• 08-17-2011 09:45 AM
    S.W
    Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    130,000 people have viewed this thread alone - how many of those would pay even 30k for this technology?

I certainly will if it does work. The idea of losing all my hair bothers me more than losing my job.
  • 08-17-2011 09:56 AM
    MrRyan
    Yes there are a lot of us that would pay a years wage or remortgage the house to get their hair back, but remember it's one thing saying you will pay silly money and another thing actually getting it and going through with it. I mean what are you going to do rob a bank, rob your granny ? Yes you can get a loan, maybe, but if Histogen do end up having something that works they have to be very careful with their pricing or they will lose a lot of custom, and i think ethically they can make the price reasonable and accessible to all, and still have an unbelievable amount of wealth.
  • 08-17-2011 10:12 AM
    Jundam
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MrRyan View Post
    Yes there are a lot of us that would pay a years wage or remortgage the house to get their hair back, but remember it's one thing saying you will pay silly money and another thing actually getting it and going through with it. I mean what are you going to do rob a bank, rob your granny ? Yes you can get a loan, maybe, but if Histogen do end up having something that works they have to be very careful with their pricing or they will lose a lot of custom, and i think ethically they can make the price reasonable and accessible to all, and still have an unbelievable amount of wealth.

I still think the 5000 USD guess sounds about right if it does indeed restore a full head of hair once it arrives on the market. I think the marketing research they do before release will show that if you go up to 10k or higher you lose too many customers and end up with less profit. Especially if it needs to be repeated at later stages to keep the result.
  • 08-17-2011 10:13 AM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    130,000 people have viewed this thread alone - how many of those would pay even 30k for this technology?

Without a doubt I would pay 30K for it. Not even a question. A lot of people say that they won't get a hair transplant because of the cost. I won't get one cus I don't want a smiley-face scar on the back of my head for the rest of my life. So cost was never an issue for me. But if a non-scarring treatment like Histogen's HSC complex worked, I would travel to the ends of the earth and pay whatever it costs to have a full head of hair again.
  • 08-17-2011 10:25 AM
    MrRyan
    5 to 10 thousand pounds, sounds about right to me, because if whatever product they have costs too much to produce they wouldn't even bother with trying to market HSC, and they obviously are trying to do just that.
  • 08-17-2011 11:37 AM
    UK_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Without a doubt I would pay 30K for it. Not even a question. A lot of people say that they won't get a hair transplant because of the cost. I won't get one cus I don't want a smiley-face scar on the back of my head for the rest of my life. So cost was never an issue for me. But if a non-scarring treatment like Histogen's HSC complex worked, I would travel to the ends of the earth and pay whatever it costs to have a full head of hair again.

Oh God yeah 30k without a doubt - it wouldn't just cure my hair loss but the dozen other disorders that come with lol - depression, confidence et al -

What pisses me off is how someone like Dr Lee had his solutions taken down and idiots like bioregenerative sciences can carry on looting desperate customers.

Regardless, Minox is a joke when your genes decide its truly game over for your hair - so too is propecia - we need a solution that allows us to swim to shore instead of treading water.
  • 08-17-2011 12:06 PM
    UK_
    Posted by whynot on Hairsite:

http://www.stem-cell-regeneration.co...airgrowth.html

It looks like some shitty version of PRP.

"We take fat and then inject fat into scalp for monies".
  • 08-17-2011 01:07 PM
    DepressedByHairLoss
    Hey UK, I could give you some more detail on this since I actually called up the place that offers this. This place is supposedly affiliated with the Peace Wellness Center in Arizona (www.stem-cell-center.com) which uses stem cells to treat a whole range of diseases. What they told me was that at their center in AZ, they extract stem cells from your fat tissue and put them into the bald/balding areas of your scalp in order to stimulate hair growth. This place is supposed to be their affiliate in the Philippines which supposedly uses WNT and Noggin (2 proteins responsible for the formation of a pit in the skin, telling stem cells to become hair as opposed to skin), which cannot be legally used in the U.S. since they're not cleared by the FDA. I don't think adipose stem cells will do much to stimulate new hair growth. It is an excellent idea to use WNT and Noggin to stimulate hair growth except I'm not sure if this is legit. I really wonder how come some other countries do not attempt to use WNT and/or Noggin for hair regrowth since they're not bound by the restrictions of the FDA. I know that Histogen is attempting to do that (and God bless them for that, really) but maybe even other countries could bypass extensive clinical trials and offer a WNT/Noggin treatment right now. Anyway, I think they're offering something different to PRP. PRP uses stem cells and growth factors generated from human blood, while this treatment is using stem cells from adipose (fat) tissue. I personally don't think that it will work that great, but I really am interested in using WNT and Noggin to regrow hair. If I was sure that it was legit, I'd sign up in a second, but as usual, I'm not sure that it is.
  • 08-17-2011 02:25 PM
    UK_
    How did they extract/isolate/obtain the wnts? Did you ask them this?

One of the most groundbreaking aspects of Histogen is how they have been able to actually obtain and isolate the very components needed to deliver the actual gene therapy.
  • 08-17-2011 03:39 PM
    lost.hair.lost.youth
    Intercytex hair division was sold to some other compnay, but I don't recall which.

About the price, it's pure marketing. Just look at all products and services out there. First is very expensive then it gets cheaper. But I think the difference along time will not be much because there are competing services.
    Some things to keep in mind:
    - It's not a cure!!! It's a treatment that helps you get some hair back.
    - It competes with surgical treatments, especially FUE. And we still don't know how they fare against each other.
    - The process seems to be a lot less laborious than FUE. That means less man-hours of work involved in hair extraction and carefully positioning.
    - Oh another thing I almost forgot, there those other companies also working on other treatments (like cell replication), so that means competition.
    I suspect the price will be in the FUE range.
    Like everyone else I'm looking forward for this, but let's keep our feet on the ground. This is 2-4 years away. How's your hair doing? Can it wait more?

Personally I'm thinking on doing FUE now (but have to do some research first) and in 3 or 4 years complement it with Histogen.
    I'm so tired and depressed... I want to get a few of my youth years back.
    This is even more depressing in these mass media days (tv and internet), where we're bombarded with notions of attractiveness that all of us must comply with. And if you don't have hair, you're old.

@ DepressedByHairLoss
    1) regarding the scar involved with transplants: What is the problem with FUE?
    2) about the WNT/Noggin treatment. AFAIK Histogen uses WNT proteins.

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth