicle Death Row
    1 Attachment(s)
    Joe Rogan Taps Out to Hair Loss
    I'm bringing this one up because UFC commentator and comedian Joe Rogan has been going on about his hair loss quite a bit recently and he said that the dumbest thing he ever did was get a hair transplant. I know he got it done back in the day but surely he could have gone to one of the top docs and gotten a megasession to improve matters. Anyway he's had treatment for his strip scar and has shaved it all off now. Thoughts?
  • 03-09-2012 09:47 PM
    john2399
    he looks totally different but he can pull it off. Just shows that everyone with hairloss tries to keep what they have for as long as they can until you have no choice but to shave it.
  • 03-10-2012 06:39 AM
    Artista
    He actually looks OK
    Rogan's pate is perfect for a shaved look.
    I wonder if he had tried to SAVE MONEY when he went for the strip transplant.
    Celebrities with wealth can still surprise us.
  • 03-10-2012 06:54 AM
    DAVE52
    Lucky bastard !
    I wish I had the balls to do that and just move on with life.
    Unfortunaelty this hair loss is physcologically murder for some of us :mad:
  • 03-10-2012 08:56 AM
    Delphi
    He obviously struggled with it for a long time. He's in his 40's and had at least one hair transplant, so I don't think it was so easy for him to let go. He looks good though.
  • 03-10-2012 09:31 AM
    Follicle Death Row
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Rogan's pate is perfect for a shaved look.
    I wonder if he had tried to SAVE MONEY when he went for the strip transplant.
    Celebrities with wealth can still surprise us.

I believe he got it done back in the news radio days, mid to late 90s. There was no FUE back then and most of transplants were still strip method micros.
  • 03-10-2012 09:32 AM
    DAVE52
    Posted n his twiiter acct MArch 2
    "Hair transplants are the dumbest thing I've ever done. It's like taking healthy people and moving them where everyone is dying. "

I wish I had his strength :(
  • 03-10-2012 09:39 AM
    Follicle Death Row
    He's a cool dude. I think he's had PRP by the sounds of it to treat the scar. He used to talk about getting a Wanderlei Silva style tattoo to cover the strip scar but maybe he can just FUE into it. Also wonder what he's going to do about the micros up top. Laser remove or just shave 'em down?

Bryan Callen also had a HT. Might have been him who talked Joe into doing it as Joe said one of his friends who had a HT advised him to go for it. Callen could probably do with another one by the looks of it.
  • 03-23-2012 07:56 PM
    clandestine
    He looks great. Grow some stubble and he's set. Wish I had a similar head shape, actually.
  • 03-29-2012 12:29 AM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    Damn, I didn't know Joe Rogan had a bad hair transplant. It's ironic that I see this post now since I just watching some old UFC fights on FuelTV. For some reason, a lot of the athletes and people affiliated with the UFC suffer from hair loss: President Dana White, Referees Dan Miragliotta and Josh Rosenthal, Joe Rogan, and fighters Randy Couture, Keith Jardine, Shane Carwin, Wanderlei Silva, Junior Dos Santos, Anderson Silva, Jon Madsen, Kimbo Slice, Mark Coleman, BJ Penn, Martin Kampmann, Richie Attonito, etc.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth