Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cdadams
    • Aug 2009

Nanofibers

Does anyone have experience with "nanofiber" products that make your hair look fuller? Two such products are made by Toppik and Nanogen. My hair is thinning on the crown, but still relatively "okay."

The products look interesting and have good reviews on Amazon, but if anyone here has experince with them, i would greatly appreciate hearing about it.

If you have used any of these products, did you also buy the "special hair-sprays" that the companies sale? Some of the reviews suggested using normal hair spray products, but only in the areas where you want to use the nanofibers.

thanks!
  • Refuse2GoBald
    • Mar 2009

I use Toppik religiously. It does wonders cosmetically. It is pretty messy when you apply it and it will take some practice. I do not purchase the hair sprays from the companies. I use my own hair spray. From my experience, you definitely need hair spray to keep it in your hair. I put the toppik on in the morning and then put hair spray all over. I wait for the spray to dry and then I comb it through. This gives a very thick look. Once coming through, I apply another round of hair spray so that the toppik will stay in for the rest of the day. For me, it comes off very easily in water. If you need to go swimming, I would try Dermmatch.

Comment

• bigmac
      • Nov 2008

I`ve tried most products on the market and for me Nanogen Fibres seem to be the best there is.

Take a look at this link where you can see what a difference it made.

Most of the time I just do a weird combover and that works for me. Somedays when it's really bad I use Toppik. That is some good stuff, but if it rains your in trouble lol.

As for the locking mists,i`ve tried them and hairspray works exactly the same.
      Try and use a hairspray with minimal odour.

bm

Comment

• Andyman79
        • Apr 2009

Nanogen and Toppik seem to be getting the best press from what I have seen, one seems to be bigger in Europe and one in the US.

Comment

• ohlife
          • Apr 2010

Which is the best for the temple region? I mean, my hair isn't too bad at the moment.. but at times (and most likely in the near future) it's a bit thin and you can see a bit of my scalp etc. So really I need something that will work for that area. Also, which is the most resistant to water and sweat? And how do you actually apply the stuff for this area? cheers guys.

Comment

• bigmac
            • Nov 2008

Dermmatch is your best bet imo for the temple/hairline area.

Comment

• Winston
              • Mar 2009

Dermmatch is good and I know Spencer Kobren recommends it, but I find it a little difficult to use in the hairline. You have to apply it at least 1/4 inch behind your existing hairline to make it look natural so you can’t really thicken the very front. It can also look chalky in certain light.

Comment

• krauss
                • Apr 2010

Toppik

I have used Toppik for years now, and i like it. have never used dermmatch though. until i find a solution for myelf i might get some dermmatch and try that too.

Comment

• JumpingJack101
                  • Aug 2010

Actually went from 35 years old to 48 on Toppik and absolutely noone ever noticed except for my barber. Once the frontal or crown area thins too too much however(which is where I am now in the frontal area) you can no longer get away with using it undetected as it requires a certain amount of hair to be present to attach itself to. Toppiks fiber hold spray is good as well but I never needed it until the last few years.

For anyone just starting to thin, Toppik based on my experience can buy you a few years of added density and volume.

Comment

• Levone
                    • Aug 2010

Dermmatch comes as a pad and a brush that you apply to your head and scalp in a painting/applying make-up way.
                    Nanogen comes as a tub of tiny fibres that you sprinkle over your hair. The fibres cover the thinner spots by attaching to existing hairs which makes your hair look thicker.

Comment

• krauss
                      • Apr 2010

Nanogen

Originally posted by Levone
                      Dermmatch comes as a pad and a brush that you apply to your head and scalp in a painting/applying make-up way.
                      Nanogen comes as a tub of tiny fibres that you sprinkle over your hair. The fibres cover the thinner spots by attaching to existing hairs which makes your hair look thicker.
                      I tried nanogen, I think I have way too much baldness for this stuff to look good. Its o.k. if you are just starting to thin, but not Mr. Clean like I am in some spots.

Comment

• dgman21
                        • Sep 2010

I'm assuming nanogen is like Topik. I have some Topik but have not really used it yet cause i have longer hair and comb it to the side and use this thickener powder potion that helps it stay in place. That way it covers the frontal balding but after a shower or rain you can realy seee it bad. I wish I can slick my hair back.
                        I guess if I had shorter hair it could help the frontal area. I remember when i didnt have to mess with this and can go swimming.

How can 5 months do so much? Anyone on Suboxone/Subutex?

Comment

• garageland
                          • Dec 2009

Nanogen, Is a great product for the crown and top of the head, I have used it on my crown many times,it is true you need some thin hair there at least for it to work. I like it I just don't use it very often as I find it annoying have to wash it out before going to bed, either that or have a black pillow!

Comment

• kevmal
                            • Jun 2011

nanogen nanofibers are great.

hi my name is Ger and i have been using nanofibers for a few months and its great. makes my hair look fuller and thicker and you would never know im using anything. a word of advice dont go near AIDEN CLARKE HAIR DESIGN IRELAND from DUNDALK CO LOUTH he will take your money and you will never see the product, believe he screwed me and 2 of my friends out of 127euro. BOOTS will order it for you, it might take a few days but at least youll get it.

Comment

• kevmal
                              • Jun 2011

NANO FIBERS ARE GREAT MAKES YOUR HAIR LOOK THICKER AND FULLER, THE FIBERS AND SPRAY COME TOGETHER AND LAST FOR AGES, WORD OF ADVICE ORDER IT FROM " BOOTS " IT WILL TAKE A FEW DAYS BUT AT LEAST YOU WILL GET IT UNLIKE "AIDEN CLARKE HAIR DESIGN IRELAND" FROM DUNDALK WHO HAS RECIEVED 127euro FROM 2 OF MY FRIENDS AND I 6 MONTHS AGO AND HAVENT RECIEVED AS MUCH AS A PHONE CALL FROM HIM SINCE AND NO PRODUCTS.

Comment

Working...